Dan26

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Werribee
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So, what do you all think?

Apparently he has an on-air role only and will not be involved in any of the decision making. I don't know what to think. On one hand, it's an exciting development, but there have been far too many exciting developments iin the last year which have failed to have any legs - they get old quickly.

The WWE needs to create their own NEW era, rather than recycling old gimmicks and stables (nWo)

When the attitude era started, it was fresh. There was no refernece to the past, and the WWF without knowing it was creating an era that would take on a life of it's own. The WWF wrestlers who appeared to shun history, instead became PART of history.

At the moment, the WWE just seems to be making too many ratings grabbing decisions, which are good for the short-term, but have no long term benefit. I hope they know what they're doing with Bischoff - I really do. I can see this being another Vince vs Ric Flair angle, which goes nowhere.

I didn’t watch WCW that much so I’m not very familiar with the Bishoff character. I do like the arrogance he’s displaying.

I really enjoyed RAW last night. I haven’t been able to say that in a while. I don’t know yet if he’s a major reason why RAW was more entertaining but the show is at least is starting to look headed in the right direction.

I’m so glad they didn’t go through with the DX comeback. Plus, it wouldn’t be the same without the Road Dogg.

as far as new groups instead of recycling
i think the anti-americans are GREAT for the WWE
also it looks as if (smackdown spoilers) there may be another group forming which looks pretty impressive
also the island boys who were on raw look like good heels
the WWE has picked up lately ... cant wait for more

Yes I must say that last night's RAW was the best Raw since last year. Big call, I know, but one of the reasons Raw had dropped in the TV ratings, is because the product was becoming stale.

Last night was great. There was no Nash (injured obviously) or Hogan, and the show was held up by the wrestlers who SHOULD be in the spotlight. No has-beens.

Spot on Dan.

Great to see actual WRESTLERS carry the show.

I thought it would have been real clever if they had let Eddie Guerrero pin the Rock but it was a hell of a match anyway. Eddie is a freak: his crucifix reversal of the rock bottom was sensational.

Originally posted by Dan26
Last night was great. There was no Nash (injured obviously) or Hogan, and the show was held up by the wrestlers who SHOULD be in the spotlight. No has-beens.

Hear Hear!:D

'Bout bloody time too.

Originally posted by Rusty Brookes

Eddie is a freak: his crucifix reversal of the rock bottom was sensational.

**** Oath.

I haven't seen anything like that outside Japan.

At first i thought Eddie had screwed up his role in the rock bottom.

Thank God they didn't make HHH make a massive step backwards and be HBK's lacky(even though the old DX music and entrance was pretty cool). He is the game and he is that damn good!!!
Great to see things picking up and bring on Global Warning.

Originally posted by SonOfScray
E Z E, the man with the greatest entrance in wrestling :D

Does anyone know what the story with Goldberg and Sting? I heard Goldberg is locked in a contract that Ted Turner wont release him from. The WWE has gotta get the Stinger involved.

Originally posted by bomberrob

Does anyone know what the story with Goldberg and Sting? I heard Goldberg is locked in a contract that Ted Turner wont release him from. The WWE has gotta get the Stinger involved.

Goldberg’s contract was recently bought out and is technically a free agent. I’m guessing that the WWE would like him but he wants too much money. I believe I have seen a report that Sting was saying that he doesn’t approve of the WWE storylines and will not join.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back