Black Diamond AFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Deitzy, mate I would love to have a better understanding of how it all works at board level(hell I used to always be in Granlands ears back in the day!!) but altho it prob looks like I have the time(being on here alot) its really just between shifts, realistically with my work and seemingly forever expanding family!!!! I just dont want to commit to anything if i cant give it my full attention!

I also dont want to be a person thats on here or at club level bagging the ppl running it and then sitting on my backside(altho im quite happy for any of better ideas to be 'borrowed' if ppl think they might be worth a shot!) so for the time being big footy it is!!

I also believe that I would be a person that probably leans too far towards optimism,so agree with above comment that you dont want to jump in too early(then have a s**t fight on your hands mid season if you lose a few players) But as you say the bigger test(even if 80-90 on books) is the off-field stuff!!

In regards to this I know most clubs rely on far too few but im hoping that if they do commit 3(or even 2 teams in Wyong/Nelson case) that ppl will be put in place to do these roles(hell look at soccer 12 to 14 open age grades) and you are left to fend for yourselves with coach/manager/ref etc so while hard not immpossible!
I also think the draw can be done to help the clubs by not splitting them when they dont need to be(know draw is tough but the more clubs with 3 teams it prob should get easier to keep them together)

Exact reasons why Cardiff will not field a third open age team ... unrealistic, and unfair to the league and the comp when things fall apart mid/late season

Focus on the U17 comp and working out how to fill the void between 17's and open age footy for these kids in 2014 ...

I know it is a much debated topic so interested in thoughts ...

Hey Rizza, Cardiff are a well run club and obviously have been very successful in the bdafl,and this is why it seems a little strange/very optimistic that Dockers(no disrespect to any ppl on here alligned with them) that they are nominating 3 teams!!!

I believe some of the Coast clubs are trying to 'hog the market' to possibly stop new/returning senior clubs but cant see what advantage Dockers would get by putting in 3?

Hey Rizza, Cardiff are a well run club and obviously have been very successful in the bdafl,and this is why it seems a little strange/very optimistic that Dockers(no disrespect to any ppl on here alligned with them) that they are nominating 3 teams!!!

I believe some of the Coast clubs are trying to 'hog the market' to possibly stop new/returning senior clubs but cant see what advantage Dockers would get by putting in 3?

I think a number of clubs who had a reasonable quota of U18 players in the last couple of years are now faced with the problem of where these kids go to play footy ... the best will obviously push into Premier and Div 1 but that still leaves a group in Div2 hence the need for the second teams (Nelson Bay - maybe Wyong and Maitland for other reasons) or third teams (KV, Panthers, Dogs, LM, etc). Most third team nominations do coincide with clubs with successful U18 in recent years excepting LM.

I guess the ideal situation would be for 7 Premier teams, Div1 - 8, and Div2 - 8 (with Div 2 being reduced numbers to 16 to ensure that clubs are not put under too much pressure to preserve that team ... I do agree that it needs to become a social comp more than an ultra competitive comp ... maybe relax some of the rules (i.e. scrap boundary throw ins and make it like the NAB cup and Masters - last man touches the ball before it goes out concedes the free - if ion doubt ball it up). We need some innovation to keep the comp fresh and successful. Not forgetting we iwll have a large intake of U17 kids in 2014 that we need to prepare the comp to receive.

Welcome back Gaz!! Some stability to the role!! Hopefully sorts out where the comp is heading with clubs/teams etc
Great stuff that Garry isn't lost to the game. He will certainly leave no stone unturned to get things on the up. As he will tell you yourselves, you won't agree with everything he does, but will do everything in the interest of the region and game. I have noticed some complaints here in the past about websites not being updated and results being slow. That will change, I bet !

Good luck to all clubs for 2013.

Great stuff that Garry isn't lost to the game. He will certainly leave no stone unturned to get things on the up. As he will tell you yourselves, you won't agree with everything he does, but will do everything in the interest of the region and game. I have noticed some complaints here in the past about websites not being updated and results being slow. That will change, I bet !

Good luck to all clubs for 2013.

Yeah he will sort out alot of ppl that seem to have difficulties with their requirements (web results etc) already noticed some updated links to club websites!! (altho the Maitland one redirects to another club in saints clolours!!! lol)

Good luck to all for 2013 (and merry christmas)

hi all football speculators,

just the inside word on wyong- we will push to stay in 1st division and we will also look to put in a 2nd division.
we have had a 4 week pre-Christmas training program with steady numbers. looking forward to another progressive season.

hope everyone has a good break over the X-mas-new years period.

hi all football speculators,

just the inside word on wyong- we will push to stay in 1st division and we will also look to put in a 2nd division.
we have had a 4 week pre-Christmas training program with steady numbers. looking forward to another progressive season.

hope everyone has a good break over the X-mas-new years period.

Welcome to the dark side mitch!! lol

Good to see that Garry is going to be prepared to roll up the sleeves and put in the hard yards to get the comp on track. Stability is the key to that role and whilst the GM should be there to work for the board, he will be a key player in rebuilding the league off field after a few years of turmoil off field. He certainly brings a level head, a good footy brain, and has plenty of experience in running a much tougher league than the BDAFL.

Great to read that the previous boards dreams of sending a side to Sydney will be put to bed as well. It is a time to make the league as strong as possible, not ship the best players off to Sydney in a rep side. The good kids will always leave the region and when you see the standard of the comp compared to others around Australia, the best kids will always leave the BDAFL to play better footy. You will only ever lose 3 or 4 players a year for that reason, not the 40 you would need to field a weekly side in the Sydney comp that not alot of blokes would be keen on.

Hopefully a strong board will be put in place for Garry to support, but with his appointment, it will surely make nominating for the board a much more attractive proposition, and you would hope some quality people apply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see that Garry is going to be prepared to roll up the sleeves and put in the hard yards to get the comp on track. Stability is the key to that role and whilst the GM should be there to work for the board, he will be a key player in rebuilding the league off field after a few years of turmoil off field. He certainly brings a level head, a good footy brain, and has plenty of experience in running a much tougher league than the BDAFL.
Every year that he organised the Sydney AFL finals, he had to drag along his son and daughter to help manage the victory dais and the medals and premiership cups, etc.
It would be nice if he could get some help from outside his own family next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back