Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to discuss a topic.

Ok then happy to discuss. You (I think) are questioning my use of the word backtracked. Implying that I was using it incorrectly? I would have thought it was the right use of the word to describe someone's behaviour when they are called out for writing/ posting irresponsible dribble and have to 'clarrify' what they really meant. In this case her clarification from my (minimal) reading was that it was just a suggestion some white people might want to consider if they wanted to help the cause. Fair enough I guess, but unfortunately she will have to live with that steaming pile of crap for the rest of her professional life and have to explain it away frequently.
Now you say (again I think because it isn't overly clear) that her backtracking was that it was just her attempt to start a conversation? Are you happy with that? Would you let someone (perhaps one of the myriad of alt right devils) off the hook who wrote a ten point article straight up saying... Tell black people to get a job, Tell black people to buy their own houses, tell black people to blah blah blah? Just starting a conversation in that case Chief? Or would that be more along the lines of racist hate filled propaganda?

Charlene Helm an organiser in Louisville nearly broke the internet back in 2017 when she penned a list of 'sugestions' for white people:

Caused quite a stir and she backtracked somewhat saying it was just an idea that some white people want to consider. But it does give you an insight into the mentality at play here.

Cheers, literally the first reference I've seen linking an actual organiser to some of the more extreme demands. And yeah some whacky stuff in there for sure, along with 1 or 2 that are more reasonable (1 and 10).

But I'd also note that this chick is a local organiser (Louisville), and would definitely classify her as one of the more extreme proponents - in addition to the points themselves, just the language she uses doesn't seem to indicate a whole lot of rationality and calm reasoning ("... and Other lil’ dick-white men"). How much buy-in re: these ideas is there at the top level? Is stuff like those demands appearing on their website or other official channels?

I think one of the problems with BLM is the de-centralised structure. Not sure how one becomes a local leader but seems like anyone is free to throw their hat in the ring, which obviously leaves it susceptible to lunatics running the asylum.

Last edited:
We've been told by the woke cult that BLM are peaceful law abiding citizens who only want truth and justice for all. We now know the end game is a reparations handout of about $10-$12 Trillion dollars.

If the Democrats win the election in November, they must sign that cheque or else be called out as racists.

Well I think I can give you one less thing to worry about as you check under your bed for 'teh left' and tuck yourself in tonight - the fantasy scenario that you paint here has precisely 0 chance of happening no matter who is in power.

Why is it every single one of you RWNJ's has an alt-account or alias?

I don’t identify with either side. I just sympathise with the American people who have had enough of this s**t and try and put myself in their shoes if it were happening in my neighbourhood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...p/news-story/401704486404d82c5abb5c9424bf6175

No protests, rallies, marches, or anything for this police shooting? Weird, I wonder why...
Indeed - people with mental health issues are also unfairly targeted by cops, more likely to be poor, have addictions and so on.

It is a tangential but different issue to the en-masse targeting of people based on the colour of their skin.

It will be interesting to see if the investigation results in charges or discipline.

Indeed - people with mental health issues are also unfairly targeted by cops, more likely to be poor, have addictions, and so on.

It is a tangential but different issue to the en-masse targeting of people based on the colour of their skin.
"En-masse" just isn't correct when there are so many shootings in America every single day and white cop on black victim isn't the main portion of these, or even close to it

Like the last idiot (something Blake?) the NBA were protesting for, has somehow raised over $2M in a gofundme yet he's a rapist and had a knife in his hands. This isn't a good person being shot regardless of skin colour yet there's more outrage for him being shot than this autistic kid (solely because of skin colour). It's just so backwards claiming racism for blacks being shot that people prefer to protest shitty black people being shot than good/innocent white (or all the innocent people shot in cities like Chicago every day) people? Neither should be shot but how on earth is one inciting so much more hate than the other, and in some high profile cases the black victim did significantly more to 'warrant' (said in quotes as very little warrants it but you know what I mean) being shot to begin with.

"En-masse" just isn't correct when there are so many shootings in America every single day and white cop on black victim isn't the main portion of these, or even close to it

No, but unarmed black victims are disproportionately shot and killed by Police at much greater rates than unarmed white victims.

Which is a consequence of the systemic racial inequality that the BLM stands in opposition to.

I will just ignore your first paragraph of apologist bullshit and move on to the reparations discussion....
So who gets the reparations? Anyone who can claim a family link to slavery? Anyone who can prove black ancestery in any form? Who gets it? Who misses out? Do multi millionaire sports stars and celebrities get it too? What about the doctors, lawyers, police officers, teachers, tradesmen, nurses ,business owners and any other person with black ancestery who is making a go of it like their fellow Americans? Or does it just go to those who haven't managed to climb out of poverty for various reasons? What if I have more white than black ancestery, do I still get it too if I choose to identify that way?

Talk about a can of worms.....
It will go to the "movement", if they ever get it. No sensible government would cave in to this blackmail, "pay us or we'll burn down your cities", which are in fact OUR cities, if you're an American. BLM have already raised millions, none of which has been used to help the black community, other than with marches and placards.

No, but unarmed black victims are disproportionately shot and killed by Police at much greater rates than unarmed white victims.

Which is a consequence of the systemic racial inequality that the BLM stands in opposition to.

Racial inequality or the fact that their hatred of the police results in them refusing to cooperate? Not saying it’s right how trigger happy they are but if you’re complying how can they shoot you unprovoked and walk out of court a free man?
Why is it that black men constantly resist rather than just complying? What’s the worst that can happen to you if you don’t resist?

Those people are the movement lol. Thats it at its core. It's not about changing things, it's not about black lives (or else they'd focus on black-on-black crime), it's about violence, anarchy and anti-capitalism.

Yep, it's pretty obvious. If ever there was an organisation that is inappropriately named, it's BLM. They couldn't give a stuff about black lives. In these shootings, all people get to hear for days on end is "white cop shoots defenseless black man". Then, piece by piece that facts begin to surface, and it becomes clear there was far more to the story than initially reported.

People who can't see why a cop would shoot to kill are not appreciating the dangers and life threatening situations they find themselves in. They sometimes have a split second to consider their course of action, and if they genuinely feel their lives are in danger, they have the right to defend themselves. It would be nice to gather ALL the facts before saying, "Oh no, black man shot by white cop" and start wrecking and torching buildings. It suits the BLM narrative for people to believe that.

I don't know many of us have actually had a gun pointed at them or a knife thrust under the nose by someone filled with anger and the potential to harm. It's amazing how your adrenalin starts pumping and the need to protect yourself at any cost becomes necessary. I really don't think we should be as tough on the police as we are.

Just one final word on BLM. I saw footage last night of two elderly woman sitting there, minding their own business and trying to enjoy their lunch when a group of "tough strong fearless BLM warriors" began harassing then, screaming at them, etc, and the women were terrified. Then one of them, a massive fat black woman (with an even bigger mouth than stomach) walks up to their table and begins consuming their lunch.

The women were terrified. Not a cop in sight, and if there were, they're not allowed to do anything to protect those elderly women. Now, if that's the kind of world people think should exist, then we have bigger problems than I thought. I really do not understand why people should have to put up with that.

Yeah dunno about. Its a popular claim to throw around, I'm yet to see it attributed to BLM leaders or organisers though. Always seems to be video of some random mob on twitter.

When you have a movement this widespread and autonomous its not like everyone's gonna be on the same playbook, obviously some of the more extreme proponents are gonna run their own race. That latest restaurant video is a good example - not even that mob seemed to be acting in unison, ie. you can clearly see and hear one of them yelling "No don't throw sh*t what are you doing". The wisdom of targeting random restaurants and people and shutting them down in the first place can certainly be questioned, but again - yet to see any official statement from BLM encouraging people to do things like that.

Likewise the "give us your homes" one from a few weeks back. Taking those people as representative of BLM aims is akin to taking the disheveled bloke on the street wearing a sandwich board ranting about the end of days as representative of official church statements imo.

There would be a certain amount of truth in what you say, but if that's the case, why aren't BLM denouncing these people? I think we all know why.

Racial inequality or the fact that their hatred of the police results in them refusing to cooperate? Not saying it’s right how trigger happy they are but if you’re complying how can they shoot you unprovoked and walk out of court a free man?
That's the question that underpins the BLM movement - the regularity of that occurrence.

Yep, it's pretty obvious. If ever there was an organisation that is inappropriately named, it's BLM. They couldn't give a stuff about black lives. In these shootings, all people get to hear for days on end is "white cop shoots defenseless black man". Then, piece by piece that facts begin to surface, and it becomes clear there was far more to the story than initially reported.

People who can't see why a cop would shoot to kill are not appreciating the dangers and life threatening situations they find themselves in. They sometimes have a split second to consider their course of action, and if they genuinely feel their lives are in danger, they have the right to defend themselves. It would be nice to gather ALL the facts before saying, "Oh no, black man shot by white cop" and start wrecking and torching buildings. It suits the BLM narrative for people to believe that.

I don't know many of us have actually had a gun pointed at them or a knife thrust under the nose by someone filled with anger and the potential to harm. It's amazing how your adrenalin starts pumping and the need to protect yourself at any cost becomes necessary. I really don't think we should be as tough on the police as we are.

Just one final word on BLM. I saw footage last night of two elderly woman sitting there, minding their own business and trying to enjoy their lunch when a group of "tough strong fearless BLM warriors" began harassing then, screaming at them, etc, and the women were terrified. Then one of them, a massive fat black woman (with an even bigger mouth than stomach) walks up to their table and begins consuming their lunch.

The women were terrified. Not a cop in sight, and if there were, they're not allowed to do anything to protect those elderly women. Now, if that's the kind of world people think should exist, then we have bigger problems than I thought. I really do not understand why people should have to put up with that.
Black and hispanic = 30% of the US population
White = 63% of the US population

Approaching the same number of police killings this year. 203 to 242.

Per capita that's about 2.5 times the rate.

If these numbers were reversed there would be SCREAMS of HORROR from some people. The out of control leftist police departments would be gutted and rebuilt with Good Conservative Folk.

That's just the killings.

Look at wealth distribution. Look at life expectancy. Health outcomes.

The aim of people like Trump is to set people against each other, when the real enemy is people like Trump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back