Free Agency Billy Hartung [delisted, drafted by North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Im really excited about this upcoming match. Hartung on the wing will be an interesting match up. He knows our system so might find a way to getout the back.

Id be hoping the likes of Morrison, Smith and Hendo show him enough respect.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im really excited about this upcoming match. Hartung on the wing will be an interesting match up. He knows our system so might find a way to getout the back.

Id be hoping the likes of Morrison, Smith and Hendo show him enough respect.

On the flip side there wouldn't be a coach that would know more about him than Clarko so he will have a plan to try and exploit him. Will be interesting to see the outcome Sunday afternoon.

On the flip side there wouldn't be a coach that would know more about him than Clarko so he will have a plan to try and exploit him. Will be interesting to see the outcome Sunday afternoon.
True but...

With all his flaws (and he has a few) his strengths arnt the easiest to exploit. He runs all day but on top of that he runs SMART.

If he gets out the back and he make the right decision the ball can move end to end quickly.

Billy kicked a goal and gifted us a goal.

Anderson was a tough guy running in to players but really didnt do a lot.

There would be 12 or 13 other Roos players ahead of them. Probably even Daw.
Anderson had 9 tackles. He was running into players when they had the ball. You had 18 players with 3 or less tackles.

You were desperate to have someone out their willing to get their hands dirty. Anderson did - more so than any hawk out there today. Lol - didn’t do a lot.

Impey showing more than Jed or billy ever did. Keep being a mediocre football club
Must burn that a mediocre football team pulled your pants down.

Billy is leading Jarmen in kicks, handballs, marks, goals, goal assists, disposal efficency (0.2 difference in contested possesions) 1%ers, meters gained. You have added nothing to your side by replacing Billy with Jarmen.

#fastestrebuildever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy is leading Jarmen in kicks, handballs, marks, goals, goal assists, disposal efficency (0.2 difference in contested possesions) 1%ers, meters gained. You have added nothing to your side by replacing Billy with Jarmen.

#fastestrebuildever
I know he’s working out for you and that’s great, but he was a disaster for us. Run run, then run into trouble, then panic handball or kick that put a team mate under the pump. His third quarter on Sunday was much more like his hawthorn form- he coughed it up on the back flank 2 or 3 times in a short space of time while we were on a run.

Jarman is much better for us. Billy working out well for you. Everyone’s happy aren’t they?

Regarding the mediocre team pulling our pants down - that is a concern. Leaking 75 points in a half to a team that struggles to score is bizarre - it’s a complete system breakdown so hopefully we can learn from it. (Still don’t know how a side kicks 75 in a half but doesn’t crack the tonne by the end of the game - very strange). Reminds me of last year when Brandon Matera kicked 6 against us - when a dud kills you the response needs to be swift and extreme.

I know he’s working out for you and that’s great, but he was a disaster for us. Run run, then run into trouble, then panic handball or kick that put a team mate under the pump. His third quarter on Sunday was much more like his hawthorn form- he coughed it up on the back flank 2 or 3 times in a short space of time while we were on a run.

Jarman is much better for us. Billy working out well for you. Everyone’s happy aren’t they?

Regarding the mediocre team pulling our pants down - that is a concern. Leaking 75 points in a half to a team that struggles to score is bizarre - it’s a complete system breakdown so hopefully we can learn from it. (Still don’t know how a side kicks 75 in a half but doesn’t crack the tonne by the end of the game - very strange). Reminds me of last year when Brandon Matera kicked 6 against us - when a dud kills you the response needs to be swift and extreme.

He simply wasn't well suited to the tighter spaces that Hawthorn employ with their game plan. He's much better suited to our longer corridor game.

He has also added some more physicality to his game as he has already achieved his highest tackle and clearance career stats in 2018.

Currently looking every bit like an eventual 25+ outside running machine.

Impey is also prone to make big mistakes and completely drifts out of games.

What do you mean we struggle to score? We have outscored you the last 4 weeks. Are you just looking at the points for? We played round 1 in the wettest conditions footy has ever been played in. Scoring is only a problem when we play in a monsoon.

Having 2 players KOed in 6 seconds will slow scoring.

#fastestrebuildever
Billy defensively is terrible and don’t win flags in April scoreboard reads 13 to 4

Impey is also prone to make big mistakes and completely drifts out of games.

What do you mean we struggle to score? We have outscored you the last 4 weeks. Are you just looking at the points for? We played round 1 in the wettest conditions footy has ever been played in. Scoring is only a problem when we play in a monsoon.

Having 2 players KOed in 6 seconds will slow scoring.
I would much rather Impey's mistakes than Billy's and I've seen both up close for my side.

What do I mean by north struggling to score? Ignoring the 'wettest conditions footy has every been played in" drama (it was a wet game, I get it):
- only scored over 100 once this year, against bottom of the ladder carlton
- only managed to score 22 in the first half against st kilda
- only scoring 34 in the last half against Melbourne
- only scoring 23 in the last half against Hawthorn
- only scoring 29 in the first half against Port. (For a total of 53 in the last 4 quarters of footy the team has played).

But you say scoring is only a problem when you're in a monsoon. These all look like games where you've struggled to score for very large chunks of games without monsoons. Therefore, north are a team that struggles to score.

And look at the sides you've played against: saints, carlton, melbourne, gold coast. Hawks are the best team you've played and we're currently ranked 7th. If you're struggling to score against that bunch then look out when you play the top 4.

Anyway - this thread is about Billy, and you're happy with him. So chill out.

He simply wasn't well suited to the tighter spaces that Hawthorn employ with their game plan. He's much better suited to our longer corridor game.

He has also added some more physicality to his game as he has already achieved his highest tackle and clearance career stats in 2018.

Currently looking every bit like an eventual 25+ outside running machine.

Glad he’s found a home to be honest.

His limitation at Hawthorn was decision making and disposal quality.

Standard Hartung play was win ball, use pace to get into space, look up, look confused, rubbish disposal. I could only watch that so many times.

I would much rather Impey's mistakes than Billy's and I've seen both up close for my side.

What do I mean by north struggling to score? Ignoring the 'wettest conditions footy has every been played in" drama (it was a wet game, I get it):
- only scored over 100 once this year, against bottom of the ladder carlton
- only managed to score 22 in the first half against st kilda
- only scoring 34 in the last half against Melbourne
- only scoring 23 in the last half against Hawthorn
- only scoring 29 in the first half against Port. (For a total of 53 in the last 4 quarters of footy the team has played).

But you say scoring is only a problem when you're in a monsoon. These all look like games where you've struggled to score for very large chunks of games without monsoons. Therefore, north are a team that struggles to score.

And look at the sides you've played against: saints, carlton, melbourne, gold coast. Hawks are the best team you've played and we're currently ranked 7th. If you're struggling to score against that bunch then look out when you play the top 4.

Anyway - this thread is about Billy, and you're happy with him. So chill out.

Saints are hard to score against.:)

We did put 73 points on in the 2nd half.:eek:

I see after the weekend a few of the North boys have worked Billy out.

“Terrified of any hint of physical contact”

Is by far and away his biggest weakness followed by panic when that hint of physical contact looks like coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back