Bishop's 2016 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were not watching the same players, did you watch the S.A internal trial game? How was Comitogianni's DE% around the 75% mark if he was kicking at 43%? doesn't match up , you don't win the Macca's cup MVP in 2015 and the 2016 reserves Magarey medal if you can't kick. He is a far superior kick than Graham and Schareberg.
As for Pitman he is a stand out kick in a draft with a lot of ordinary kicks.

SA internal game I saw, yep he was good I acknowledge that. But a game against only SA kids and comparing that to AFL players is far far different.
How was his disposal efficiency around the 75% mark and kicking was 43%- You clearly have no idea how efficiency works. DE includes both kicks and handball efficiency, whereas KE (Kicking efficiency) is just kicking.

You could have 20 disposals, 10 of them are kicks & 10 are handballs. Your 10 kicks, 5 could be effective and 5 not effective = 50%. Your 10 handballs, all could be effective = 100%.

Your Kicking efficiency is 50%, but disposal efficiency is 75%.

For what it's worth I don't think Graham or Scharenberg kick the ball well either. To compare all three kicking efficiencies from the champs
Graham: 53.7%
Scharenberg: 49.1%
Comitogianni: 43.5%

Pitmans was 77.6% KE, his numbers all around were superb in the champs.

22 touches today, four goals including one on the run from the pocket and a brilliant snap over his shoulder.

Disposal was outstanding by hand and foot. Set up a couple of goals for his team mates and plenty of other opportunities.

He'll be embarrassing a few people once he's been in the system and he's coached to handle his raw talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have to get around to watching, numbers good but if you look at the standard of WAFL Colts which I've seen previously its far far off the pace.

He's got plenty of ability and is powerful, but kicking and decision making are two huge AFL assets that players need.

Bishop do you expect English and Marshall to go top ten this year? All the quality seems to be midfielders but it would be strange not to see a couple of big guys go high.

Also, are you expecting GWS to have to use their first pick (7) on and academy player or do you think they'll be able to use that in the open draft?

I personally think GWS go all out to get Pick 1 & for me they'll get it done. I think if they kept Pick 7, there is probably a good chance either Perryman or Setterfield is bid on. I rate Perryman Top 5, so I'd be bidding.

I expect English to be a Top 5-6 pick, but it all depends who has what. I reckon Freo would have him at #3, unless McGrath is there who I'm confident they'd take. Marshall more of a moments player, he was poor today but very very good last weekend. I think he's in first round talk, but he's not going to be a big key forward (eg: Patton, McCartin) for example. Brett Anderson has used a comparison some what of Justin Westhoff with his narrow shoulders, which isn't a bad one for such a raw player in Marshall.

The talk has always been this year was more smalls and next year was tall.

SA internal game I saw, yep he was good I acknowledge that. But a game against only SA kids and comparing that to AFL players is far far different.
How was his disposal efficiency around the 75% mark and kicking was 43%- You clearly have no idea how efficiency works. DE includes both kicks and handball efficiency, whereas KE (Kicking efficiency) is just kicking.

You could have 20 disposals, 10 of them are kicks & 10 are handballs. Your 10 kicks, 5 could be effective and 5 not effective = 50%. Your 10 handballs, all could be effective = 100%.

Yeah I know how it works thanks. Have a think about those numbers though lol. His kicking is above average that's what the eyes tell me too.

I watched the game yesterday- Taranto is a jet.

Where do you think he lands Bishop? 5-9 or do you think there is a chance he makes it out of the top 10 with team needs/other players ahead of him?

For what it's worth I don't think Graham or Scharenberg kick the ball well either. To compare all three kicking efficiencies from the champs
Graham: 53.7%
Scharenberg: 49.1%
Comitogianni: 43.5%

Pitmans was 77.6% KE, his numbers all around were superb in the champs.

Will have to get around to watching, numbers good but if you look at the standard of WAFL Colts which I've seen previously its far far off the pace.

He's got plenty of ability and is powerful, but kicking and decision making are two huge AFL assets that players need.
I really don't see what relevance having seen something previously had to do with this season ? This years WAFL Colts (far far off it) standard very high, last years very average , next years I anticipate again very average . I watched for seasons but to a degree standard of play is supported by the number of academy players , players touted in many forums as in first 2 rounds draft . Mid season some of the star quality departed as the better players tested waters in reserves and league footy . The finals Serues were cracking games of a high standard as teams back loaded star players from the two higher leagues .

Next year looking bit down , this years crop best for many a year .

Certainly 3 of the better players ( AFL site review, not mine ) in All Stars featured SPS, Shai B , SPP .

Often kicking percentages are influenced by team performance , are many most kicks under pressure , are people leading up effectively, or even just handling cleanly . Who is doing the work off the ball to assist the kicker . Earlier in Colts season I saw SPS have a very average % game , he was heavily tagged and receiving little help from team mates . He won the " dirty" ball with others watching . He is an elite kick both sides.

Could rant on for ages, but another comment about something you have not seen is uniformed comment for the sake of it, reeks of "big brother " attitudes.

I watched the TAC and rather than even think about commenting my thought was shame the footy calendar does not allow the best colts teams to play each other.

Watching the All Stars match I could be forgiven for wondering what the hype ( including this site ) was about some of the Vic lads . But that would be really silly given it was a one off match with cobbled together teams after heavy season plus had not seen enough TAC to start having an opinion.

Where do you think he lands Bishop? 5-9 or do you think there is a chance he makes it out of the top 10 with team needs/other players ahead of him?
Been following him pretty close, and my opinion is that it is not possible he gets past St Kilda's pick at 10, but I doubt he'll make it that far. A genuine top 5 chance IMO.

I think he's a chance to crack the Top 5, Richmond (Or Gold Coast for that matter) at Pick 6 would be amazed if he got past there. As below, think St Kilda at #10 grab him if he's still on the board. He might slide out of the top 10 due to academy bids in a sense, but I think he's right in the first handful of players live in the draft (Non academy kids)

where do you see florent going and could he potentially be the dynamic mid that the eagles need.

where do you see florent going and could he potentially be the dynamic mid that the eagles need.

I'd have Florent in the 10-20 range. I think he'd come in the Saints' thoughts at #10 for example.

I think he'd be good for a lot of teams playing half forward/outside mid. He hasn't really put a complete game together til Friday, with a fair chunk a clearances- a number which isn't as big at TAC Cup level. Plenty of spark, X-Factor/Agility in the forward half of the ground.

I'd have Florent in the 10-20 range. I think he'd come in the Saints' thoughts at #10 for example.

I think he'd be good for a lot of teams playing half forward/outside mid. He hasn't really put a complete game together til Friday, with a fair chunk a clearances- a number which isn't as big at TAC Cup level. Plenty of spark, X-Factor/Agility in the forward half of the ground.
A couple of question Bish.

1. Do you think if GWS still have pick 7 then they'll have to use it on an academy?

2. Any chance a couple of KPP's go top 10 or is the quality just not there this year? Seems like all the best players are midfielders this year.

1. Do you think if GWS still have pick 7 then they'll have to use it on an academy?

2. Any chance a couple of KPP's go top 10 or is the quality just not there this year? Seems like all the best players are midfielders this year.

1. No- I think it'll get packaged up for them to get Pick 1- If not, I think Setterfield gets a bid before it.

2- I think Tim English will go top 10- he probably has the scope to be a CHB (or a ruckman) but will need time to develop. His game on Friday was really quiet, but his body of work this year has been very good.

Todd Marshall I think could almost fall outside the first round, pretty underwhelming this year- Josh Battle 20-40 range, Griffin Logue a key defender I think has the capacity to push for the Top 10. He might be an interesting one to see where he ends up on draft nights.

Next years draft is loaded with plenty of talls, all be it probably not the most mobile ones. I reckon there could be 5-6 inside the top 10- mostly forwards.

Can't see Bolton falling outside of the top 15 myself. Can see him taken at West Coasts first selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see Bolton falling outside of the top 15 myself. Can see him taken at West Coasts first selection.

Will be moving him up a fair bit- not that high. The WA teams will do their homework, I said to someone on the Richmond thread I could see him as a 'flight risk' interstate, but the home state clubs will do their homework and Bolton's highlights package arguably will be the best out of anyone in this draft.

Will be moving him up a fair bit- not that high. The WA teams will do their homework, I said to someone on the Richmond thread I could see him as a 'flight risk' interstate, but the home state clubs will do their homework and Bolton's highlights package arguably will be the best out of anyone in this draft.

Appreciate the response Bish. And you're right, they are doing there homework

Ple
please remember Bolton OK only 18s champs , played very well in what was effectively an exhibition game last Friday . His form in WAFL colts very good most eeeks but never tested up
Leagues as many of his fellow WA draftees were . Liam Ryan 19 year old with Subiaco was very good at top WAFL level playing against men . Have seen quite a bit of Boltons play at school, club and rep level I think people getting a bit too excited about an exhibition game . He will get drafted but I think 30s onwards .

Ple

please remember Bolton OK only 18s champs , played very well in what was effectively an exhibition game last Friday . His form in WAFL colts very good most eeeks but never tested up
Leagues as many of his fellow WA draftees were . Liam Ryan 19 year old with Subiaco was very good at top WAFL level playing against men . Have seen quite a bit of Boltons play at school, club and rep level I think people getting a bit too excited about an exhibition game . He will get drafted but I think 30s onwards .

Agree with you on that one.

Ple

You could have said the same things about B Hill in his draft year, but sometimes a player has a number of AFL qualities and his downsides can be easily fixed.

Or D Garlett , regarded as much better footballer than Rory Lobbe at Colts level

Not saying he has anywhere these issues but it's a bunch of very talented 18 year olds thrown together , no practise worth speaking about for exhibition game and it looked it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No way an academy club will ever voluntarily use a high draft pick on one of their own academy kids. It just doesn't make sense to.

Basically that's is a dream scenario for an academy that has a highly rated kid.

Club gets to pick the best kid available at their live pick, then pick up their kid when another club bids on him.

No way an academy club will ever voluntarily use a high draft pick on one of their own academy kids. It just doesn't make sense to.

Basically that's is a dream scenario for an academy that has a highly rated kid.

Club gets to pick the best kid available at their live pick, then pick up their kid when another club bids on him.
So are you saying GWS will trade pick 7? Because if Setterfield is bidded on in the top 6 they'll have no choice.

Same goes for GC. Unless they trade picks out they'll have to use a high draft pick on Bowes

Or D Garlett , regarded as much better footballer than Rory Lobbe at Colts level

Not saying he has anywhere these issues but it's a bunch of very talented 18 year olds thrown together , no practise worth speaking about for exhibition game and it looked it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bolton got his off field issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back