Birds, brunch, crevices......and ambient KISS

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a tough quiz.....I don't know my Owls from my Albatrosses'......Apparently.
I thought I was a better twitcher too
I got a bit over half from memory

I remember seeing a painting of a Cockatoo in the Louvre and it pre-dated Cooks discovery of Australia,it got me excited about the rewritting of Australian history
just found out from that quizz
Turns out the Cocky is in the Dutch East Indies and has a Malaysian name.

I thought I was a better twitcher too
I got a bit over half from memory

I remember seeing a painting of a Cockatoo in the Louvre and it pre-dated Cooks discovery of Australia,it got me excited about the rewritting of Australian history
just found out from that quizz
Turns out the Cocky is in the Dutch East Indies and has a Malaysian name.

I started off like a House on Fire with Howards Duck & the Cassowary …..But it was all down hill from there.....Went down in flames quicker than a Jap Zero.

had a flyover by a grey goshawk today
almost pure white underneath slightly dark wing tips light grey on top
Stunning,,,, put the brakes on a few times and just stood still in the air
iu

b5a08d4c7a82430a6dc13e47b377f17fca88aa38

White-winged trillers, which are rarely sighted in southern Victoria, are also turning up in their hundreds around Melbourne’s suburbs.
Australian Birdlife editor Sean Dooley said it was believed the unusual sightings were the result of worsening drought destroying native habitats in Australia’s north and centre.

“It's a really good indicator of the severity of the drought when you're seeing these numbers of birds that are pretty well adapted to arid-zone living,” he said.
“When they fall south, you know that things are really serious.”

b5a08d4c7a82430a6dc13e47b377f17fca88aa38

White-winged trillers, which are rarely sighted in southern Victoria, are also turning up in their hundreds around Melbourne’s suburbs.
Australian Birdlife editor Sean Dooley said it was believed the unusual sightings were the result of worsening drought destroying native habitats in Australia’s north and centre.

“It's a really good indicator of the severity of the drought when you're seeing these numbers of birds that are pretty well adapted to arid-zone living,” he said.
“When they fall south, you know that things are really serious.”

From that same article, here's another rarely seen species in suburbia that's been sighted also.

The Pied Honeyeater:
1573290974951.png

Massive Mildura dust storm leaves Victorian town 'unliveable' amid 40C heat

iu

“What is really eerie is that everything goes quiet,” she said.
“There’s no birdsong, there’s nothing.
It’s really bizarre and you know you are in the worst of it when the birds stop singing.

“I have been here for 10 years and have never experienced anything like this.
We used to have a dust storm a year, this is now a weekly basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iu

It’s really bizarre and you know you are in the worst of it when the birds stop singing.

1574325665833.png Minds one of the Melbourne dust Storm that blew in from the Mallee in 1983....Just a couple of months prior to the Ash Wednesday bush-fires.

I

iu

I remember looking out of the portable classroom window and seeing nothing but red.

The origins of many famous band names always interests me.

By the time 1983 rolled around, they lost, or ditched, their zany image.....Perhaps due to a process of maturation, or that they were now established & secure enough to allow the substance of the music & it's message to speak for themselves.

This one, off their album 'Conflicting Emotions', demonstrates that new-found maturity precisely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back