Black Caviar

Remove this Banner Ad

Before today i thought she was an absolute superstar and a champion. After today i am just blown away, she has gone into a league of her own. I have never seen such a brilliant horse anywhere in the world. Silent Witness is the best sprinter i had seen and she is better

I concur.

I was watching yesterday's race thinking "Hay List seems to be sticking with her pretty well", but they just started dropping off her before she even appeared to be accelerating. :confused: She's just on another plane to these horses.

We are extremely lucky to have seen two horses of the calibre of Black Caviar and So You Think in the one season.

Will be decades before the planets align and we get superstars like these two again.

It was as if Black Caviar had shown no contempt for her opposition and destroyed them. Hay List's owners must now probably regretting entering Hay List in the Lightning Stakes, had they known what Black Caviar was going to do.

Not sure it would be that easy.

Takeover Target didn't tend to win by big margins, but he was bloody hard to get past.

Yeah excatly he was a fighter. No doubt horses like Miss Andretti and Black Caviar are more talented sprinters than TT, but gee he had to win carrying 60 odd kg's around and he kept on fighting.

I wouldnt say Miss Andretti was more talanted than TT. He was brilliant and had a crook leg. But BC is the most brilliant horse i have ever seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see all the people jump on this horses band wagon now, your a couple of years too late.

The most scary thing about yesterday is that she wasn't even close to fully race fit and Hay List was almost prime, I can only dream that a handicap race gives her enough of a challenge to smash a record or 2.

Could not belive the ease of her win.
She's the best iVE seen by a fair way on yesterdays freakish win.

I just watched the replay again a few times, still blows me away.

That's a clip we're going to see quite a few times over the coming years.

The thing that is most amazing is that, in Hay lists previous races, he has had the other horses off the bit 400m out trying to stick with him. On the weekend, Black Caviar had him hard ridden 400m out trying to stay with her. Simply amazing she could do that to such a good horse, and lets face it, hay list is a very good horse, 12 from 15. if she wasnt around he would be the best sprinter in the country

March 12 - Newmarket . :thumbsdown:

Moody isn't an idiot, he will already be giving up 3.5kg to Hay List from saturdays run.

BC is 122 to HL 115, that means at this stage BC will carry 58kg to HL 56.5kg, if she went and slaughtered them in the oakliegh plate she would probably be given at least 2-3 in the ratings so it would be something like BC 58kg vs HL 55kg.

He may not be in her class but if you take 5 kg off his back last saturday she wouldn't have been able to ease up 100 from home. Moody will continue to select out his races perfectly for this mare, he is going about creating a legend and doing it well.

*EDIT* Class fields nominated for the races saturday anyways.

St George Stakes field includes: Linton, Moudre, Shocking, Faint Perfume, Precedence, Heart of Dreams, Ginga Dude, Alcopop

Whobegotyou is back for the futurity without Tracy and SYT to beat him should finally win another group 1, has More Joyous & Maluckyday to make things interesting for him.

The Oakleigh Plate looks to be a cracker of a field, all bar Hay List dodged BC last week hoping she wouldn't run this week and their dreams have come true.

Then of course there is the blue diamond to watch, plenty of good races to go see this weekend.

It was as if Black Caviar had shown no contempt for her opposition and destroyed them. Hay List's owners must now probably regretting entering Hay List in the Lightning Stakes, had they known what Black Caviar was going to do.

You really expect a horse to show respect for its rivals?

All they want to do is get the midget off their back, eat some apples and have a drink or two.

I just happened to be out with the folks today at the shops and my dad said "lets go and watch Black Caviar." We went over to the 5th Quarter Bar (adelaide people will know it) and watched.

Now i don't often go to these places to watch a race but when she took off with about 400 to go and was just blitzing near the end, people started clapping.

You know it's a special horse when it's paying $1.10 and people aren't making huge gains off of it and yet they still clap when it does the business. History happened today. Was great to see it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back