Multiplat Biomutant (apocalyptic open world fable kung-fu/shoot combat rpg)

Remove this Banner Ad

Im guessing we just ignore anything this guy reviews in the future.

View attachment 1136662
View attachment 1136663

This is why I've pretty much given up on reviews. You don't need a qualification to do it and all you need is a YouTube channel with a handfull of subscribers to get a "review code" (for you, free promo for them). I've been around long enough to work out if something is for me or not.

In saying that Press Start have been the only place to impress me with their reviews in years. They read pretty objectively and more often than not align with my own opinions on stuff.

This is why I've pretty much given up on reviews. You don't need a qualification to do it and all you need is a YouTube channel with a handfull of subscribers to get a "review code" (for you, free promo for them). I've been around long enough to work out if something is for me or not.

In saying that Press Start have been the only place to impress me with their reviews in years. They read pretty objectively and more often than not align with my own opinions on stuff.
Love me.

Also our reviewer for Biomutant also reviews for Press Start :)

Who is it? Only other decent reviewer is Griz who's work I haven't seen much of since leaving Official PS Aus. He'd regualry feed me breadcrumbs on stuff because he knew I kept my mouth shut.
So you're saying you've been holding out on us?

So you're saying you've been holding out on us?

He left a few years back when the mag became just a reissue of the UK mag. So back then.... Yes 😛

My worst hold out was the Aus/Oceanic Razer rep was in my close knit Destiny group of 7 or 8 of us. They were a Blizzard partner and he regualry got briefs for promo reasons and stuff. I was sitting on some really dirty info prior to Beyond Light that I was itching to blurt, especially when I was watching the big Destiny youtubers trying to speculate on stuff. It was also funny to listen to some of them with their alleged "inside info" which was absolutely rubbish lol.

Who is it? Only other decent reviewer is Griz who's work I haven't seen much of since leaving Official PS Aus. He'd regualry feed me breadcrumbs on stuff because he knew I kept my mouth shut.
His name is in the above review – Kieron Verbrugge.

Shannon from Press Start is a good mate of mine, and Griz often writes for another of my mates sites.

I know you think getting review codes is easy and that anyone can be a reviewer, and while the last part is true, I've worked my arse off (along with my team) getting WellPlayed to where it is now as a Metacritic-listed site.

So according to one reddit person the reviews average out to a 7.1/10.

That seems pretty decent for a AA made from 20 people. I still may wait for a sale though since I have game pass titles to get through.

His name is in the above review – Kieron Verbrugge.

Shannon from Press Start is a good mate of mine, and Griz often writes for another of my mates sites.

I know you think getting review codes is easy and that anyone can be a reviewer, and while the last part is true, I've worked my arse off (along with my team) getting WellPlayed to where it is now as a Metacritic-listed site.

No doubt and good on you. I'm just getting more jaded as I get older 😁. YouTube, social media streaming has given everyone and anyone a platform and I refuse to base a purchase on their opinions. You've got the ridiculous and big outlets that somehow manage to view every game through a political lense (who also contribute to the almighty metacritic score) to Joe blow on YouTube with less than 1000 subs giving his hot take and complaining that X-publisher has black listed him for his previous truth bomb. The value of reviews is at an all time low IMO.

So according to one reddit person the reviews average out to a 7.1/10.

That seems pretty decent for a AA made from 20 people. I still may wait for a sale though since I have game pass titles to get through.

Starting to see more and more small teams pull this sort of stuff off in UE4. It has an amazing set of tools. Just wait until MetaHuman is fully rolled out, the quality of indies is going to really go up.

No doubt and good on you. I'm just getting more jaded as I get older 😁. YouTube, social media streaming has given everyone and anyone a platform and I refuse to base a purchase on their opinions. You've got the ridiculous and big outlets that somehow manage to view every game through a political lense (who also contribute to the almighty metacritic score) to Joe blow on YouTube with less than 1000 subs giving his hot take and complaining that X-publisher has black listed him for his previous truth bomb. The value of reviews is at an all time low IMO.
Haha, it does happen as you get older. I guess you've done the right thing and found reviewers you trust and who align with your tastes. Hopefully we can win you over at some point :cool:. I reckon we do pretty good stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disappointment, the combat is flat and all the mini bosses attack in the same way. I've put all my points into melee damage and I still have to use my gun to do any decent damage. The world is empty, there is nothing to interact with at all. But the combat just hurts, it looked so good but what a disappointment

What a disappointment, the combat is flat and all the mini bosses attack in the same way. I've put all my points into melee damage and I still have to use my gun to do any decent damage. The world is empty, there is nothing to interact with at all. But the combat just hurts, it looked so good but what a disappointment

Did you finish ME trilogy already?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back