Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

Billy Longer vs Brodie Grundy

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what game they watched apparently he won the hit outs according to a few on here.

Warnock and Wood won the hit outs yes, they also had zero influence on the game, if you watched the game through more than one eye you would have noticed that. ;)

They, unlike you, actually pay attention to more than just hit-outs.

No, read what I posted. I said he was well beaten in the ruck but got more of it around the ground. As you should in a twelve goal win. Which is all true.

Warnock and Wood won the hit outs yes, they also had zero influence on the game, if you watched the game through more than one eye you would have noticed that. ;)

Wood actually had 13 and kicked 2 which is not bad.

Wood did one or two good things and also put in some poor efforts. Warnock won more hitouts than anyone, but if you go to the blues board they almost unanimously want him dropped. Grundy has been acknowledged by most as one of the best players on Friday night.

I posted Grundy got beat in the ruck but was better around the ground. Longer had 51 hit outs the week before.

Warnock didn't play that game though, he is good at winning plenty of taps but gives no other value. Anyway I don't think this is going anywhere but around in circles.

I posted Grundy got beat in the ruck but was better around the ground. Longer had 51 hit outs the week before.
You seam a bit upset about it and I'm not sure if you have seen the game, so I will break it down for you. Grundy lost the centre square hit outs. But roved well and tackled well to win many clearances. Grundy broke even and clearly tapped a lot more to advantage at boundary throw ins and round the ground ball ups were he was able to use his strength to advantage. Grundy also played forward for most of the last quarter and was rested on the bench for 18% of the game(20-25 minutes). All up he probably rucked 65% of the game and we were clearly resting him in the last and to see how he goes up forward. Both White and Gault rucked for periods of time with Wood and Warnock getting large amounts of tap outs. Wood played forward for periods and got both of his goals when matched up on our back men.

Last edited:
It was 12-2 during the first Warnock v Grundy.

You're a broken record. Not sure if you're just an argumentative, bitter person OR if you really are just a pathetic troll.

No one's denying that. Grundy won the battle. Pure hitouts are overrated, hence why everyone's not on Longer's nutsack. Blind.

You're a broken record. Not sure if you're just an argumentative, bitter person OR if you really are just a pathetic troll.

No one's denying that. Grundy won the battle. Pure hitouts are overrated, hence why everyone's not on Longer's nutsack. Blind.

Check out the last few AA rucks and tell me hit outs are over rated.

Check out the last few AA rucks and tell me hit outs are over rated.

Oh whoosh St Kilda man. Grundy is ahead of Longer at this stage. So be it.

Favourably, Blonger has just start to realise that he is bigger than almost everyone else on the park and he should thrown his body around. He is beginning to play like a ruck man and an aggressive ruck at that. I would argue this development over the last month actually puts him ahead of schedule re. the average ruck.

The hit outs are great but if we are to get back to (ideally) playing in Grand Finals, we need him to continue to be aggressive at both the man and the ball.

Good work Blonger. Very happy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Longer had a shoulder reco late last season and it significantly restricted his preseason and him not being available during the preseason games opened up the door for Hickey to take over our no.1 ruck mantle and he's grabbed it with both hands and had a terrific year (got the 10 coaches votes against Gawn on the weekend for instance).

Longer on the other hand apparently won't have full extension of his arm for a while yet and has also missed a month or more of footy recently due to concussion issues and prior to that he hardly got to play in the VFL, as we had 3 byes in the first 10 rounds, so this year has been a bit of a write-off for him.

Has returned for the past two games though and had 60 hitouts on the weekend, so that was very encouraging.

OOC at the end of the season, so we're apparently very keen to get him locked away as clubs are circling him and we probably won't get full value for him if we trade him now and there are also plenty at the club who apparently still see him as being our no.1 in the ruck in a couple of years time.

In the last two years, whichever one of Hickey or Longer has been fit and available at the start of the year has ended up having the no.1 job for the bulk of the season, because they've grabbed their chance and run with it, so Billy is probably just one injury to Hickey away from being in the main gig again next year, if he stays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back