Player Watch Billy Frampton - Traded to Collingwood

Your opinion on Billy:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tex is one of the best if not the best deliverer from outside 50 to inside 50. Hence why CHF/HF is his best role.
Who could forget that daisy cutter Tex kicked across his body to hit Charlie Cameron on the tit in the corridor a couple of year's ago.

Who could forget that daisy cutter Tex kicked across his body to hit Charlie Cameron on the tit in the corridor a couple of year's ago.
Elim Final vs Bulldogs ??

That was a while ago now.

Interesting comments that Billy said in the press. Exactly what I thought when I heard the rumours that he was switching SA clubs. Being a Bays fan I've watched the GF several times over and the last few I've paid close attention to Billy. I think he definitely has all the tools to make a fine AFL player the rest is up to him. Train hard and take heed of his coaches and senior players and he could be anything. Let's hope he turns out to be a gun. The melts on the Port board would be delicious!!!!

If we are going to get maximum value out of Lynch and Tex then one of them at all times should be pushing up from high half forward to the wing as the link up marking target with some overlap running goal side from the likes of Smith , Milera , Sloane .
Whoops , Sorry Big Billy Boy , got a little off topic .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we talking 60 SANFL goals ?? Because id be pretty happy with that too.

Yep
Walker is way more useful playing higher up the ground

Have to admit, this kids got me intrigued now. There is a lot to work with in Billy Frampton!

Stuck behind the logjam at Port, but he could really flourish at the AFC, especially now JJ is gone!

And I firmly believe that contested marks are contagious! Get another strong contested Mark in the team and it always a good thing IMO

I get that everyone has a big hard on for the aggression, which would be great if we were getting set for the 1972 season.

Football is a little different in 2020. Sure we still need a strong attack at the ball, but the whole bloodlust excitement that Billy is creating is a bit archaic and frankly a bit disturbing.

In the end talent will determine who goes forward with an AFL career and I suspect EH has him pretty easily covered in that regard.

I disagree, I think it's actually quite foolish to ignore an aggression angle. Especially in a role where one of the key parameters to it requires a tad of bloodlust to it. You do need to be comfortable, and almost willing to hurt people to be effective when crashing packs, as it is going to inevitably happen regardless. Especially if you can straddle that grey area in the rule book.

I agree talent will determine who goes forward, and its a part of the reason that I expect Himmelberg will not be in our forward group come the end of preseason. He seems the best suited to fix up a deficiency on our list and would be ready to replace Keath round 1 (especially if we judge Butts needs more time for his body to develop).

So he clearly has been earmarked to replace Jenkins.

Fogarty replaces Walker at CHF.

A lighter Walker replaces Lynch as the wandering forward.

Then what do we do with Lynch. Not convinced he is a wingman.

Then Himmelberg replaces Hartigan... except if the opposition only have 1 tall forward, then Doedee can play CHB.

Alternatively, could run with Himmelberg replacing Keath, and have Doedee coming in a medium defender. Would relegate Kelly as one of the many hard luck stories of football but it also might work.

So he clearly has been earmarked to replace Jenkins.

Fogarty replaces Walker at CHF.

A lighter Walker replaces Lynch as the wandering forward.

Then what do we do with Lynch. Not convinced he is a wingman.

Then Himmelberg replaces Hartigan... except if the opposition only have 1 tall forward, then Doedee can play CHB.
Lynch SANFL

Back