Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have North found themselves in this situation? Their list is in horrible shape.

I don't think it is as bad as people make it to be. We troubled a lot of sides this year with an injury depleted, no depth side, playing a lot of kids for their first dozen odd games. LDU will be a good addition and we will likely get another look at another good midfielder next year before I think we will go hard again at Kelly in 2019. I think had we got Kelly this year it would have been a mistake, it would have cost us a fair bit and we still lack enough class in the middle. I think 2 guns plus Kelly plus having Cunnington, McDonald, Atley, Dumont and Clarke, etc around gives it enough firepower that you can give 2019 and 2020 first round pick for him and be comfortable you have enough talent in the middle to make a fist of it.

We have a good enough forward line. Brown is a good key forward, Wood & Garner are dangerous and we have McKay, Durdin and Simpkin young and developing atm, the vast majority of them being first round picks so they aren't exactly a bunch of hacks with unrealistic expectations.

I think we are on the right track, it just comes down to development and hopefully our run of LTIs is reigned in, it has delayed the development of a number of our players over recent years.

LDU will be a star,ahern needs heaps of time as does Simpkin.
LDU is a star but unfortunately he won’t fulfill his potential at North. They just don’t produce A graders anymore and have struggled with developing their promising kids. Not saying he will completely flop, I just think they’ll get a solid B grader like Cunnington as opposed to a bonafide superstar like Cotchin.

You know the bar is real low when the wait being over refers to a bloke returning to training. Dire times.

Of course the bar is low. The bloke has had two knee recos before he even got on the park.

LDU is a star but unfortunately he won’t fulfill his potential at North. They just don’t produce A graders anymore and have struggled with developing their promising kids. Not saying he will completely flop, I just think they’ll get a solid B grader like Cunnington as opposed to a bonafide superstar like Cotchin.

Everything about Richmond was a bad pun prior to this year, s**t can change even with pretty much the same playing group and coaching group. It can also change for the worse quite quickly as well, just ask the Dogs supporters.

You know the bar is real low when the wait being over refers to a bloke returning to training. Dire times.

Context is important.

Seeing someone on the park after two knee reconstructions in one year and taking all of 2017 off to give his knee time to heal properly is a pretty important and significant low bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course the bar is low. The bloke has had two knee recos before he even got on the park.
Yet you guys are pinning your hopes on him?

Good luck to the guy but he won't be the player he looked like being prior to being drafted.

Good luck to the guy but he won't be the player he looked like being prior to being drafted.
Not pinning our hopes on him at all. He was a former pick 7 that we got for pick 69 two years later. Sure, he has had 2 knee recos (which North were well aware of before trading for him) but we as NM fans can still get excited and encouraged by his talent and the fact he isn't wearing any knee support or brace/tape and looks to be moving well.

Yep, how could we forget the shadow that Lenny Hayes was after his second knee reco.

Yep, how could we forget the shadow that Lenny Hayes was after his second knee reco.
I wish him well, I really do especially after seeing how it ruined Mark Coughlans career but sadly Lenny Hayes is the more of a exception then the rule and a very different player to what Ahern is.
I might enjoy taking the piss but never in regards to a guy like Ahern I really hope he comes back stronger then ever.

North are going through a rebuild phase and Hartung is about nine years younger then Gibson and fits into their clubs age profile going forward.
Exactly.

Hartung gets a lot of s**t, but he's been steadily improving year after year. I thought at times this year he was showing signs of a breakout year on the horizon, as well.

I don't think the Hawks are too worried after nabbing Jarman Impey, though.

Mind you, any Hawks fan who badmouths Hartung for his poor disposal better be prepared to feel the same frustration when it comes to Impey (mind you, at least Impey can stick a tackle).

Even when he was drafted he looked out of place next to the others of that draft year, I remember seeing a pic on somebodys insta of them at the beach and Ahern was looking more like a Big Bang Theory actor than a footballer. 2 years in rehab and he still has the worst upper body in league football, hard to know what he has been doing the whole time.

Even when he was drafted he looked out of place next to the others of that draft year, I remember seeing a pic on somebodys insta of them at the beach and Ahern was looking more like a Big Bang Theory actor than a footballer. 2 years in rehab and he still has the worst upper body in league football, hard to know what he has been doing the whole time.

An upper body can be toned in 6 weeks.

Some of the Hawks fans on here should just bite their tongues when it comes to slapping Hartung. Is he the perfect, complete player? Of course not, and his weaknesses (kicking/disposal/decision making and lack of physicality/tackling pressure) are in areas that our club is non negotiable about. That's not to say he cant find his niche seomwhere else.

Good luck to Billy at North, I hope he makes a career of it there.

You need to relax this much hating on North will end with you getting liver cancer. Not good for you- calm the * down

Pinning our hopes? We got him for pick 69 you clown haha

You’re spot on. This is where north and St Kilda are so similar - great at producing guys who look like they’re putting in 120% effort but just aren’t getting the job done compared to the a graders at other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back