C'wealth Birmingham 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

That's an amazing achievement. Not just the win but running that time in a major championship.

Though it was a fantastic time, even more important was that it was a magnificent tactical race. Best of all time for an Aussie I reckon. Even when Herb Elliot was best in the world he didn't have to worry about tactics too much. He just ran.

But beating two world champions with a measured kick at the end. wow. WOW!!!

Our men's 4x100m relays have been heart-breakers this weekend. Both were ahead and then a disaster at the last change.

World Junior team could have won gold (were thrashing the US & other teams) until the mistake and then this Comm Games team coulda won a medal but then a WTF - never seen before - accident.

Hamish and whoever this chick is broadcasting have terrible chemistry

Hamish (sorry, you have to call him 'Hame' if you are being paid by Ch7) has pretty much terrible chemistry with anybody.

Wish they would do away with studio hosts and just get back to the live sport.

Annabelle did a good job during the swimming though - much more informative than predecessors like Giaan Rooney or Liesl Jones. Though few would compare to the amazing Nicole Livingstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely netball has to be in Brisbane Olympics?

Netball - like cricket - is mainly a Commonwealth sport. No reason to add it - especially being a team competition - to the Olympics when they are trying to cut down on competitor numbers.

And - like many Commonwealth sports - they are not truly global. US netball team? Chinese rugby-7s team, Russian cricket team? Never ever a thing - never ever gonna be.

I preferred it when Comm Games had NO team sports.

Last edited:
Bueta the key for the diamonds I feel, her athletisicm is unreal.

Surely netball has to be in Brisbane Olympics?
It's behind sports like squash which are strong both inside and outside the commonwealth

Netball - like cricket - is mainly a Commonwealth sport. No reason to add it - especially being a team competition - to the Olympics when they are trying to cut down on competitor numbers.

And - like many Commonwealth sports - they are not truly global. US netball team? Chinese rugby-7s team, Russian Aussie Rules team? Never ever a thing - never ever gonna be.

I preferred it when Comm Games had NO team sports.
True. But netball is played by like 80 something countries. I think it deserves a place.

True. But netball is played by like 80 something countries. I think it deserves a place.

'is played' is a bit of an exaggeration. A bit like 'ice hockey is played in Australia'. I can see that some team sports (eg hockey, netball, rugby 7s, cricket) that are relevant to the Commonwealth get added to these Games but basketball? (even tho AUS might be good at it) - it has no real tradition or reason to be included.

Good win in a hostile atmosphere. I don't think they'll lose to Jamaica again after that, but they've bottled it a few times now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back