Black Caviar

Remove this Banner Ad

350k isn't anything to sneeze at, especially since it brought more exposure to the brand and allowed them to rub shoulders with the Queen and other high flyers. They same will happen this year (minus the Queen maybe).

It's a lie that they are only racing her for the love of racing, the primary goal in keeping her going is money and her opening doors that otherwise would remain shut to them without her. I'd be doing the same thing, its good business.

Mate she has won 25/25 and already won at Ascot, her continuing to race from now on has nothing to do with the money imo. Her brand cannot increase anymore than it already is and the prize money of $300k for a trip to the other side of the world is nothing in the scheme of things. Its actually quite insulting to say that the owners are only racing her on for the money and to say anyone is naive for thinking otherwise is ridiculous when you dont even know the owners

You've completely ignored that they have attached her name to products on a number of platforms whose sales will suffer when she retires, why would they do that if it wasn't about the money? A bloke called Stephen Silk managers the commercial side of Black Caviar for them. And as I said while the major reason is money, the doors that she opens fro them is also an incentive, being the toast of Royal Ascot, meeting the Queen and other high flyers ect.

I'm finished though, prefer not to clog up the thread anymore.

Times adjusted for track speed and weight carried. Lightning was on a much quicker track.

How do you actually come up with that though? Not that i dont believe it, its just after running a track record im not sure how you can say thats 3L inferior to a race over a different distance.

How do you actually come up with that though? Not that i dont believe it, its just after running a track record im not sure how you can say thats 3L inferior to a race over a different distance.

You compare all times to a par time for that track/distance/raceclass, come up with a track variant, adjust the times for that variant, compare those times to that par time again, get a figure +/- in seconds, convert it to lengths.

You compare all times to a par time for that track/distance/raceclass, come up with a track variant, adjust the times for that variant, compare those times to that par time again, get a figure +/- in seconds, convert it to lengths.

How did your rating for the T.J.Smith compare with her best?

How did she rate for the TJ?

I don't think the TJ will rate that highly, the last 600 was fairly standard. Not that it wasn't great to watch, just not blisteringly fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back