Injury Billy Hartung - no longer sidelined(12/07/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartung has had very few mentions in the Vs Swans preview thread. I wonder if he played a full game for box hill or was sub? 16 disposals would suggest he played a full game.. Simpkin has been hitting the scoreboard, would be hard done by to be omitted by the inclusion of Hartung. Surely Hill coming back in gives us all the run we need.
To be fair we're hardly talking about young players in their team that are still border line 22 and sub candidates. Brandon Jack for example.

These guys will still have an impact but it won't be anything compared to Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoye, Roughy vs Kennedy, K Jack, McVeigh, Buddy

Hartung has had very few mentions in the Vs Swans preview thread. I wonder if he played a full game for box hill or was sub? 16 disposals would suggest he played a full game.. Simpkin has been hitting the scoreboard, would be hard done by to be omitted by the inclusion of Hartung. Surely Hill coming back in gives us all the run we need.

He played a full game. Game day thread here with some reports:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...wks-1-10pm-12-july-2014-whitten-oval.1069543/

And it was on TV so you can watch it on ABC iView if you want to.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/football-vfl/SP1319V016S00

I wouldn't mind Langford as a sub either. He could go into the middle and help to quell someone like Jack or sit on a wing on Hanners.

Hartung on Jetta in the last would be a 'delicious' match up too.

I actually think Langford with his rugby background is the perfect foil for the rugby king in Jack
I would be surprised if Hanners, Shaw and Tippett all got bought back in together - would be a big risk imo

I wouldn't mind Langford as a sub either. He could go into the middle and help to quell someone like Jack or sit on a wing on Hanners.

Hartung on Jetta in the last would be a 'delicious' match up too.
Jetta has to run hard both ways with Hill for 3 quarters and then has to spend a quarter playing on a fresh Hartung? Cruel.

he'd do his very best................. and we can't ask for more than that. Really like the idea of him running the others ragged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back