Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Verdun (you stuffed up your quote) As am I. And as stated before, he was there to protect the community from rioting and looting BLM and Antifa members. Crime has exploded in liberal cities across America in the last 6 months due to anti-police agendas and weak liberal mayors and a lack of law and order.

Important to remember that Antifa are 'anti-fascists' in name only. They are absolutely fascist in the way they act, by oppressing opposing views with the use of violence.

Verdun (you stuffed up your quote) As am I. And as stated before, he was there to protect the community from rioting and looting BLM and Antifa members. Crime has exploded in liberal cities across America in the last 6 months due to anti-police agendas and weak liberal mayors and a lack of law and order.

Important to remember that Antifa are 'anti-fascists' in name only. They are absolutely fascist in the way they act, by oppressing opposing views with the use of violence.
Goodness.

Goodness.
'As of Sunday, there was a 33.2% increase in the number of murders compared to the same time last year, according to city crime statistics.

The number of shooting victims has also jumped 102%, which Herrmann says is even more telling.'

This is NYC, but similar increases have been seen around the US in other liberal cities too. Sad to see NYC go back to the dogs after it was cleaned up by Rudy.

Meanwhile this black male was arrested for attempted murder after shooting and seriously injuring someone, and then released on the same day without bail.
Didn't Joe and Kamala lock up all the black people??

Ye, nah...You need to takeyour blinkers off.
Nah there's no bias at all, just look at the evenness of newspaper endorsements in elections...

Even the NY governer criticised the way that the media reports on Trump.

This is NYC, but similar increases have been seen around the US in other liberal cities too. Sad to see NYC go back to the dogs after it was cleaned up by Rudy.

Zero tolerance is what cleaned up NYC back in the 90s... The scum got locked up or moved on.

Dem politicians now trying to appease anti-police progressives who are all too young to know what NYC was like in the 70s and 80s..

...or perhaps living in a crime ridden s**t hole is edgy and cool.

Zero tolerance is what cleaned up NYC back in the 90s... The scum got locked up or moved on.

Dem politicians now trying to appease anti-police progressives who are all too young to know what NYC was like in the 70s and 80s..

...or perhaps living in a crime ridden sh*t hole is edgy and cool.
Cities that have been Dem controlled for decades are the biggest shitholes in America. St Louis, Detroit, Chicago etc. If Dems truly believed that black lives matter then they'd actually try to clean up crime in these areas which affect mostly black people.

Democrats are more interested in using black people as political pawns so they can control the way they vote, and sadly this tactic works. It wins over white liberals too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey Goodson Jr, another black man murdered by US police. Mother of Black man killed by Ohio deputy: "My son was murdered in cold blood" - CBS News So another poor soul shot dead, on his door step after a dental appointment. Keys in one hand, subway sandwich in the other, for some reason the deputy thought he was waving a gun and shot him 3 times. Goodson had no warrants. And he was not the target of any U.S. Marshals operations, according to Peter Tobin, head of the Marshals’ Southern District of Ohio. If you don't understand the horror of this, you are lost.

Casey Goodson Jr, another black man murdered by US police. Mother of Black man killed by Ohio deputy: "My son was murdered in cold blood" - CBS News So another poor soul shot dead, on his door step after a dental appointment. Keys in one hand, subway sandwich in the other, for some reason the deputy thought he was waving a gun and shot him 3 times. Goodson had no warrants. And he was not the target of any U.S. Marshals operations, according to Peter Tobin, head of the Marshals’ Southern District of Ohio. If you don't understand the horror of this, you are lost.
Sounds bad, but why were the police on his doorstep? Wrong address?

...or perhaps living in a crime ridden sh*t hole is edgy and cool.

So, not really. Why people think it did is because the entire country suffered a bit of a crime wave leading into the widespread use of Zero Tolerance in NY, and when the trend reversed people credited Zero Tolerance policing.

What Zero Tolerance produces is a lot of criminals to put in prison, so many that it becomes financially unviable for the governments in question, not without significant funding cuts elsewhere or tax rises to pay for it all. And then you've got the hardening effects of sending first time offenders to prison in the first place; in general, they go in normal people, and come out harder and having had to do what it takes to survive in a prison environment, which leads them to commit more crimes and go back to prison again. So, realistically, what Zero Tolerance policies produce is criminals, at an escalating rate.

Ask yourself, why does it keep falling out of vogue if it works?

He was probably some sort of criminal or at least looked like one.
I would say the police were probably on the lookout for anyone looking like they might be vaguely black.

Who's theory holds more water?

I think mine.

I would say the police were probably on the lookout for anyone looking like they might be vaguely black.

Who's theory holds more water?

I think mine.
It doesn't really matter how much water your bucket holds, if the leaks in it mean it empties at the same rate.

The guy (Goodson) was holding a feed and using his keys to open the door when he was shot "in the torso" (ie not the chest so obviously the back) by a cop whose lawyer claimed a week later that the guy had a gun in his hand.

Either that or he (the cop) had so much coke he couldn't see properly or he thought he'd get away with shooting someone who was black in the back despite the current US climate.

He was probably some sort of criminal or at least looked like one.
Can you post an example of what a criminal looks like?

I don’t think we are.

There is a well documented structural bias in US policing against black people. They are over policed, more likely to be charged, more likely to be convicted than diverted from the justice system and more likely to be jailed for the same crimes.

I imagine most police in the US will see white people and frame them differently to black people, ie they don't immediately start thinking there is a high likelihood this person is a criminal. (Except maybe in poor rural area with high unemployment. In Seppo Housoland. Cos the cops are troops in a class war too.)

Its probably not just cops tho.

I dunno if I posted this image in this thread yet or not but even if I have its worth repeating.

media-framing-101.jpg

Often people try to tell me there is nothing inherently racist about this and that it certainly isn't an example of the propagation of structural racism and they get quite adamant about it. What do you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back