Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

The white working class are the new fellows.

jebbuz christ this takes playing the victim to levels I didn't even know were possible.... and the comments section :oops: woo-is-me mentality is infectious i guess.

@15:20 he talks about "the left's competitive victim hood". I guess old mate hasn't checked his bosses twitter feed because that is the definition of competitive victim hood.

Last edited:

Another unarmed black man shot and killed by police.

Yet, it's also another case of an unarmed black man screaming at police, being uncooperative, taking an officers gun, or maybe just coming into possession of it during a scuffle.

Even George Floyd is on camera being vexatious with police for a while. Obviously you don't stand on the man's neck for that, but it's probably why they didn't believe he couldn't breathe.

Yet, it's also another case of an unarmed black man screaming at police, being uncooperative, taking an officers gun, or maybe just coming into possession of it during a scuffle.

I can see a small problem with this argument.

Murders up just a casual 30% last year in the US.

I love all these articles avoiding the topic of race when it comes to try and explain the increase.

You just had months of violent protests, whose main point was that black people shouldn’t face consequences for committing crimes. What did you think would happen to the murder rate?

Surely they can link this increase to white supremacy under Trump in some way.

I don't understand the need to have only black voice actors do black characters now. Dr Hibbert from the Simpsons is the latest example.

Will they have to go back through their entire back catalogue to match up nationalities with their proper accents? The Bart vs Australia one should be a bonza piece of whatsit with proper 'Strayan accents overdubbing the pretend one. That kid Bart pranked sounded almost South African!!

Murders up just a casual 30% last year in the US.

I love all these articles avoiding the topic of race when it comes to try and explain the increase.

You just had months of violent protests, whose main point was that black people shouldn’t face consequences for committing crimes. What did you think would happen to the murder rate?

Surely they can link this increase to white supremacy under Trump in some way.

The point of those protests was that black people shouldn't be MURDERED during what should normally be regular policework. If they simply cuffed George Floyd and brought him downtown for questioning over that conterfeit twenty that sh*t would not have gone down the way it did. Ditto all the unjust deaths we in Australia just don't hear about, as George's death was just the final straw NOT the complete argument.

The point of those protests was that black people shouldn't be MURDERED during what should normally be regular policework. If they simply cuffed George Floyd and brought him downtown for questioning over that conterfeit twenty that sh*t would not have gone down the way it did. Ditto all the unjust deaths we in Australia just don't hear about, as George's death was just the final straw NOT the complete argument.

They tried that. Didn't work.

They tried that. Didn't work.

I think he was buzzing on something. If they had thought things through on how to handle someone who was high (brute force is the WORST option when expecting compliance) I guarantee things would have turned out different. I think early on in the piece when they had him sitting up against the wall they could have talked him down. But that takes training.

I think he was buzzing on something. If they had thought things through on how to handle someone who was high (brute force is the WORST option when expecting compliance) I guarantee things would have turned out different. I think early on in the piece when they had him sitting up against the wall they could have talked him down. But that takes training.
6 foot 4 220 pound convicted felon high on fent and meth, whom they already tried to peacefully put in the cop car.

Tell me again how you would handle the situation?

6 foot 4 220 pound convicted felon high on fent and meth, whom they already tried to peacefully put in the cop car.

Tell me again how you would handle the situation?
Not murdering him would be a good start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohh, you mean like Rayshard Brooks where the police spent 41 minutes trying to politely deal with him.

Guess what, he ended up resisting anyway, stole their taser and got shot.

But please, tell us what it’s like to be a police officer in the US having to deal with violent thugs everyday.

Last edited:
Ohh, you mean like Rayshard Brooks where the police spent 41 minutes trying to politely deal with him.

Guess what, he ended up resisting anyway, stole their taser and got shot.

But please, tell us what it’s like to be a police officer in the US having to deal with violent thugs everyday.

That footage is pretty clear-cut to be honest. It shows clearly how everything went down. Brooks stole the taser. He tased a cop. He ran. I still don't think he should have died for that, they could have continued tracking him with backup as they do with other perps they fail to kill each and every day.

I understand to a certain extent a cop's lot in life. I say 'to a certain extent' because I haven't lived it myself. They aren't dealing with the nicest people in society. I get that. They should still have a duty of care though - we as a society entrust them with a badge and a gun and powers of arrest and detention, a trust not afforded to any other institution.

The Floyd footage - especially this one (I can't watch this on 'normal' youtube because of the age verification thing and I don't have an account)

shows a man in obvious distress who really should have had medical help on hand. His death made even less sense than Rayshard Brooks, who at least had responded with violence against the arresting officer/s.

The point of those protests was that black people shouldn't be MURDERED during what should normally be regular policework.

Why is there a focus on black people, when they are killed by police at the same rate relative to their higher crime rate? Surely the real problem and challenge is to address why black people are overrepresented in homicide, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back