Politics Black Lives Matter

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Absolutely disgusting, but geez from the initial posts here I would have thought a few hundred were at the hospital chanting "hope they die". Looked/sounded like about 5 people from that video.

Not sure where people are getting the idea that they're BLM either, the guy identifies himself as part of some sort of 'coalition', I couldn't make out the full name.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I mentioned this incident in the Police thread.

An arrest in which a man appears to have his head stomped by a Victoria Police officer, and which was caught on camera, has been referred to Professional Standards Command.​
Police were called to Cooper Street in Epping in Melbourne’s north about 4.10pm on Sunday to reports of a man behaving erratically, according to a police spokeswoman.​
“Upon arrival the male allegedly became aggressive and damaged a police vehicle whilst attempting to avoid arrest,” she said.​
The police spokeswoman described the incident as “highly dynamic” and said that a police officer was assaulted and capsicum spray used on the man before he was arrested and taken to hospital for assessment.​
Bystander footage captured from a nearby car shows six officers surrounding a man who is face down on the ground.​
When the man attempts to get up off the ground a male officer appears to stomp the back of the man’s head into the ground. All six officers then pin the man down while he is arrested.​

No doubt if this guy was 'a person of colour' the BLM supporters would be outraged and planning their next campaign for the police to be abolished. But perhaps such incidents are mostly not about race but more about some police officers being assholes, who will abuse their power when they can.

No doubt if this guy was 'a person of colour' the BLM supporters would be outraged and planning their next campaign for the police to be abolished. But perhaps such incidents are mostly not about race but more about some police officers being assholes, who will abuse their power when they can.
I'm waiting for you to organise your WLM Facebook page.

Can’t believe cops behave like this, especially when they are already under so much scrutiny.

Sometimes sacking everyone and starting again is needed when culture is rotten from top to bottom

Can’t believe cops behave like this, especially when they are already under so much scrutiny.

Sometimes sacking everyone and starting again is needed when culture is rotten from top to bottom
Defund the police?

Defund the police?

Let's remember this was a mental health call out. Essentially the officers involved were informed or should have been informed of what they were dealing with.

I would recommend health workers attend mental health call outs, rather than the police alone. So perhaps investing, rather than defunding is the solution.

Just one example in Bridgetown WA, where a guy ("Billy") with needs stole a steam roller and threatened to kill someone. The cop called the health care representative and explained "one of yours needs help and my uniform may not help things". The health worker went out and ask Billy what's going on, with Billy explaining he was going to kill someone.

The health worker asked him "why a steam roller, why not a digger or a front end loader". Billy thought about it for a while before the health worker asked him to come down before he hurt someone.

The issue was resolved by knowing how to ask the right questions. Sure force is required on occasions but it should not be the go to solution.

I assume family structure breakdown and socio economic stuff would lead to this failure. Having a victim mentality isnt the cure to that though.

When someone accuses victims of having a 'victim mentality', it's a very good indication that they neither care or have any idea about the issue.

Jafa

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 4, 2002
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subi
So - this guy has a history of stabbing people. Cops are called because he is threatening his family. He chases cops brandishing the knife. They shoot him dead.

Mostly peaceful protest.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I mentioned this incident in the Police thread.

An arrest in which a man appears to have his head stomped by a Victoria Police officer, and which was caught on camera, has been referred to Professional Standards Command.​
Police were called to Cooper Street in Epping in Melbourne’s north about 4.10pm on Sunday to reports of a man behaving erratically, according to a police spokeswoman.​
“Upon arrival the male allegedly became aggressive and damaged a police vehicle whilst attempting to avoid arrest,” she said.​
The police spokeswoman described the incident as “highly dynamic” and said that a police officer was assaulted and capsicum spray used on the man before he was arrested and taken to hospital for assessment.​
Bystander footage captured from a nearby car shows six officers surrounding a man who is face down on the ground.​
When the man attempts to get up off the ground a male officer appears to stomp the back of the man’s head into the ground. All six officers then pin the man down while he is arrested.​

Amazed at how little attention this seems to have been given in the media.

So - this guy has a history of stabbing people. Cops are called because he is threatening his family. He chases cops brandishing the knife. They shoot him dead.

Mostly peaceful protest.

This guy is on the streets despite the tough-on-crime rhetoric of the last... several generations.

JCHolmes

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
When someone accuses victims of having a 'victim mentality', it's a very good indication that they neither care or have any idea about the issue.

Its a complex mix of assemblages that has lead to this situation. It requires leadership, self respect, integrity and action. Not role playing as a victim and trashing communities even further. Il let people like you excuse it while i call it out.

Its a complex mix of assemblages that has lead to this situation. It requires leadership, self respect, integrity and action. Not role playing as a victim and trashing communities even further. Il let people like you excuse it while i call it out.
:rolleyes:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Amazed at how little attention this seems to have been given in the media.

The Age seems to have dropped it already.

A Senior Constable has been suspended for stamping on the head of mentally ill man, Timothy Atkins. I reckon there needs to be a couple more coppers stood down pending an investigation of the incident. The one who rammed the Atkins with a police car, and the one who dropped his knee into Atkins's head when he was flat on the ground.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Being 'black' is no longer about the colour of your skin, or your ancestry. It's about having the correct political views.
And it's founded in deeply ingrained possessive-racist undertones of the left who believe they know better than minorities as to what's best for them. Goes all the way back to Democrat slave ownership and anto-abolisionism. New era, different plantation.

And it's founded in deeply ingrained possessive-racist undertones of the left who believe they know better than minorities as to what's best for them. Goes all the way back to Democrat slave ownership and anto-abolisionism. New era, different plantation.
Oh god, do we have to explain the Solid South strategy and the civil rights era AGAIN??? How slow are you lot???

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Oh god, do we have to explain the Solid South strategy and the civil rights era AGAIN??? How slow are you lot???

More specific than a history lesson is Ben Wyatt & the use of race.

The online racism directed at WA Treasurer Ben Wyatt was "most disgusting" from left-wing supporters of Black Lives Matter protests, who accused him of being "not black enough".

Mr Wyatt, who is also the WA Labor government's Aboriginal Affairs. Mr Wyatt, who is also the WA Labor government's Aboriginal Affairs Minister, spoke in support of his cousin and federal Liberal minister Ken Wyatt, who detailed the abuse he received after urging protesters to stay home and not risk the health of the people they were marching to protect.

"I actually found, to be honest, the most disgusting comments that I got were associated with supporters of the Black Lives Matter rallies," he said. "No doubt about it, because there's an element of contempt around the identification that Ken and I have about being Aboriginal."

Last edited:

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Being 'black' is no longer about the colour of your skin, or your ancestry. It's about having the correct political views.

Democratic White House candidate Joe Biden is in damage limitation mode after saying African Americans "ain't black" if they even consider voting for President Donald Trump over him.

Its why they are so opposed to non state schools. Cant have people escaping poverty and then realising that the Dems have nothing to offer them.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

Democratic White House candidate Joe Biden is in damage limitation mode after saying African Americans "ain't black" if they even consider voting for President Donald Trump over him.

The London School of Economics notoriously reviewed Thomas Sowell's book Intellectuals and Society, including the following line

To him, slavery's cultural legacy means that it shouldn't be considered a moral problem, nor should amelioration be attempted: easy for a rich white man to say.​

Oops!

1600258473227.png

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is one witty cat.

“When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.”
― Thomas Sowell

“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.”
― Thomas Sowell

“Some of the biggest cases of mistaken identity are among intellectuals who have trouble remembering that they are not God.”
― Thomas Sowell

He is one witty cat.

“When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.”
― Thomas Sowell

“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.”
― Thomas Sowell

“Some of the biggest cases of mistaken identity are among intellectuals who have trouble remembering that they are not God.”
― Thomas Sowell

I had to google who Thomas was

great quotes!

Back