Birds, brunch, crevices......and ambient KISS

Remove this Banner Ad

Climate change is making Albatrosses Divorce

albatross-pair.jpg

Albatrosses, typically monogamous birds, are now increasingly splitting up because of ocean warming due to the climate crisis, a study has found.

Over 90 per cent of all bird species are monogamous and splitting up is regarded as an adaptive strategy to correct for suboptimal partnerships triggered by previous breeding failures

While “divorce” rates among albatrosses were found to be typically less than 4 per cent on average, the study found this number doubled to nearly 8 per cent when the oceans were warmer.

The findings provide the first evidence that it is not just breeding failure, but also environmental conditions that play a part in “divorcing” the long-living monogamous birds.

An album consisting entirely of birdsong has debuted towards the top of Australia’s Aria chart, beating Mariah Carey, Michael Buble and Abba to get to No 5 one week after its release.

Songs of Disappearance, a collaboration between multimedia duo the Bowerbird Collective and David Stewart, who has been recording the sounds of Australian birds for over four decades, features the calls and songs of 53 threatened species.

With all proceeds donated to BirdLife Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found a birds nest cleaning up.
Moved it to a wheelie bin.

Now its gone.
Someone took their home back .tweet

Wasn't able to take pics of the sea birds yesterday's. I interesting watch them swim so close to the sea..

Sea gulls that one bossy one trying to take all the chips 🍟 🤣

Took these .
Ducks @ Ross.
Bird @ T pavement at Eagles neck.

We have a bird at home lives in the roof.
We named Vic.
First pic, I think they might be mallard hybrids, male on right.

Second picture, pied oystercatcher 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back