you_idiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2002
Bacchus Marsh, VIC
Other Teams
The mighty Geelong Cats!
Read and discuss...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/30/binladen.son/index.html

The CNN online report seems to suggest that the Al-Qaeda leader may be dead, but may still be on the run as well...

Pro-dead:

from the article:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Some members of Osama bin Laden's security detail have been captured and are among the detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, U.S. officials told CNN Tuesday.

Sources believe that if the bodyguards were captured away from bin Laden, it is likely the most-wanted man in the world is dead. The sources said the guards have been in custody since February.

The revelation is the latest circumstantial and anecdotal evidence suggesting the al Qaeda leader might have been killed in the U.S.-led military action to purge the Taliban from power in Afghanistan.

Some high-level U.S. officials are already convinced by such evidence that bin Laden, who has not been seen or heard from in months, is dead.

Con-dead:
also from the article:
But sources and officials Tuesday underscored there is not enough evidence to draw a firm conclusion about bin Laden's fate, including anything to suggest he remains alive.

I have an opinion on it, and one that I will not be swayed from, but I want to see what others say first...

What do the rest of you think?

Cheers,
William

Been dead for months. I am suprised that the Yanks have admitted it though I thought they would 'chase' him all the through the countries they didnt like. :rolleyes:

Hard to say. I'd want some definative evidence before I decide either way - a videotape, body, etc - anything.

The Hitman

I hadn't given it too much thought over the last couple of months, but when I did I presumed that he'd still be alive. Though, thinking about it now, it's most probable that he is dead, or at the very least keeping a very low profile. The only footage of him to come out for the last few months has been the stock-standard 'jihad against the infedel' stuff which hasn't given any insights or reactions to recent events on the war in Afghanistan and could have been produced any time over the last year.

If he's dead, they'll never find the body though, that's a certainty. His troops would have been under strict orders to dispose of the body any way possible to ensure that the Americans never got their hands on it and displayed it like a trophy on TV (his dead body would been shown on CNN if the Americans had killed him and managed to recover his body).

He most probably died during the Bora Bora campaign via US rockets and was his body was subsequently buried or more likely cremated by his soliders so that the Americans would never gain definite confirmation of his death.

I get the feeling he isn't. He is probably used to those conditions if he still is in those conditions. He wants them to think he's dead, and thats when he'll make the next attack(if he is alive). Anyway i don't think they'll find him dead or alive, as he's covered his tracks to well.

The one thing i'm worried about is he might strike again, but in another country?

I came up with a theory of Osama Bin Laden a couple of weeks ago while I was really ****ed - but it's nearly as plausible as any other:

He doesn't exist. He's a mythical-type figure, sort of like the Islamic version of Robin Hood. Every now and then an actor, and it's never the same person, will dress up in the costume in the same way that westerners dress up as Santa Claus, and read the standard lines to sustain the impression that he's out there.
And that's why the UN forces in Afghanistan haven't been able to find him.

Considering he used to live in London and used to attend every Arsenal game, I think your theory is a bit outlandish. ;)

The Hitman

toys 'r' us hotseller ~

LadenVersusUSA.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back