Birds of Prey

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Just taking a look at the DVD "Birds of Prey" that was released by the club in 1998, and what an excellent story it was. It took us up to the non-merger with Melbourne and into the 1998 season. I'm still annoyed no mention was made of Ian Dicker's contribution to the club in terms of our survival, but that's another matter.

It got me thinking that over the past 22 years, so much has been added to the club's great history. The 4 premierships on 2008, 2013, 2014 & 2015, a 3-peat for the first time in club's history, Brownlow Medals to Shane Crawford and Sam Mitchell, the end of Waverley as an AFL venue and subsequent home games at the MCG and later Tasmania.

We have seen some of the greatest players in the game represent the club in this time. First 4 time B&F winner Shane Crawford who carried the club on his back for years, winning a premiership in his final game. We saw Buddy's incredible season in 2008, kicking 113 goals. We've seen champions such as Luke Hodge, Sam Mitchell, Lance Franklin, Jarryd Roughead, Shaun Burgoyne, Cyril Rioli, Jordan Lewis, Josh Gibson, and the list goes on.

Then there was the story of Roughead's health scares, his comeback, and his brilliant final match last season kicking 6 goals. Of course, there is Alastair Clarkson the longest serving and most successful coach in our history, a 4 time premiership winning coach, a story in itself with his health problems in the 2015 premiership year.

I'd like to see the club undertake a project, "Birds of Prey, 1999-2020". I know I'd buy one. I used to be well connected with the club, but not these days. Who would be the best person to contact to see if this were possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back