Politics Black Lives Matter

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
What do you make of this case? It looks like an obvious case of racial prejudice by a couple of trigger happy militants, yet as an Australian I am also aware of people like Christopher Lane and that Aussie yoga teacher who were shot by people of colour in America under similar circumstances, and they are likely not alone in that.

I feel that we could possibly overlook the gun culture or police brutality aspect of this because of the involvement of race.

Last edited:

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
1589277363249.png

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
I'm always concerned about the media running with a story that framed properly will be a click though gold mine.

This could be 100% race related in a crazy southern armed to the gills redneck killing.

Some footage is coming out immediately prior to the shooting that Arbery is not exactly a jogger on a quiet run and that the rednecks might not be on a casual drive to randomly lynch a black man.

I think more is going to be looked at from the perspective of

- Can unlawful entrance of a dwelling be considered a felony and can that warrant a citizen's arrest. The first 911 call mentions the surveillance footage catching him casing the place multiple times in the recent weeks. I know articles are mentioning that it's a construction site but come on - this place is almost finished and anybody who has built a house or managed a building site would know how common tools and equipment go missing.
- Can you make a citizen's arrest on the basis of 3rd party eye witness, the father and son being alerted by the actual witness that is.
- Can you make a citizen's arrest with a long gun/shotgun in your hands.
- If the person you are trying to perform a citizen's arrest on attempts to grab the gun, charge through you etc would that warrant stand your ground, self defence etc.
- Is it self defence to physically confront a car/person in the right hand lane holding a gun. What is the action that escalates the situation?
- Is it common for a couple of rednecks out trying to lynch somebody call 911 immediately before?

Lots of questions and I'm going to wait for some more information before making judgement.

Azdrubal

Debutant
Jun 11, 2008
WA
I'm always concerned about the media running with a story that framed properly will be a click though gold mine.

This could be 100% race related in a crazy southern armed to the gills redneck killing.

Some footage is coming out immediately prior to the shooting that Arbery is not exactly a jogger on a quiet run and that the rednecks might not be on a casual drive to randomly lynch a black man.

I think more is going to be looked at from the perspective of

- Can unlawful entrance of a dwelling be considered a felony and can that warrant a citizen's arrest. The first 911 call mentions the surveillance footage catching him casing the place multiple times in the recent weeks. I know articles are mentioning that it's a construction site but come on - this place is almost finished and anybody who has built a house or managed a building site would know how common tools and equipment go missing.
- Can you make a citizen's arrest on the basis of 3rd party eye witness, the father and son being alerted by the actual witness that is.
- Can you make a citizen's arrest with a long gun/shotgun in your hands.
- If the person you are trying to perform a citizen's arrest on attempts to grab the gun, charge through you etc would that warrant stand your ground, self defence etc.
- Is it self defence to physically confront a car/person in the right hand lane holding a gun. What is the action that escalates the situation?
- Is it common for a couple of rednecks out trying to lynch somebody call 911 immediately before?

Lots of questions and I'm going to wait for some more information before making judgement.

Azdrubal

Debutant
Jun 11, 2008
WA
Oh, you’re going to wait for “some more information“ are you ... “before making judgement“?
You already did! Get in the bin!

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
George Floyd incident probably falls under this thread as well. Some people I think automatically assume something is racism just because it's a white cop and black perpetrator.

I'm not saying it's not racism, but I think people jump to conclusions, primarily based on optics. This police officer has a long track record against all types of people.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
not sure on what is what, but i know bullshit when i see it, christ almighty .......

its about as entertaining as this ...

View attachment 883573

Learn the English language. He's saying that the majority are not unruly but some are spoiling it for others by lighting fires.

FMD RWNJ's will do anything to complain. Literally the whiniest people around.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
lol, what a fairy land you live in, their burning down buildings, seriously- you need to seek help - fast
So they're not lighting fires? I'm not sure what you are getting at by highlighting the lighting fires part. I acknowledge that some morons are out there lighting fires and endangering lives.

How about you actually use the English language to explain what you mean properly. As he stated there are protesters out there being civil and then there are the few taking advantage of this situation to enact mayhem. That is what he said, maybe it wasn't in plain enough English for you to understand.

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
So they're not lighting fires? I'm not sure what you are getting at by highlighting the lighting fires part. I acknowledge that some morons are out there lighting fires and endangering lives.

How about you actually use the English language to explain what you mean properly. As he stated there are protesters out there being civil and then there are the few taking advantage of this situation to enact mayhem. That is what he said, maybe it wasn't in plain enough English for you to understand.

that's very succinct of you to acknowledge that the thugs and mobs are lighting fires, you are proving to be a master investigator, they are the same thugs and mobs burning down the buildings with those fires

FFS :rolleyes:

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
that's very succinct of you to acknowledge that the thugs and mobs are lighting fires, you are proving to be a master investigator, they are the same thugs and mobs burning down the buildings with those fires

FFS :rolleyes:
I get it, English is not your first language then. I notice you have done nothing to rebut my point about it and the fact that the MSNBC reporter is saying that most are normal people, but there are some lunatic fringe people out there lighting fires. All you are doing is deliberately spreading misinformation by someone who told everyone to buy guns and ammo. Quality.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
not sure on what is what, but i know bullshit when i see it, christ almighty .......

its about as entertaining as this ...

View attachment 883573

Very funny, but in fairness I think he's saying that overall everyone is fairly laid back, as evidenced by the people just strolling by in the background. He mentioned some exceptions, such as the fires.

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
I get it, English is not your first language then. I notice you have done nothing to rebut my point about it and the fact that the MSNBC reporter is saying that most are normal people, but there are some lunatic fringe people out there lighting fires. All you are doing is deliberately spreading misinformation by someone who told everyone to buy guns and ammo. Quality.

what don't you understand, they are not just lighting fires at the beach sitting around and toasting marshmallows they are burning down the city, burning buildings

Les Malone

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Very funny, but in fairness I think he's saying that overall everyone is fairly laid back, as evidenced by the people just strolling by in the background. He mentioned some exceptions, such as the fires.

that's what happens when you are either not scared of authority for doing what you re doing or all the hate and anger has already been burnt out

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh, the murder of Floyd was definitely, definitely racist. The residents of Minneapolis have every right to help themselves to free s**t because Floyd was murdered. Black Lives Matter = Free s**t for everyone! The best way to ensure justice for Floyd is to help yourself to free s**t.

Nothing communicates the fact that you're against racism more than the fact/action of helping yourself to free s**t.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Is everybody ready for a (possible) twist in this tale?

George Floyd, fired officer overlapped security shifts at south Minneapolis club

Ana Lastra and Eric Rasmussen
Updated: May 28, 2020 06:21 PM
Created: May 28, 2020 04:20 PM

A former club owner in south Minneapolis says the now-fired police officer and the black man who died in his custody this week both worked security for her club up to the end of last year.

George Floyd and now-former Officer Derek Chauvin both worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club on Lake Street, according to Maya Santamaria. Santamaria owned the building for nearly two decades, but sold the venue within the last few months.

"Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open," Santamaria said. "They were working together at the same time, it's just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside."

5 INVESTIGATES has reached out to Chauvin's attorney and the Minneapolis Police Department, but they could not be reached for comment at the time this story was published.

Although the two overlapped working security on popular music nights within the last year, Santamaria can not say for certain they knew each other because there were often a couple dozen security guards, including off-duty officers.

Santamaria says she did not recognize either one of her security guards in the video showing Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck not far from where they used to work.

"My friend sent me (the video) and said this is your guy who used to work for you and I said, 'It's not him.' And then they did the closeup and that's when I said, 'Oh my God, that's him,'" Santamaria said. "I didn't recognize George as one of our security guys because he looked really different lying there like that..."

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
Again, complete lack of understanding of the language. School obviously didn't work out for you.

Give him a break, after all day defending Trump and trying to convince people of all this being 'just a flu' ,he is a bit exhausted.

Back