Black Caviar vs Frankel Timeform race

Remove this Banner Ad

No surprises there, I mean, they had to make Frankel win. Not only are they a British rating company, if they had decided that Black Caviar would win, it would completely contradict and discredit the ratings that they have published.

What was surprising was how close they thought the race would be, I would of thought they'd make Frankel getting a tough but definitive win. I think during their analysis they realised that over that particular distance, he's odds weren't good but he has to win, so they made it close. When you look at the virtual sectionals they posted there for Frankel and the ones he posted during the Sussex Stakes, you realise that over that distance, he'd be in a lot of trouble against Black Caviar. The sectionals that Black Caviar has posted, even taking into account that they were over a shorter distance, were not only faster than Frankel's, but by a huge margin. All she has to do is hang on for a slightly longer distance, and from what we've seen, she should be able to easily.

I'd thus favour Black Caviar strongly over 1400m. Anything over 1600m -which in reality would be the distance they'd race at-, I'd have to go with Frankel based on the fact that we know he can dominate the mile, but haven't seen Black Caviar try that distance. Though, we never know, she could be even better over 1600m, but it's just speculation at this point.

I agree with you on the debate about sectionals. BC always runs quick sectionals and if Frankel ran those sectionals against her he would lose. 1 other thing i noticed is that in every 1 of Frankels races ive seen, he has been under the stick and ridden out every time. She only has been ridden out twice. TJ smith which she was amazing in reeling in Hay List, and the other was the Lightning when they ran those ridiculous sectionals. She still runs quick sectionals and floggs them while not being pushed

However, the effort of being made to run so fast furlong after furlong in the middle of a 1400m race would take its toll on Black Caviar, and though Frankel would himself be slowing by the line, it wouldn't be as much as she is, because of his superior stamina.
How have they figured the limit of BC's stamina? Frankel has tremendous speed but I'm fairly sure we saw him paddling and nearly run down in the St. James Palace Stakes when he was booted along with 3f to go, as was in the virtual race. Despite this, they have him somehow kicking back and beating her in the final furlong. Yeah, not for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back