Politics Black Lives Matter

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Its not an ethnicity. Neither thing is.

Derp. That was my point. You were making a big deal that there is no "white" ethnicity. Yet "people of colour" has become mainstream. People of colour is not an ethnicity but there's a lot of people adopting it as a major part of their identity. How is one more valid than the other?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Derp. That was my point. You were making a big deal that there is no "white" ethnicity. Yet "people of colour" has become mainstream. People of colour is not an ethnicity but there's a lot of people adopting it as a major part of their identity. How is one more valid than the other?

Do you identify as insecure?

What?

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
There is no "white" ethnicity. It doesn't exist...
There's no "people of colour" ethnicity either. But there's a lot of people adopting it as a major part of their identity.

White. Person of Colour. These are carry-all words. As I see it;

Individuals plus families plus communities plus societies plus cultures plus ethnicities plus nations equals humanity.

Each word (except for 'individual') is nothing but a collective term that can be divided into smaller parts. 'Humanity' is the one term that binds us all together. 'White people' is a broad term, and 'people of colour' an even broader one. Neither one is an ethnicity nor a culture in or of themselves.

carloss

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2007
around
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
luke2.jpg

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very dissapointing the NBA has dropped the BLM slogans etc. Not sure why.

I really enjoyed being lectured by black multi millionaires about equality and how "the system" is racist. I think it added to the whole sports fan experience.

I also pay my respects to elders past, present and future of wherever bigfooty's servers are.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I also pay my respects to elders past, present and future of wherever bigfooty's servers are.

Oh boy, didn't I piss off some academic w***ers when I called them on this!!!

Very dissapointing the NBA has dropped the BLM slogans etc. Not sure why.

I really enjoyed being lectured by black multi millionaires about equality and how "the system" is racist. I think it added to the whole sports fan experience.

As I am sure black people enjoy being lectured by people who think they should HTFU. All very constructive.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Its basically morning prayers in the public service and academia.

The most fervently anti-religous have started their very own religious traditions.. it's hilarious.

I informed them that I detested having to stand and recite "God Save the Queen" in the primary school assembly as a small kid and I failed to see how this imposition was that much different.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
As I am sure black people enjoy being lectured by people who think they should HTFU. All very constructive.

Aren't you a white, middle class, university educated professional? In that case I bet you're "sure" about a lot of things pertaining to black folks. :D

In truth, you don't have a ******* clue.

Even Keith Ellison, a black Democrat, has said there was no individual racism involved in the Chauvin case. Yet you can get called names by some 'progressives' just for asking if anything was found there.
In footballing terms they typically play the man, not the ball.

In footballing terms they typically play the man, not the ball.

Like this?:

Aren't you a white, middle class, university educated professional? In that case I bet you're "sure" about a lot of things pertaining to black folks. :D

In truth, you don't have a ******* clue.

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Not all black people.. the black multimillionaires who were expecting me to pay to watch them play and ideally buy products they endorse.. at the same time they are essentially accusing everyone with my skin colour as being racist!

Some leftie flaggelants may enjoy that form of entertainment and perhaps delude themselves that they are better people for it. However, predictably the ratings tanked, LBJ and friends decided they rather like the cheques and consequently BLM dissapeared from the NBA.

Back