Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Many Billy Joel fans here?

He is hands down one of my favourite artists and his body of work is brilliant.

Hard to pick a favourite track but it'd be between Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, A Matter of Trust, Miami 2017, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Summer Highland Falls or Vienna.

So, so, good.

Not a huge fan but I do like:

New York State of Mind
The Stranger
Piano Man
You're Only Human
This Night

Seen him twice at the Tennis Centre many years ago.
Loved him in my teens, an uncle put me onto him.
Love most of his songs, favourite album would be An Innocent Man but couldn't split between This Is The Time and Keeping The Faith as my favourite songs

Dunno how I didn't notice this thread to now. Though I wouldn't call myself a "fan" as such, as he doesn't
perform in my favourite music genres, I have nothing but respect for his songwriting and performing talent
and have actually seen him twice - the first time was way back sometime in the mid nineties at the MCG with
Elton John (I watched from what seemed about 150 metres away), the second time at MSG in Manhatten.

The songs already listed are all very good, but his signature song will surely always be his first really big hit -
Piano Man. I recall it getting played several times every night at the Piano Bar at Pat O'Briens in New Orleans,
with the whole crowded bar singing loudly along, hurricanes in hand.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was tempted to fly over to America this year to see him in concert, but it seems most of the concerts are sold out.

I'm in as well, saw him back in early 90's then around 96-97 I think.
He's been killing it at MSG over the last few months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back