Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Revised history by the woke. Cook had more gumption in his little finger than the entire community of Bigfooty. In the kind of life he led, a few bad things were bound to happen.
At the risk of self Godwining so did Hitler using that logic, you gotta admire a man who tried to unite Europe even he did a few bad things along the way.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Of course but that doesn't mean that treating a piece of scum like George Floyd a some sort of hero makes sense.

He was a victim of a shocking crime but otherwise seemingly a terrible person. But celebrating and promoting victimhood is the ambition of the church of wokeism.

Maybe they could have done a statue of him with a knife to a pregnant woman's stomach?

I'm not a man of faith at all but here's an honest question - do you believe people can change? Do you believe that people can actually turn their lives around for the better after hitting rock bottom? Take a look at this;

...Floyd had a criminal history of his own and served a few stints behind bars for drug possession and armed robbery. But he had turned his life around. In fact, he was a model example of what it means to be rehabilitated.

According to the Houston Chronicle, he moved to Minneapolis in 2018 to leave behind his history in Houston for a new life — a fresh start — after having worked in ministry for nearly a decade in his hometown. He needed to find a job.

But during his time in Texas, Floyd was a force for good. He led a basketball outreach in the Third Ward, according to The Stream, and helped Resurrection Houston, an up-and-coming church at the time, secure space on a basketball court in the notoriously rough area for worship services.

In an undated, now-viral video*, Floyd pleaded with young men in the next generation to put down their guns and stop the violence.

“Our young generation is clearly lost, man,” said Floyd. “I don’t even know what to say. … It’s clearly the generation after us, man, that’s so lost.”

To the young men who go out, thinking they’re tough for carrying a gun, Floyd added: “Come on home, man. One day, it’s gonna be you and God. You’re goin’ up or you’re goin’ down, you know what I’m sayin’? That’s gonna be it. … My heart hurts.”

*Here's a link to that video;

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not a man of faith at all but here's an honest question - do you believe people can change? Do you believe that people can actually turn their lives around for the better after hitting rock bottom? Take a look at this;

*Here's a link to that video;

At the time of his death he was high on drugs and the cops were called because he was using counterfeit money.

No doubt it was a shocking crime and i am glad the cop has been locked up for a long time.

It is a tragedy for his family but to pretend Floyd was any sort of upstanding citizen is nonsense. And are you trying to give him credit for being christian and talking about gun violence? Firstly a white person making videos talking about faith would be mocked mercilessly by the very same idiots who think Flloyd deserves a statue. Yet for black person to be christian is meritorious? How bizarre.

And secondly, gun violence is up massively in big US cities precisely because of Flloyd's death. Cops have backed off policing because they're being smashed by the BLM mob (defund the police!) and the end result is literally hundreds more gang murders. That's an even bigger tragedy.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
At the time of his death he was high on drugs and the cops were called because he was using counterfeit money.

No doubt it was a shocking crime and i am glad the cop has been locked up for a long time.

It is a tragedy for his family but to pretend Floyd was any sort of upstanding citizen is nonsense. And are you trying to give him credit for being christian and talking about gun violence? Firstly a white person making videos talking about faith would be mocked mercilessly by the very same idiots who think Flloyd deserves a statue. Yet for black person to be christian is meritorious? How bizarre.

And secondly, gun violence is up massively in big US cities precisely because of Flloyd's death. Cops have backed off policing because they're being smashed by the BLM mob (defund the police!) and the end result is literally hundreds more gang murders. That's an even bigger tragedy.

As I said I'm not a man of faith. I posted that because it appeared he had given up his former life of crime and tried to turn it around. He chose to do that through religious intermediaries (my guess is he found religion through prison outreach programs or maybe while he was still 'inside'). For what it's worth I don't think he deserved a statue. If he were my brother I wouldn't want a statue of him put up either. What I'd want is meaningful reform.

On the counterfeit money - do we know he passed it knowingly? Someone else may have given him that twenty and he might have paid with it being none the wiser.

On gang violence - yeah, it's a diabolical situation over there. It points to massive problems, generational problems, within poorer communities that require a more in-depth approach to solve than a simple 'lock them up or shoot them' approach. And yeah, I realise that even a tolerant stance taken by police is only going to solve part of the problem - when will all lives matter across gang lines?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
This video is everything that's wrong with our political discourse nowadays. Complete with a childish or clickbait title intended to appeal to partisan viewers.

Or you can watch this interview on Black News Tonight, with two people respectfully disagreeing but both able to present their arguments.

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
not sure on what is what, but i know bullshit when i see it, christ almighty .......

its about as entertaining as this ...

In fairness to the reporter. He had a mob of peaceful protesters behind him, ready to peacefully kick his arse, if he said the wrong thing.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
The racist Murdoch press is now attacking Indigenous senator Lidia Thorpe daily.

Sky News host Paul Murray says he “cannot wait” for Alice Springs Deputy Mayor Jacinta Price to go “verbally toe to toe” with Greens Senator Lidia Thorpe in the senate.

The remarks come after Jacinta Price unseated Senator Sam McMahon as the Country Liberal Party’s top Senate candidate in the Northern Territory.

“Now Lidia Thorpe, I cannot wait, you don’t know how excited we are Jacinta but we are very excited to see you verbally toe to toe with the show pony that is Lidia Thorpe.”

The racist Murdoch press is now attacking Indigenous senator Lidia Thorpe daily.

Sky News host Paul Murray says he “cannot wait” for Alice Springs Deputy Mayor Jacinta Price to go “verbally toe to toe” with Greens Senator Lidia Thorpe in the senate.

The remarks come after Jacinta Price unseated Senator Sam McMahon as the Country Liberal Party’s top Senate candidate in the Northern Territory.

“Now Lidia Thorpe, I cannot wait, you don’t know how excited we are Jacinta but we are very excited to see you verbally toe to toe with the show pony that is Lidia Thorpe.”
A bit OTT by PM but not racist. If Price was white that’s different but in any case Thorpe is a piece of work.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
A bit OTT by PM but not racist. If Price was white that’s different but in any case Thorpe is a piece of work.
You're a piece of work and calling her that is misogynistic and racist.
I've met her and she has been fighting for Indigenous rights since day dot.
You're swallowed the Murdoch BS and sided with the one right wing Indigenous person in the country who denigrates her own people for personal monetary gain.
Lift your game mate.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As

Screenshot_20210616-203807~2.png

Some criticism of Thorpe's behaviour is certainly valid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-203807.png
    Screenshot_20210616-203807.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 28

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
That mistake doesn't give people the right to call her a 'piece of work', she's a lifelong Indigenous rights activist doing the best she can with limited resources.

View attachment 1172431
Why do these indigenous activist types always appear whiter than my pasty British accountant?

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Why do these indigenous activist types always appear whiter than my pasty British accountant?
On one hand, you're well known to be a bit of a troll, so if you're in that mode this is me biting.

On the other, you're not unfeeling, not really, so let me ask you this. Does it make you at all uncomfortable to be questioning someone's aboriginality in light of the fact that the Australian government attempted to breed it out of indigenous Australians? To obscure their heritage to the point in which finding records which trace your parentage is impossible in some cases?

Are you sure you're completely fine with calling someone Aboriginal white, when our government actively made her that way?

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
On one hand, you're well known to be a bit of a troll, so if you're in that mode this is me biting.

On the other, you're not unfeeling, not really, so let me ask you this. Does it make you at all uncomfortable to be questioning someone's aboriginality in light of the fact that the Australian government attempted to breed it out of indigenous Australians? To obscure their heritage to the point in which finding records which trace your parentage is impossible in some cases?

Are you sure you're completely fine with calling someone Aboriginal white, when our government actively made her that way?
Mate, have you ever visited a rural Aussie town? Actual indigenous people cringe at whites people raised in privileged city households speaking on “their behalf” in front of a flag trademarked in the 70s that supposedly represents an 80k odd old culture. Educate yourself!

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
You mean like a fully functioning brain?

Any debate would see her chewed up and spat out.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Sorry she's not a lawyer or economist.
With people in parliament like Pauline Hanson, George Christionsion, Craig Kelly, Scott Morrison (salesman), Barnaby Joyce,Bob Katter ect ,Lidia comes off good.
I'm not sure why not knowing if a representative is Indigenous or not is a reflection on anyone's intelligence, more poor research.
I'd be careful questioning the intellectual ability of an Indigenous women, seems a bit like a trope.

Tell us why you think Lidia Thorpe is 'a piece of work'.
You know nothing about her. You're a bit of a sheep.
I’ve seen her in action attacking someone for being ‘white’, when they were actually black 🤣

Arrogant @#$&

This is nice

Not even liked by ‘her own’ people

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ve seen her in action attacking someone for being ‘white’, when they were actually black 🤣

Arrogant @#$&

She's a principled street fighter for her people so get used to it.
She's entitled to be be angry with all the black deaths in custody, stolen generations, massacres and genocide, no treaty and contstant racism.
She has to interact with trash like Pauline Hanson in parliament and put up with the liberal/nat perverts in parliament, so don't be so flippant.

She's a principled street fighter for her people so get used to it.
She's entitled to be be angry with all the black deaths in custody, stolen generations, massacres and genocide, no treaty and contstant racism.
She has to interact with trash like Pauline Hanson in parliament and put up with the liberal/nat perverts in parliament, so don't be so flippant.
Shame ‘her’ people don’t see her that way. She is divisive not conciliatory.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry she's not a lawyer or economist.
With people in parliament like Pauline Hanson, George Christionsion, Craig Kelly, Scott Morrison (salesman), Barnaby Joyce,Bob Katter ect ,Lidia comes off good.
I'm not sure why not knowing if a representative is Indigenous or not is a reflection on anyone's intelligence, more poor research.
I'd be careful questioning the intellectual ability of an Indigenous women, seems a bit like a trope.

Funny thing is all the people you have mentioned above were actually voted into parliament not shoe horned in to fill a seat..

As for questioning her intelligence well if she can’t research anything before shooting her mouth off then her intelligence is in question and thats even before you can question the fact she is a sell out and a hypocrite for being a senator anyway after her previous statements.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back