Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is an interesting perspective on the notion of "taking a knee". This act before games has become commonplace, especially in the UK and US, but has lost a lot of its power. Yet teams and individuals are routinely branded as racist if they don't elect to kneel and in keeping with expectations. Ferdinand is a man I admire and he appears to me to make a lot of sense on this issue.

Ferdinand stance on taking a knee.JPG

www.bbc.com/sport/football/54237179

Last edited:

Here is an interesting perspective on the notion of "taking a knee". This act before games has become commonplace, especially in the UK and US, but has lost a lot of its power. Yet teams and individuals are routinely branded as racist if they don't elect to kneel and in keeping with expectations. Ferdinand is a man I admire and he appears to me to make a lot of sense on this issue.

View attachment 967451

www.bbc.com/sport/football/54237179

Well obviously. 'Taking the knee' will achieve nothing at all unless there is a shift off the field towards more responsible and less violent policework. Of course sometimes violence is the end result and criminals of course do not usually operate under rules of conduct but depending on the situation it doesn't always have to be this way.

Taking the knee is a visual thing to raise awareness and to show solidarity with an ideal. The political will to actually swing changes - that's got to come from elsewhere.

I don’t eat a lot of cheese but would happily help them out if they sell in Australia. Just like with the colonial beer. Not a bad brew mind you.

I wouldn't shop at any store that misuse's apostrophe's in thi's way.

Also I give up on people who post on social media then cry when the left pounces on them. Just keep quiet.

Or should that be pounce's? :think:

So people with beliefs that don't align with the left should just keep quiet? TBH most do because of this kind of thing. You think that's a good thing? To only have the views of one side of a debate aired publicly?

So people with beliefs that don't align with the left should just keep quiet? TBH most do because of this kind of thing. You think that's a good thing? To only have the views of one side of a debate aired publicly?
Certainly not, but it's the way things seem to work if you don't want to be ruined, vilified, destroyed by the cancel culture of the woke progressive left. Online shaming, character assassination, for uttering an opinion. There's a reason that 62% of voters in the US are afraid to share their political views in public polls.

I hope this company gets customer support the way the Goya food company in NY did, after the owner was set upon for daring to speak in favour of Trump.

Certainly not, but it's the way things seem to work if you don't want to be ruined, vilified, destroyed by the cancel culture of the woke progressive left. Online shaming, character assassination, for uttering an opinion. There's a reason that 62% of voters in the US are afraid to share their political views in public polls.

I hope this company gets customer support the way the Goya food company in NY did, after the owner was set upon for daring to speak in favour of Trump.

It seems you are a bit confused

1600826416424.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, just if you don't want political backlash, don't get political

It's why Jordan did his bit for so long.

It goes both ways btw. If you want to sell to the right, don't say s**t that will piss the right off. Otherwise, accept the consequences as they may be

No, just if you don't want political backlash, don't get political

It's why Jordan did his bit for so long.

It goes both ways btw. If you want to sell to the right, don't say sh*t that will piss the right off. Otherwise, accept the consequences as they may be
Speaking out against murder and thuggery is political?

So you want to cancel "cancel culture"?

That's a bit woke.

Speaking out against murder and thuggery is political?

Yes, because some people disagree with you.

Just because you may be right about an issue doesn't mean people are forced to continue buying your product or service.

People make their own purchasing decisions for their own rational or irrational reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back