Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll pencil Tim Kelly to be off the board before Essendon's Pick 48.

Hard to tell who could be there - maybe Brayden Ainsworth?. Cassidy Parish might be there at Pick 85 or rookie - Pick 48 in a bit of no-mans land. Could Worpel get there? Wouldn't be the silliest suggestion, but more unlikely than likely. Not too many other names that jump out at me from my board of players that I'd draft. About 80 or so players there.
Really? Damn, didn't realise he was that highly rated. I have us taking Cassidy at 67. Could Willie Walker slip to 48? Would much prefer him to Worpel
Kelly probably won’t get past West Coasts Pick 26 (if he’s not taken before). I’d prefer to take him with 32 but Carlton are apparently pretty keen.

Didn't realise he was that highly rated out west.

Really? Damn, didn't realise he was that highly rated. I have us taking Cassidy at 67. Could Willie Walker slip to 48? Would much prefer him to Worpel

Didn't realise he was that highly rated out west.
I was hoping we could take him with our 3rd a few weeks back but talk is that the blues might nab him at pick 30, so I hope we use 26 on him.

Bishop What can you tell me about Nathan Kreuger? Where do you expect him to go? Seems a utility but in your opinion what position is he best suited? Do you see him being a KPF at all?

Probably somewhere 25+ - he's a really hard one to judge, just like Toby Wooller who are about 2nd-3rd tall height. Kreuger moves very well and is very athletic, so can play anywhere on the ground. Tall/small & through midfield.

Best position is probably up forward for me - his U18 game for SA v Vic Metro this year was super. Think he ends up a 2nd tall - but he moves very well for a "tall"

Speaking of WAFL lads, anyone think Liam Ryan might get a gig and if so, what pick he might be rated around?

Yep think WCE will take him with one of their Picks in the 30s-40s etc. Improved his endurance this year which was a major factor. You can't run a 10.1 beep!

Just think, last year you could have taken Parfitt instead of Ridley, Atley or Drew instead of Begley, and Graham instead of Mutch. ;)
Parfitt, a small forward? Begley and Mutch are tracking towards being inside mids anyway.

Probably somewhere 25+ - he's a really hard one to judge, just like Toby Wooller who are about 2nd-3rd tall height. Kreuger moves very well and is very athletic, so can play anywhere on the ground. Tall/small & through midfield.

Best position is probably up forward for me - his U18 game for SA v Vic Metro this year was super. Think he ends up a 2nd tall - but he moves very well for a "tall"

Yep think WCE will take him with one of their Picks in the 30s-40s etc. Improved his endurance this year which was a major factor. You can't run a 10.1 beep!

I wouldn't be upset if Carlton went for him at 30

Love your work each year Bishop. I think your power rankings are the best by some margin atm. Coffield is 10+ on many other phantom drafters boards and its lunacy. Outside of the top 4, clearly the player at a high level with a huge ceiling. Anyway keep up the good work. Ps, any idea who the blues might be interested in @10?

Parfitt's a midfielder. Mutch won't even be much of a VFL inside mid. Begley maybe.
Mutch was pretty handy on the inside this year. He'll be a player, don't you worry. As will Clarke and Begley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Bishop heard rumours throughout the year that SOS was keen on Constable, now after acquiring a second first rounder I no longer think it's a reach at #10. Do you think he'll be around that mark and if so do you think the Blues would take him? Cheers

Hey Bishop heard rumours throughout the year that SOS was keen on Constable, now after acquiring a second first rounder I no longer think it's a reach at #10. Do you think he'll be around that mark and if so do you think the Blues would take him? Cheers

Pretty confident he'll be there at Pick 10. I think they might take him - but depends what happens with their Pick 3? Could they grab Darcy Fogarty? Aiden Bonar may be available at 10 - but I doubt it.

Hi Bishop do you think either Krueger or Petty might be worth a go at 25?

Maybe a touch early for both. But I wouldn't be completely against it. I reckon they take Noah Balta in the 20s.

Bishop, do me and every Freo supporter a favour and do not put Naughton in at 5. We dont need KPD's.

I don't think it's that factor - but just because Freo have "ok-average" KPD if Naughton is a top 10 talent you'd expect him to end up a better player than what they have now. The go-home factor and the fact that you have a player in your own backyard makes it a good chance.

From speaking to people, I wouldn't fully rule it out - would i have expected them to take him at 5 before they didn't have Pick 2 (I'd say no) - but the fact that they could go a mid/WA tall - you can't rule it out.

Think there's two Vic mids who they like more that will be there at 2-5.

Bishop, do me and every Freo supporter a favour and do not put Naughton in at 5. We dont need KPD's.

It is not a massive reach picking Naughton there.
In saying that, having a combination of LDU/Dow and a Brayshaw/Cerra.... That could set up your midfield for a long period of time.

Pretty confident he'll be there at Pick 10. I think they might take him - but depends what happens with their Pick 3? Could they grab Darcy Fogarty? Aiden Bonar may be available at 10 - but I doubt it.

Maybe a touch early for both. But I wouldn't be completely against it. I reckon they take Noah Balta in the 20s.

I don't think it's that factor - but just because Freo have "ok-average" KPD if Naughton is a top 10 talent you'd expect him to end up a better player than what they have now. The go-home factor and the fact that you have a player in your own backyard makes it a good chance.

From speaking to people, I wouldn't fully rule it out - would i have expected them to take him at 5 before they didn't have Pick 2 (I'd say no) - but the fact that they could go a mid/WA tall - you can't rule it out.

Think there's two Vic mids who they like more that will be there at 2-5.
Its interesting you say before we had pick 2 but i dont see that making a difference. Just lost Weller who was marked to play midfield so doesnt 2 just take his spot? No difference in what we needed before hand. Still have terrible depth through there.

Personally, i am very happy with Hamling, Pearce and Logue. People come back from broken legs (see Fyfe and Barlow) and Pearce was tracking brilliantly beforehand. Johnson is there as the back-up and there is always Cox who was taken as a defender anyway put played fwd due to necessity.

Of course if you have insider knowledge then thats something different

Remove this Banner Ad

Back