Black Diamond AFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any of the bulldogs out there got any news from the kennel? Seems very quuet there atm.
Also any news from Don Small oval - numbers? Coach?

Very quiet around the traps, most if not all clubs return to official training this week (Warners last nite!) so surely they have coach confirmed?

There used to be a lot of Doggies on here, but not so much now, maybe they been told to not post, (Deitzy gone, Queensland i think?) be good if they got someone from outside the area (if not a good quality insider).

Wyong start training tomoz, as most clubs do that havent already, still think it is Lonny as coach but not sure, as for numbers a few of the older guys not going round again, a couple playing in the two's, a gun going to Sydney now apparently and some with 'girlfriend' issues lol!!! No 'ins' yet so probably expect more of the same!

Early 1st grade table prediction

City-cant see them getting weaker with prob only more 'ins'
Cardiff-regardless of season win/loss always have the others coverered in finals
Warners-if no major ins or outs
Terr-maybe swap with War if they can cover the 'big' out
KV-need their juniors to hang around and step up
here's where it gets less likely
Singo-they had a decent step up year,like their coach,got a young gun back,trying to head in the right direction
Dockers-they would be hopeing to finish at least here,pref higher!!now have conections with employ agency,the Dockers,and have coaches from higher levels. Understand they need the cattle so hope they can entice players with these things!
Wyong-dont want to put them this low,but compared to the others around them I cant see them improving at a faster pace,good ppl involved but rely on too few (on and off field)
Nelsons-cant see them avoiding the spoon(would love them to prove me wrong,but just didnt dominate like singo did)they need their best to hang around and hope to pick up a couple of good players

Anyways thats my thoughts I wonder at season's end if Id be a millionaire or broke!!

Wouldn't be from Newcastle based clubs you'd think. Not at div 4 anyway.

I'd doubt many first graders from the coast would go for the same reason.

Time will tell though

Agreed, there would be a greater incentive if they happen to move up through the divisions down here. That being said, it's a great opportunity to rebuild their club from almost scratch, potential for another grade and 18s again, or just consolidate their efforts in Sydney.

On another topic, trials, what date does BDAFL start? Keen to head up there.

Agreed, there would be a greater incentive if they happen to move up through the divisions down here. That being said, it's a great opportunity to rebuild their club from almost scratch, potential for another grade and 18s again, or just consolidate their efforts in Sydney.

On another topic, trials, what date does BDAFL start? Keen to head up there.

Agree pekay, they will build from scratch and see where that takes them,be it working their way up the grades,adding a 2nd team/and 18's or heading back to the coast.
As iv said its got ppl curious and if successful would think others may follow!

31st march is round 1, are your boys interested in a poss trial game?
I know the last couple of years the coast teams have had to find away games as they normally cant use their field!!

Agree pekay, they will build from scratch and see where that takes them,be it working their way up the grades,adding a 2nd team/and 18's or heading back to the coast.
As iv said its got ppl curious and if successful would think others may follow!

31st march is round 1, are your boys interested in a poss trial game?
I know the last couple of years the coast teams have had to find away games as they normally cant use their field!!

Which club are you involved with noodles? One of our old boys is coaching the magoos at KV, has been in contact, but we tend to travel light in pre season with most of our boys playing cricket up until mid March, so we'd only have a squad of 30-40, possibly more with our new 18s. Grounds down here are hard to come by, but we could find one easily enough close by.

Good to see the league have updated their website from 22 December

Without checking Im assuming thats sarcasm!! lol.
They did appoint someone I think and then they quit!!? so again no GM.

Sydney afl already have a full draw ready to go and distributed to all clubs!!
KV had a good turn up at their 1st training run I hear,and Wyong with around half that,altho alot of the boys are still involved with cricket so both numbers prob grow.

Which club are you involved with noodles? One of our old boys is coaching the magoos at KV, has been in contact, but we tend to travel light in pre season with most of our boys playing cricket up until mid March, so we'd only have a squad of 30-40, possibly more with our new 18s. Grounds down here are hard to come by, but we could find one easily enough close by.

Haha Im glad I got on here 1st!! Pekay- Iv had a long association with our local comp (involving many clubs!!) depending on the year(availability to train)etc, and whether that club is still active!!

Havent confirmed for the year,as I have another little noodles on the way(number 3),umpired last year(terrible at it) so just hopeing to play at this stage!!

Il pm you when I have it sorted(within the week) and look at grounds available and we'll go from there

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Black Diamond AFL - 2011
Hey guys not much happening on here ATM, just thought I give a little update on kv. We had our first training run of the new year on tues night and had a great turn out with 42 turning up. A shite load better then previous years. We had about 5 new players on the night I think only one of them has played afl previously, it's great to get new guys down and play this great game. Hopefully we can keep those sort of numbers up till seasons start. So we'll see how many we get down tonight.

Early 1st grade table prediction

City-cant see them getting weaker with prob only more 'ins'
Cardiff-regardless of season win/loss always have the others coverered in finals
Warners-if no major ins or outs
Terr-maybe swap with War if they can cover the 'big' out
KV-need their juniors to hang around and step up
here's where it gets less likely
Singo-they had a decent step up year,like their coach,got a young gun back,trying to head in the right direction
Dockers-they would be hopeing to finish at least here,pref higher!!now have conections with employ agency,the Dockers,and have coaches from higher levels. Understand they need the cattle so hope they can entice players with these things!
Wyong-dont want to put them this low,but compared to the others around them I cant see them improving at a faster pace,good ppl involved but rely on too few (on and off field)
Nelsons-cant see them avoiding the spoon(would love them to prove me wrong,but just didnt dominate like singo did)they need their best to hang around and hope to pick up a couple of good players

Anyways thats my thoughts I wonder at season's end if Id be a millionaire or broke!!

New City coach
Same Cardiff coach
Not sure about Hawkins
NB have lost their coach

what trail games are on - where, when?

Anyone know much about the new City coach? Have heard rumors about players who may be leaving clubs but nothing about anything coming in. Then again I guess clubs keep the cards close to the chest this time of year. For what it's worth I think only boredom will stop City from taking the flag again. Not sure what the other sides will put together but good to see clubs who have been out of the 4 for a while having a crack at improving.

Heath Russell is going to be a huge loss for the Bay. Fantastic bloke, player and clubperson and would have done a real good job with a young group. Hopefully the Marlins can find a replacement.

Anyone know much about the new City coach? Have heard rumors about players who may be leaving clubs but nothing about anything coming in. Then again I guess clubs keep the cards close to the chest this time of year. For what it's worth I think only boredom will stop City from taking the flag again. Not sure what the other sides will put together but good to see clubs who have been out of the 4 for a while having a crack at improving.

Heath Russell is going to be a huge loss for the Bay. Fantastic bloke, player and clubperson and would have done a real good job with a young group. Hopefully the Marlins can find a replacement.

Is the new City coach 1 of the wafl boys somebody mentioned earlier?
Agree,can see only City stopping City from winning,alto Cardiff were almost as dominant and eventually fell!!

Is he moving out of the area (was from canberra) or personal reasons,as it would be a big blow! Hope they get more ppl on board or it could be a long year!!

So we have nw gone a month with no update on the League website.

Not good.

Is there anybody out there?

They will pick up a gun from the RAAF, may have been training already but Snowy is a class footballer. Won the league medal on his ear playing for us, and is proven at Premier Division level as well.

Jay lewis and James Webster are at Redland Bombers in QLD, Scott Reed looks like he'll be at Sydney Hills Eagles

Interesting to note in the hard copy version of the Newcastle Herald yesterday that the BDAFL are looking at entering an u23 development team in Premier Division next year, and are playing a number of trial games against Premier Div opposition in the coming weeks starting with the Balmain Dockers on March 17.

What do people think about this?

Seems as though it will be similar to the hunter 18s team that used to play...me personally, I think it's a good option...but whether the players are keen is a different story! And what will the costs be? Will clubs have to pay throughout the year for this team to play or not??

Interesting to note in the hard copy version of the Newcastle Herald yesterday that the BDAFL are looking at entering an u23 development team in Premier Division next year, and are playing a number of trial games against Premier Div opposition in the coming weeks starting with the Balmain Dockers on March 17.

What do people think about this?

Devil is in the details of such a move - take your 22 best players out of the 18-23 age group and what is the affect on the local comp, will it rob the better teams of players or will some quota be put in place, very expensive and clubs cannot afford another levy, sponsors are hard to find for this sort of cash, past attempts to enter the SFL have not lasted due to drain on resources,
Not being a pessimist but we need to have our own backyard in good order before attempting the improbable - a 3 year plan would be the best outcome of any such thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back