Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

So when people point out that over policing is the primary reason that black people have more encounters with police you don't listen?

Overpolicing appears to be the result of individuals with intrinsic bias and systemic biases within the criminal justice system. Often the reason black people have more encounters with police is that police choose these encounters.

Its why more black people are stopped for traffic checks during daylight when their colour is visible than at night when the ratios of traffic stops are often even and the drivers race isn't easy to determine. For example.

There is whole truckload of evidence here to support over policing as the reason black people have more encounters with cops than white people. There are links to dozens and dozens of studies.

For those of you that question the idea of implicit bias here is a study that shows white police are 60% more likely to use force and 100% more likely to use gun force than black police are. However while they both use force at similar rates in white communities in black communities, white police are five times more likely to use their firearm in black communities than black police.

etc etc

White cops using firearms in black communities is an unclear category. What would qualify as a community of that nature, and are the guns being fired, or fired against minorities?

There's all just kinda stats that show things, often hear about how black police are more likely to shoot black perpetrators. The big one is that black people have a much higher homicide rate. There's not much confusion about that.

lead to election of people like Trump

Dems trying to win on the gender card and running Hilary Clinton, one of the most hated and despicable people in the US is what elected Trump.

Still a lot of Trump obsession on here. What are you guys gonna do when he's gone but all these issues still remain?

Andre Hill was an unarmed black man who was not a suspect in a crime, and in fact was a guest at his friends house when he was murdered by police - you can watch it here Andre Hill case: Friend told police he was just dropping off 'Christmas money' when he was shot, new body camera footage shows - CNN The police officer did not have his bodycam turned on (or turned it off) however there is a 60 second buffer which recorded the killing. I can't see this as anything other than murder.
He just walked up to him, shot him and then started ordering him to put his hands out?

What a campaigner. And he turned the camera off beforehand.

Ohio has the death penalty doesn't it? This prick needs it.

Dems trying to win on the gender card and running Hilary Clinton, one of the most hated and despicable people in the US is what elected Trump.

Still a lot of Trump obsession on here. What are you guys gonna do when he's gone but all these issues still remain?

Yep you do seem obsessed by Trump.

The power of memes, conflating partially-related and sometimes opposing situations via imagery. Handwritten signs.

Written like chalk on a blackboard, for children.
Teacher tapping her cane on the blackboard... "remember this, kids. It'll be in the exam".

Wars will be started by and fought over internet memes. Not even in the near-future either, try next Sunday A.D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wars will be started by and fought over internet memes. Not even in the near-future either, try next Sunday A.D
The internet is a vehicle for the meme, not the meme itself. But yes, a particularly powerful, fast and malleable vehicle.

There are significant differences in the outward expression of the protests of May 2020 and January 2021. Enough to judge that political commentary of the two should not be conflated without situational comparisons, and yet here we are. A supposedly "respected" poster on this forum doing just that.

Using that particular picture as an example, I was looking at the presentation. No analysis, no actual comparison of events or situation, just two situations sans context fused together, handwritten on cardboard backgrounds for "effect", in order to support and propagate an abstract viewpoint for which no direct or uncontestable evidence exists.

By the children, for the children.

Last edited:
Using that particular picture as an example, I was looking at the presentation. No analysis, no actual comparison of events or situation, just two situations sans context fused together, handwritten on cardboard backgrounds for "effect", in order to support and propagate an abstract viewpoint for which no direct or uncontestable evidence exists.
It assumes the reader has a bit of background knowledge.

Those two quotes represent the attitude of T towards almost wholly peaceful BLM protests based on real grievances and inequality, and the violent insurrection based on grifter lies.

As I said, it is begging the question that naming schools after certain figures is even valid in the first place. It's just nationalist brainwashing.

yeah but MLK day and black "history" month are ok right?

How is naming a school after certain figures anywhere near on the same level as "welcome to country" ceremonies for example. Woke brainwashing on a par with the 1936 olympics.

How is naming a school after certain figures anywhere near on the same level as "welcome to country" ceremonies for example. Woke brainwashing on a par with the 1936 olympics.
Well, that just streeted the competition for January's Stupidest Post of the Month

Naming an event vs naming a permanent structure where you send kids 5 days a week?

However could anyone differentiate the two?

Naming an event vs naming a permanent structure where you send kids 5 days a week?

However could anyone differentiate the two?
How is that "Mofra's Orgy Participants BigFooty Server" running these days, anyway?

It assumes the reader has a bit of background knowledge.
Yes, it does. It requires situational awareness, too, and an understanding of humanity. Shame about that.
Those two quotes represent the attitude of T towards almost wholly peaceful BLM protests based on real grievances and inequality, and the violent insurrection based on grifter lies.
Do they?
Trump has never struck me as being either eloquent, nor versed in history. He's not a very likeable man, in my opinion. The origin of that particular quote - "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" can be traced back to the 1960's as far as I'm aware, but I'm also aware of how memes can evolve - or devolve, as the case may be - over time. Chinese whispers, in the hands of ignorant politicians and random internet commentators.

There is a significant difference between both political and public responses to insurrection, when that insurrection causes damage to either public or private property.

If that insurrection involves the Capitol Building, it's easy for the uninvolved to stand back, take the high-minded approach, and make comparisons based on idealism rather than empathy. It isn't your house. It isn't your business. It isn't even your country.
But when that same person, in the case of someone who actually lives in the USA in the midst of protests where it is not necessarily public property, but a private business, perhaps even homes, or even your family car, the situation becomes far less clear.
The man who might toss out a random "like" in favour of that meme above on ideological grounds, might be exactly the same man who sees a mob burning businesses and homes, takes out the family shotgun, and faces down that mob, growling "Get the f'ck off my lawn."
When the looting starts, the shooting starts. And oh, look. There's some self-important guy in Australia, on a forum, wrapping his hands around another internet meme. White guy with a shotgun.

All of this might have been apparent, if you'd actually read the full transcript of the interview in which the Trump "when the looting starts" comment originated, and was retweeted a hundred thousand times - in 280 characters or less. And if you had an actual understanding (as opposed to knowledge of) current events in the USA, which subsumes empathy.

But my guess would be that you have not. Have you.
Now, would you like to talk about Charlottesville, in particular, or are you just going to throw out another incendiary comment about "right wingers" to engender forum traffic?
Go on, son. Be a part of the problem.

Last edited:
Trump has never struck me as being either eloquent, nor versed in history.
The words represent his attitude. I don’t know which are specifically original. But those are his words and they sum up his attitude on the two events.

The rest I’ll read later, but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet.

Last edited:
A good thread about Jacob Blake - the man who was shot in the back several times by police, sparking the riots/protests in Kenosha late last year.

Recent article from the ABC:

The police who were called to the scene had been told there was a felony arrest warrant against Mr Blake for domestic abuse and sexual assault, Mr Graveley said.

The officers attempted to detain Mr Blake and stop him with a taser multiple times, but Mr Blake withstood the use of force to avoid arrest, he added.

The knife was not clearly visible in the video, which also began after the previous attempts to arrest Mr Blake, Mr Graveley said.

Maybe it wouldn't make a difference, but I can't help but think that if we could collectively adopt the mindset of "Let's wait for more info" when these incidents happen, there'd be so many people saved from further violence, arrest, damage to property etc. But that won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back