Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Grundy has improved since 2014.

Well done.
Some stinker calls from yourself in 2014 though, absolute Gold.

Piped into the argument and brang out the old stat sheet like it had any value at all. Seriously how many ruckman in the history of the game have actually had good stats at 19/20 years old?

Didnt take much of a genius to realise Grundy had elite potential from his performances late in 2013 against Hawthorn and Sydney if you watched the games instead of looking at the stats.

You mocked the idea of being scared of Brodie Grundy and Jarrod Witts in 2014, both now are arguably 2 of the top 3 ruckman in the league in 2019.

Some stinker calls from yourself in 2014 though, absolute Gold.

Piped into the argument and brang out the old stat sheet like it had any value at all. Seriously how many ruckman in the history of the game have actually had good stats at 19/20 years old?

Didnt take much of a genius to realise Grundy had elite potential from his performances late in 2013 against Hawthorn and Sydney if you watched the games instead of looking at the stats.

You mocked the idea of being scared of Brodie Grundy and Jarrod Witts in 2014, both now are arguably 2 of the top 3 ruckman in the league in 2019.
In 2014 Grundy wasn't like an extra midfielder. Which was the post I was replying to was claiming. If the same argument was made now I'd happily agree with it.

Tradey said nothing about his potential, he said at the time he was like another mid. I was right, at the time he wasn't.

But please feel free to try and point score 5 years later.

In 2014 Grundy wasn't like an extra midfielder. Which was the post I was replying to was claiming. If the same argument was made now I'd happily agree with it.

Tradey said nothing about his potential, he said at the time he was like another mid. I was right, at the time he wasn't.

But please feel free to try and point score 5 years later.
in 2014 Brodie Grundy had under 18’s and VFL form behind to him to suggest he had ball winning ability, Dave could have been referring to that form, he was not specific if we want to get technical.

Regardless, Grundys average of 12 disposals a game in his first season would look very nicely against any 18-19 year old ruckman in there first season, so that actually would suggest he had shown some ball winning ability from the start compared to other first year ruckman post 2000(it wouldnt be fair to compare Grundy to the seasoned ruckman during 2013), i doubt many other former or current ruckman averaged 12 disposals in there first season.

Anyway, Tradedraft had been following Grundy immensely since he was drafted, and you only provided a 12 game sample of an out of form second year player, so it was definitely smarter to agree with Dave on this one.

Edit: Numbers linked to a phone number so rearranged sentence.

Last edited:
in 2014 Brodie Grundy had under 18’s and VFL form behind to him to suggest he had ball winning ability, Dave could have been referring to that form, he was not specific if we want to get technical.

Regardless, Grundys average of 12 disposals a game in his first season would look very nicely against any 18-19 year old ruckman in there first season, so that actually would suggest he had shown some ball winning ability from the start compared to other first year ruckman post 2000(it wouldnt be fair to compare Grundy to the seasoned ruckman during 2013), i doubt many other former or current ruckman averaged 12 disposals in there first season.

Anyway, Tradedraft had been following Grundy immensely since he was drafted, and you only provided a 12 game sample of an out of form second year player, so it was definitely smarter to agree with Dave on this one.

Edit: Numbers linked to a phone number so rearranged sentence.
So....

In 2014 when I made the comment was Grundy playing as an extra mid? Yes or no?

So....

In 2014 when I made the comment was Grundy playing as an extra mid? Yes or no?
He played the same game he does now, just now hes become more consistent and finds more football on the spread. Around the stoppage he has always been superior to other ruckman at ground level, giving him the midfield big midfielder tag from his early days. No surprise now hes peaking hes putting out 25 disposal games.

Yeah I'm pretty worried. :D
No one blames you now :D.
In their last 3 encounters, Grundys total is 70 disposals and 103 hitouts:D, Bellchambers 38 disposals and 66 hitouts, bummer :(.

He played the same game he does now,
And with that you've been exposed.

Honestly next time you go point scoring after 5 years make sure you've got it nailed.

Grundy 5 years ago wasn't an extra mid. He might be now but it's entirely irrelevant to the conversation I had 5 years ago.

Grundy in 2014 is the same as the current version. :D :D Yeah ok, the only thing consistent between now and 5 years ago is some Pies fans just aint that bright.

And with that you've been exposed.

Honestly next time you go point scoring after 5 years make sure you've got it nailed.

Grundy 5 years ago wasn't an extra mid. He might be now but it's entirely irrelevant to the conversation I had 5 years ago.

Grundy in 2014 is the same as the current version. :D :D Yeah ok, the only thing consistent between now and 5 years ago is some Pies fans just aint that bright.
I pointed it out and you keep ignoring that you mocked 2 of 3 best ruckman in the league back in 2014 :D:D:D, i want to hear todays comments

I pointed it out and you keep ignoring that you mocked 2 of 3 best ruckman in the league back in 2014 :D:D:D, i want to hear todays comments
Yes because in 2014 they weren't.

I've already said Grundy has improved, which you seem to think he hasn't since he's playing the same as 2014 apparently, will it make you feel better for me to say Witts improved to?

Coz of course 2019 versions are bloody good players. But when I made that comment what year was it?

I've already said Grundy has improved, which you seem to think he hasn't since he's playing the same as 2014 apparently, will it make you feel better for me to say Witts improved to?

Coz of course 2019 versions are bloody good players. But when I made that comment what year was it?
The thread asked who was going to be the better player. Emphasis on going to. As in future.

How crazy that people would assume your analysis might predict their scope for improvement and ability in the future hey?

The thread asked who was going to be the better player. Emphasis on going to. As in future.

How crazy that people would assume your analysis might predict their scope for improvement and ability in the future hey?
The post I replied to said Grundy was playing as an extra mid in 2014.

I said he wasn't, I was right, he wasn't.

How is this such a hard concept to grasp?

The post I replied to said Grundy was playing as an extra mid in 2014.

I said he wasn't, I was right, he wasn't.

How is this such a hard concept to grasp?
Actually the post you replied to said he was like an extra midfielder after the tap. He has always been fantastic when it comes to contesting in the clearances and in close.

their post was clearly about Grundy and witts in the future, they werent in the same team at the time and the poster was looking forward to watching them together, so they werent just referring to them in 2014, rather they were talking about the future they hoped would include grundy and witts in the same side and they would be formidle, and you mocked them leading me to believe you didn’t rate either at the time despite both showing signs very early.

You’re misinformed with the bolded, i have already stated he was out of form during 2014. Quote where i said Grundy hasnt improved since 2014, hes improved dramatically. I said he played the same game in 2014, which included the same intensity and ground ball presence, but obviously a watered down version including less disposals/hitouts/marks due to his age and inexperience, like every other young ruckman who has ever played.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the post you replied to said he was like an extra midfielder after the tap. He has always been fantastic when it comes to contesting in the clearances and in close.
In 2014, when I made the comment, he wasn't like an extra mid before or after the tap. He is now. He's improved, is it really that hard to accept?
their post was clearly about Grundy and witts in the future, they werent in the same team at the time and the poster was looking forward to watching them together, so they werent just referring to them in 2014, rather they were talking about the future they hoped would include grundy and witts in the same side and they would be formidle, and you mocked them leading me to believe you didn’t rate either at the time despite both showing signs very early.

You’re misinformed with the bolded, i have already stated he was out of form during 2014. Quote where i said Grundy hasnt improved since 2014, hes improved dramatically. I said he played the same game in 2014, which included the same intensity and ground ball presence, but obviously a watered down version including less disposals/hitouts/marks due to his age and inexperience, like every other young ruckman who has ever played.
Well you're wrong if that's what you were "lead to believe".

As for the bold you said he plays the same game, but a "watered down version" is not the same role. He was not the same player was he? He's got better?

You've again just conceded he's improved since 2014, meaning when I made the comment I was right. All your ranting and raving about 2019 is irrelevant to what I said in 2014. Which is why you tried to change take with Witts and Grundy, first point scoring failed gotta move onto the next.

5 years later and you go after the guy who said something that was correct. It's a bold strategy cotton.

In 2014, when I made the comment, he wasn't like an extra mid before or after the tap. He is now. He's improved, is it really that hard to accept
He absolutely was always better than most ruckmen after the tap right away.

Like I said, the post you replied to was a clear reference in style on play and in the context of who would be better in the future. If you were unable to recognise this and decided to interpret it (somehow) and who is better now, then fair enough I guess 😂😂

He absolutely was always better than most ruckmen after the tap right away.

Like I said, the post you replied to was a clear reference in style on play and in the context of who would be better in the future. If you were unable to recognise this and decided to interpret it (somehow) and who is better now, then fair enough I guess 😂😂
"Is like another midfielder"

That's what I responded to.

You can pretend it meant something different if you can't concede I was right and he wasn't like another midfielder in 2014.

I suppose you can ignore the rest of what he said if you want 😂😂 Sweet jesus 😂

Carry on I guess 👍
Well it's the part I replied to 5 years ago.

But ok what part of

"Well he Offers a Contest all the Time. Is like another MidFielder after the Tap. Can take a Strong Mark and his Ruckwork is Underrated"

Is written as future tense? He was talking about Grundy as a player in 2014. He was wrong then and you trying to pretend he meant something different to what he said isn't going to change that.

Well it's the part I replied to 5 years ago.

But ok what part of

"Well he Offers a Contest all the Time. Is like another MidFielder after the Tap. Can take a Strong Mark and his Ruckwork is Underrated"

Is written as future tense? He was talking about Grundy as a player in 2014. He was wrong then and you trying to pretend he meant something different to what he said isn't going to change that.
Because his style of play is current and is relevant for his scope for improvement and effectiveness as a player in the longer term. In his opening post his question for the entire thread was literally "who will be the better player". It's not exactly cryptic.

Also, you're still completely incorect that he didn't offer a contest after the tap in his early years. But you're sticking to your guns, so fair play for you I guess hahaha.

Because his style of play is current and is relevant for his scope for improvement and effectiveness as a player in the longer term. In his opening post his question for the entire thread was literally "who will be the better player". It's not exactly cryptic.

Also, you're still completely incorect that he didn't offer a contest after the tap in his early years. But you're sticking to your guns, so fair play for you I guess hahaha.

You are trying to hammer together an argument that doesn't exist. The post I quoted, the bit I took issue with was his statement that Grundy was "like another mid after the tap." He wasn't like that in 2014, no matter how many times you proclaim he has developed into that (which btw I actually already said he has) it doesn't change that in 2014 he wasn't

I never he didn't offer a contest. I said he wasn't like another mid in 2014.

You are trying to hammer together an argument that doesn't exist. The post I quoted, the bit I took issue with was his statement that Grundy was "like another mid after the tap." He wasn't like that in 2014, no matter how many times you proclaim he has developed into that (which btw I actually already said he has) it doesn't change that in 2014 he wasn't

I never he didn't offer a contest. I said he wasn't like another mid in 2014.
What does an inside midfielder generally do after the tap? :think:

What does an inside midfielder generally do after the tap? :think:
Wins the ball.

But sorry I must've missed the part where TradeDraft said "inside mid" I'd swear he just wrote "midfielder," can you point it out to me?

Or are you changing what has been again? Weird how if you're right and I'm wrong that you keep changing and twisting and I just keep quoting and repeating what Isaid.

In 2014, when I made the comment, he wasn't like an extra mid before or after the tap. He is now. He's improved, is it really that hard to accept?

Well you're wrong if that's what you were "lead to believe".

As for the bold you said he plays the same game, but a "watered down version" is not the same role. He was not the same player was he? He's got better?

You've again just conceded he's improved since 2014, meaning when I made the comment I was right. All your ranting and raving about 2019 is irrelevant to what I said in 2014. Which is why you tried to change take with Witts and Grundy, first point scoring failed gotta move onto the next.

5 years later and you go after the guy who said something that was correct. It's a bold strategy cotton.
Whats this obsession with “Role”, Grundy was a number one ruck in 2013 and when he played 2014, hes a number one ruck now, what in his role is changed that makes him an extra mid? What now because he averages 12 more disposals a game, he plays a different “Role”, he still gets named in the same position he did before, theres no role change, just improvement from a footballer.

So your trying to say is more disposals=Role changed?

Whats this obsession with “Role”, Grundy was a number one ruck in 2013 and when he played 2014, hes a number one ruck now, what in his role is changed that makes him an extra mid? What now because he averages 12 more disposals a game, he plays a different “Role”, he still gets named in the same position he did before, theres no role change, just improvement from a footballer.

So your trying to say is more disposals=Role changed?
I don't have an obsession with role.

You're the one that started banging on about his role, I just said he wasn't playing like an extra mid in 2014.

Its all I've stated.

All discussion about roles originated with you bringing it into the topic, I tried to help you understand my point by replying using similar language but you're desperately trying to get the "win" here that you can't seem to understand. Funny, all the people you could've quoted to "score points" 5 years after the fact and you picked the one bloke who simply said in 2014 Grundy wasn't like an extra midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back