Billy Hartung

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isnt as bad as people are making out, he gets the ball enough, skill level is ok and is super fit and quick he just is a very mechanical footballer ie no real x factor. Sam gibson basically with more pace. I think he is better than gibson mind you but its a pretty decent comparison. Id be happy to keep him and see him develop further because he still is quite young and not close to his peak yet. However if we can get a decent return for him i would have no stress about trading. He is certainly 1 of those players who wont win you a flag but can potentially contribute to one and you need those players in your team

He isnt as bad as people are making out, he gets the ball enough, skill level is ok and is super fit and quick he just is a very mechanical footballer ie no real x factor. Sam gibson basically with more pace. I think he is better than gibson mind you but its a pretty decent comparison. Id be happy to keep him and see him develop further because he still is quite young and not close to his peak yet. However if we can get a decent return for him i would have no stress about trading. He is certainly 1 of those players who wont win you a flag but can potentially contribute to one and you need those players in your team

Would have thought a slow team like the Swans may be interested. Then again I dont think they are missing Jetta.

Mitchell on the other hand...

Hartung reminds me of Matt White (previous Tigers / Port player). Never going to accumulate massive numbers but will break the game open with pace and endurance. Disposal always a concern but a pick 30+ seems about right.

I wouldn't want Carlton to trade anything for him or take him if he was free and we still have a bit of deadwood on our list.

I don't care what attributes he has, to my eye he has terrible composure under pressure and his disposal is just awful. Just doesn't look or play like a footballer. Not sure what he would bring to any side but it would be a firm no from me and hope our recruiters see things the same way.

In reality no club would or should give up anything under a pick 40-50 for him. Doesn't have a huge ceiling. He is probably worth keeping from a Hawthorn perspective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has elite speed/endurance but that is it.

You see him break lines and look up and go wtf do I do now? The amount of times I've seen him struggle to make a football decision is incredible.
Do not want, not at all. He might be a Rhodes scholar, but in football smarts he is dumb, dumb, dumb. Pick above 50, at best.

This is not a Hawks bash. So many grouse kids on their list, there are at least 7-8 players younger on the Hawks list that have whizzed straight past him. Hawks are set up to rebound quickly, they don't need Hartung.

My read on it is the Hawks know this is the only time Hartung still holds any form of currency, so get something while they can.

Where do you start with this deluded poster and his over-rating of every player on the Port list.

Impey is a bloke that will be delisted next year if he remains at Port. Hartung on the other hand, will be no different to Brad Hill who everybody was saying last season was a non-effectual footballer, he has carved it up at the Dockers and just won their BnF in a canter.
Not even Billy's dad buys that

You see him break lines and look up and go wtf do I do now? The amount of times I've seen him struggle to make a football decision is incredible.
Do not want, not at all. He might be a Rhodes scholar, but in football smarts he is dumb, dumb, dumb. Pick above 50, at best.

This is not a Hawks bash. So many grouse kids on their list, there are at least 7-8 players younger on the Hawks list that have whizzed straight past him. Hawks are set up to rebound quickly, they don't need Hartung.

My read on it is the Hawks know this is the only time Hartung still holds any form of currency, so get something while they can.

To be fair, Hartung did get a burst on and look up to two less forwards in attacking 50 than there should be. It would have been difficult for any wingman in the comp to find a target in there when we had numbers back defending transition.

To be fair, Hartung did get a burst on and look up to two less forwards in attacking 50 than there should be. It would have been difficult for any wingman in the comp to find a target in there when we had numbers back defending transition.
Sorry, don't buy it. I don't see other players confused and failing to make smart decisions as much as Hartung. It's a consistent thing with him. Your Irish rookie is smarter than Hartung football wise.

I'd give my left nut for Burton, love Sicily.

Like Howe, Glass, Stewart, Hardwick, MIles.

Just think Hartung is a dud. All clubs have them.

I think the lack of busts at Hawks is a credit to development. But you can't get them all right.

Sam Gibson is significantly bigger than Billy Hartung too. 8cm is a lot. Billy Hartung needs to develop more of a forward game.

Sorry, don't buy it. I don't see other players confused and failing to make smart decisions as much as Hartung. It's a consistent thing with him. Your Irish rookie is smarter than Hartung football wise.

I'd give my left nut for Burton, love Sicily.

Like Howe, Glass, Stewart, Hardwick, MIles.

Just think Hartung is a dud. All clubs have them.

I think the lack of busts at Hawks is a credit to development. But you can't get them all right.

Hartung early in the year was far worse than Hartung later in the year. Glass started playing at a time when the team was doing far better. But Billy also did far better.

Would definitely offer pick 48. Whether Hawks would accept that is another matter.
It's probably about right.
Be interesting to see which Hawthorn would value more, pick 48 or retain Hartung? Also interesting to see which Hartung would choose if Hawthorn offer him a contract

Also suffers from this strange affliction where he is able to run twice as quick when he or his team has the ball as he does when he/they haven't. This strange condition is known by many names. In other sporting codes it is known as cherry picking. In AFL circles it is more commonly described by it's colloquial name downhill skiing, however it's official medical term is Westcoastitis.
FabulousFrighteningJaeger-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back