Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah and he chose to walk away.

Then chose to come back and take a knee.

He didn't do a great job of explaining his actions and chose discretion as the better part of valour to save his cricket career. It seems he is a principled man, but not that principled.

Meanwhile nobody noticed that the Sri Lankans didn't take a knee.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, easily riled when you get called out. You're not fooling too many in this thread

Mate, I just told you what my thoughts were and you threw something completely different back at me.

Unfortunately this is becoming a recurring theme on BF. Recently read that 50% of Tasmanian adults are functionally illiterate and I'd have no problem suggesting that extends to the other states as a result of our failing education system.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
He didn't do a great job of explaining his actions and chose discretion as the better part of valour to save his cricket career. It seems he is a principled man, but not that principled.

You noticed, nobody.

Mate, I just told you what my thoughts were and you threw something completely different back at me.

Unfortunately this is becoming a recurring theme on BF. Recently read that 50% of Tasmanian adults are functionally illiterate and I'd have no problem suggesting that extends to the other states as a result of our failing education system.
I'm merely suggesting that the most likely person in that situation to mention BLM would be you. It's hardly 'something completely different'.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm merely suggesting that the most likely person in that situation to mention BLM would be you. It's hardly 'something completely different'.

One more time for the slow: I have no issue with cricketers adopting taking a knee as a universal symbol of solidarity against racism provided it is not typecast as support for BLM.

One more time for the slow: I have no issue with cricketers adopting taking a knee as a universal symbol of solidarity against racism provided it is not typecast as support for BLM.
I know what you said, it's just that I think that you would self-sabotage via the escape route you've already set out so you wouldn't have to perform an anti-racism gesture.

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

I was wondering about that. And the Indians and Paki's for that matter. Why would they grovel and kneel. I bet they are secretly laughing at what most of the white fellas are forced to do right now.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I was wondering about that. And the Indians and Paki's for that matter. Why would they grovel and kneel. I bet they are secretly laughing at what most of the white fellas are forced to do right now.

Sri Lankans have never done it. If their reasoning is simply to steer clear of controversy, it’s sound.

I'm sure if you actually think about it for more than five seconds you might figure out why this is a bit of a nonsense argument.

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
What, in your personal opinion, did BLM mean?
Why has it lost all meaning now?

I just want your personal opinion on this.
It's a slogan a movement, an organisation.

At its heart it was a lot of fed up people protesting against police brutality. There was way too frequent footage of black Americans being horrifically murdered by police. It was organic, it spread worldwide, sports people got on board if they chose too, most did.

Back