Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is "the left" in this sentence?
So you think the right is deep cover in those BLM protests waiting to attack the police and courts in order to frame the left.

Do you want me to be more specific and say far left or did you just put a tinfoil hat on?

So you think the right is deep cover in those BLM protests waiting to attack the police and courts in order to frame the left.

Do you want me to be more specific and say far left or did you just put a tinfoil hat on?

Race is not a left/right issue.

It's an issue for the far right, who seem to think everyone else is left.

Look at this nonsense tweeteed out by an educator in the US. Apparently "characteristics of white supremacy" include perfectionism, individualism, a sense of urgency and objectivity. Setting aside whether this is accurate or not, what are they suggesting as preferable alternatives to this "white supremacy"? No, we need a "culture of love" instead?

Isn't this actually deeply condescending to non-whites? Like, "you don't need to worry about perfectionism or a sense of urgency - those are just trappings of white supremacy". Surely those attitudes go hand in hand with hard work and achievement? Now they're perjoratives that indicate white supremacy? This is nuts.

Chief can you explain this to me? If this is the new Anti-Racism agenda, I don't get it at all.

I don’t know what it is or what the context is, and I don’t have some unique perspective on anti-racism anyway.

Yeah but what would we do without him?

Would have more time on his hands for Dungeons and Dragons in the basement rather than looking up an online thesaurus for the "big words".

The sort of 5 watt bulb that would tear down a statue of William Wilberforce at a BLM riot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Who said that?

The guy doing a smash and grab on an electronics store to steal a TV - is he doing that because he's part of "the left" or becomes he's an opportunistic criminal?

BLM is a distinct cause/movement with specific concerns about racial justice. And the looting that spun out of it is another step removed. To bundle all that up and say "look at what the left is doing", like it's a monolith with folks all on the same page, seems overly simplistic. These aren't people in elected office.

Last edited:
I don’t know what it is or what the context is, and I don’t have some unique perspective on anti-racism anyway.
What do you mean by "the context"?

It's a tweet from the Superintendent of Schools in Ann Arbor, Michigan, recapping a day of "equity learning"? What other context is there? It's a tweet. It's not a reply to anything. There's no context. That's how tweets work.

You might not have a unique perspective, but would you agree that it appears nuts?

Last edited:
No. Who said that?

The guy doing a smash and grab on an electronics store to steal a TV - is he doing that because he's part of "the left" or becomes he's an opportunistic criminal?

BLM is a distinct cause/movement with specific concerns about racial justice. And the looting that spun out of it is another step removed from that politically. To bundle all that up and say this is "the left", like it's a monolith that are all on the same page, seems overly simplistic. These aren't people in elected office.
I use "the left" because if I sat here and described every position on the left and right, I don't think I'd ever finish.

Rubbish like this certainly isn't imposed from the right.

Lincoln for god sake. And you object when I say that country is going insane.

When's the next protest in relation to BLM in Australian capital cities, or do we wait till something happens again in America?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Or something happens in the Australian context? Or are you one of those morons that believes that there is no Australian context and it’s all “American stuff taken up by Australians”?

No, but why wait until something happens elsewhere to protest etc. It loses any impact here.

You think people only protest when something happens in the US? Where did you get that idea? You didn’t see it on TV so it didn’t happen?

You think people only protest when something happens in the US? Where did you get that idea? You didn’t see it on TV so it didn’t happen?
Well the ones that don't make the media/TV and don't make an impact. And piggybacking off something in America has no impact.

Make the protest based on issues here and make it big enough to get media coverage and it'll have much more impact.

Well the ones that don't make the media/TV and don't make an impact. And piggybacking off something in America has no impact.

Make the protest based on issues here and make it big enough to get media coverage and it'll have much more impact.

News doesn’t care unless there is violence that they can use to portray black people as dangerous.

Now, what stops people in Australia leveraging the publicity given to US events? Why shouldn’t they use that spotlight to remind people about Dungay and others?

News doesn’t care unless there is violence that they can use to portray black people as dangerous.

Now, what stops people in Australia leveraging the publicity given to US events? Why shouldn’t they use that spotlight to remind people about Dungay and others?

Because it has no impact.....as shown by the BLM protests in Australia ......nothing has changed

Because it has no impact.....as shown by the BLM protests in Australia ......nothing has changed

And who’s fault might that be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back