Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's your view on Brayshaw? I thought he was terrific in both the televised games. Clean, hardly missed a target, quick and evasive. Can he play midfield?

Well yes - he's played there in the champs and at TAC Cup and at school!

I have him in the 15-25 range. Probably late 1st/early 2nd

Played mostly forward with stints in the midfield. But can he be the opposite?

I felt he was more midfield than forward, he certainly was not in the back half. He looks like a natural midfielder that potentially has the inside and outside game. I don't have his testing results on hand, but he seems quick across the ground.

I felt he was more midfield than forward, he certainly was not in the back half. He looks like a natural midfielder that potentially has the inside and outside game. I don't have his testing results on hand, but he seems quick across the ground.

3 seconds flat 20m.

I just thought he was so clean and reliable with ball in hand and was wondering why he wasn't being talked up like others in the 10-20 range (except yourself)? Is it his height? Hardly saw him make a mistake. He looks like a definite AFL player. This is for you too Bishop

I just thought he was so clean and reliable with ball in hand and was wondering why he wasn't being talked up like others in the 10-20 range (except yourself)? Is it his height? Hardly saw him make a mistake. He looks like a definite AFL player. This is for you too Bishop

I think it is because he was injured and off a few people's radar.
I may have gone a little early on my call with regards to him going where I picked him, but I could see him moving into the top ten.

I may have gone a little early on my call with regards to him going where I picked him, but I could see him moving into the top ten.
That's good to know for people like me who never see these kids except for a couple of televised games:thumbsu:

Still yet to see a poor game from him this year, incredibly consistent and he didn't even show much of his efficiency in front of goal as well he is a classy finisher.

He's in the 15-25 range for me, very good player.

Went at 100% by foot yesterday, usually very clean.

Missed about a month with a quad injury hence why he didn't play til game 3 for Metro.

If LDU is available at our (current # 8) pick, Dodo won't be able to scramble to the microphone fast enough.

Exactly the sort of player we need

If Davies gets to Essendon with Pick 8, I'll jump on stage and present the jumper to him on draft night. Can't see him getting there - though his contested numbers haven't been as good as expected in the Champs - disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think we would call his name IF he is to last to our first pick? Would have thought its a given considering he is exactly the sort of player we need

He will be gone by pick 3, that's why they're making the comment.

Given it's likely to be Brisbane/North, it will be a combination of Rayner or LDU imo.

You don't think we would call his name IF he is to last to our first pick? Would have thought its a given considering he is exactly the sort of player we need
IF? Seriously. Come on now.

IF? Seriously. Come on now.

You mean like Daniel Rich who slipped to 7 all those years ago? like Hugh McCluggage who slipped to three last year? after they were all tipped to go higher all year?

Come on now. It does happen. May be clutching at straws with it but it is not totally inconceivable for it to happen.

You mean like Daniel Rich who slipped to 7 all those years ago? like Hugh McCluggage who slipped to three last year? after they were all tipped to go higher all year?

Come on now. It does happen. May be clutching at straws with it but it is not totally inconceivable for it to happen.
Comparing Rich sliding to 7 to LDU to 8 in their respective drafts is a joke as is McCluggage last year. Both of those had great top 10 picks.

Maybe like Brodie and Bowes "slipped" to picks 9 & 10 last year, as all the Sandy Dragons moved in to the top 10 on the back of their TAC cup championship.

Comparing Rich sliding to 7 to LDU to 8 in their respective drafts is a joke as is McCluggage last year. Both of those had great top 10 picks.

How about Grundy? I thought he was a clear top 3 pick and he slipped, sometimes strange things happen. Still shocked to this day that Collingwood who needed a ruck, getting one of the best looking jnr rucks I've seen.

How about Grundy? I thought he was a clear top 3 pick and he slipped, sometimes strange things happen. Still shocked to this day that Collingwood who needed a ruck, getting one of the best looking jnr rucks I've seen.
That was on the cards. When's the last time a ruckman went top 3? Kreuzer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back