Free Agency Billy Hartung [delisted, drafted by North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

If hartung goes you'd think clarko and GW have other plans for a more established winger in the works.
Also I hope hartung stays but could be a good fit up at the lions with fagan.
Ok if you insist. download (2).jpg

If hartung goes you'd think clarko and GW have other plans for a more established winger in the works.
Also I hope hartung stays but could be a good fit up at the lions with fagan.
The lions aren't one of the chasing teams.

West Coast are all over him.

The young bloke has been real good for us despite our centre square setup getting smashed in 2 of the 3 matches.

I know it's a little too early to make any definitive calls, but I am starting to wonder whether Hawthorn utilised him in a capacity that didn't maximise his assets.

Looks a very different player.

We might have stolen one from under Hawthorns nose here (about time too!)

The young bloke has been real good for us despite our centre square setup getting smashed in 2 of the 3 matches.

I know it's a little too early to make any definitive calls, but I am starting to wonder whether Hawthorn utilised him in a capacity that didn't maximise his assets.

Looks a very different player.

We might have stolen one from under Hawthorns nose here (about time too!)

Not so much stolen from our nose - rather a young bloke who perhaps had some bad advice in his ear - thought he was worth far more than the club did, and wanted to explore his options for a big contract elsewhere. Similar to Menegola perhaps in that another club got in his ear about how much he was worth, then didn't follow through once he had burned his bridges at Hawthorn.

Before his elbow injury had potential to eventually survive inside the square, but afterwards never showed any inclination for physical contact - perhaps by coaches instruction (see Brad Hill's change since heading to Freo). Regardless, he seems to have a stronger edge to his contested play this season.

He can run but can't do much else. Looks like the exact same ******* player he did at Hawthorn.

err what?

He's been nothing but fantastic this year.

Everyone knows he can run.

Wait till you see how fast and how far he will run to avoid any hint of physical contact.

He's making you look like an even bigger arsehat.

If that is actually possible.

Yes folks Ol Snakey says that.

This is the bloke that told us Martin to North was a done deal.

Then told us Kelly to North was a done deal.

Who's the arse hat?

BTW has anyone told you that you have an uncanny posting style that mirrors Meltdown Mario. ;)

Averaging 22 disposals, leading the comp in bounces and is picking up 380 metres on the outside.

Continues to be an excellent addition

You got a taste of our frustration though last night, like the absolutely under no pressure out on the full down the wing late in the game?

And for an outside player he's averaging less metres gained per match than Tommy Mitchell, pretty poor if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got a taste of our frustration though last night, like the absolutely under no pressure out on the full down the wing late in the game?

And for an outside player he's averaging less metres gained per match than Tommy Mitchell, pretty poor if you ask me.
lol you want to compare meters gained against a bloke that is averaging well over 40 touches? Bizarre. Compare him to a similar early 20 player like JOM.

JOM has less meters gained - pretty poor from a high priced - high cost player.

Averaging 22 disposals, leading the comp in bounces and is picking up 380 metres on the outside.

Continues to be an excellent addition

Going at only 58% disposal efficiency from a purely outside player.

Doesn't look like much has changed to be honest, he did some good things at Hawthorn as well. We know he can run the only problem is that was his default, but would run himself in to trouble and sell players under the bus by making it someone else's problem afterwards. He kicked an amazing goal against Carlton towards the end of last year and played one of his better games for the club that night, also finished it by panicking at the end of the game and costing us the game.

I don't hate Billy and i would have no issue with him improving and having a good career at North, but i would really not use last nights game as a chance to show off what we are missing. Henderson is a better player than he is.

Take out the round 1 match in the Cairns monsoon and he's tracking closer to 70%.

I agree that this needs to improve another 5-10%.

Doesn't look like much has changed to be honest, he did some good things at Hawthorn as well. We know he can run the only problem is that was his default, but would run himself in to trouble and sell players under the bus by making it someone else's problem afterwards. He kicked an amazing goal against Carlton towards the end of last year and played one of his better games for the club that night, also finished it by panicking at the end of the game and costing us the game.

I don't hate Billy and i would have no issue with him improving and having a good career at North, but i would really not use last nights game as a chance to show off what we are missing. Henderson is a better player than he is.
Impey 63%, Rioli 60%, JOM 68%, Shiels 64%. DE is am over rated stat.

err what?

He's been nothing but fantastic this year.

Agreed, odd post I reckon he's been noticeably good in contests this year. To be honest I didn't think he was bad at Hawthorn either and was extremely surprised no clubs were keen on him sooner through the DFA. I have no idea what kind of guy he's like off the field, but on it he'd be a very handy addition to pretty much any side in the comp.

Take out the round 1 match in the Cairns monsoon and he's tracking closer to 70%.

I agree that this needs to improve another 5-10%.
Sorry, that was from last night alone is what i meant. Has had 2 games in shocking weather which would not suit his style of play. I will admit he has been better than i expected but i think he still has a long way to go before Hawks fans would be worried about letting him go.

Has the tools to be a good AFL player and could be a bargain pick up for North if he can make it. Long way to go though yet.

Sorry, that was from last night alone is what i meant. Has had 2 games in shocking weather which would not suit his style of play. I will admit he has been better than i expected but i think he still has a long way to go before Hawks fans would be worried about letting him go.

Has the tools to be a good AFL player and could be a bargain pick up for North if he can make it. Long way to go though yet.
Good post. He has filled one of our biggest holes - lack of leg speed. We don’t have many that can run and break the lines.

Impey 63%, Rioli 60%, JOM 68%, Shiels 64%. DE is am over rated stat.
Im not a Hartung basher. But DE isnt a useless stat although it is contextual.

Players that take the tough options open themselves up to a low DE even though thay have a high skill level.

But if a player takes the easy option more often then not and also has a lowish DE it does tell a story. Im not going to say that ive watched him this year i havent and i rated his strengths at Hawthorn was one of his main defenders. But his DE for options taken was always a sticking point with me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dont get triggered. What he said is correct. Hartung is a good addition to a team which has bulls but needs speed.

We knew we were getting Impey so didnt need Hartung.

Its good to see he found a home. I liked him. Anderson too.

Im not a Hartung basher. But DE isnt a useless stat although it is contextual.

Players that take the tough options open themselves up to a low DE even though thay have a high skill level.

But if a player takes the easy option more often then not and also has a lowish DE it does tell a story. Im not going to say that ive watched him this year i havent and i rated his strengths at Hawthorn was one of his main defenders. But his DE for options taken was always a sticking point with me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Round 1 played in the wettest conditions ever seen at Afl. All you could do was get it and kick it as far as you could. Yesterday was wet and windy in Tassie.

2 our of 3 games DE goes out the window. It’s not a true indication of how good he has been. I have no problem so far with his kicking. Big up grade on Gibson who was truly a butcher.

Dont get triggered. What he said is correct. Hartung is a good addition to a team which has bulls but needs speed.

We knew we were getting Impey so didnt need Hartung.

Its good to see he found a home. I liked him. Anderson too.
Hartung and Impeys stats are very similar - including DE.

Everyone knows he can run.

Wait till you see how fast and how far he will run to avoid any hint of physical contact.

First act at North was to back back into a leading Hogan in JLT1.

We don't need him to be getting clearances we need him to run. But whenever it has been his turn to go, he has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back