Politics Black Lives Matter

50% of Tasmanian adults are functionally illiterate and I'd have no problem suggesting that extends to the other states as a result of our failing education system.
I'd say disadvantage in other ways contributes too.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a slogan a movement, an organisation.

At its heart it was a lot of fed up people protesting against police brutality. There was way too frequent footage of black Americans being horrifically murdered by police. It was organic, it spread worldwide, sports people got on board if they chose too, most did.
So you support what you thought it originally meant, but now you oppose it because you don't think it has any meaning?

To be honest, I don't think you even have more than a basic media understanding of what it stood for.
And your opposition to it is just as influenced by media and your lack of understanding.

If you think the main 'blm' movement in Australia was based on some meaningless organisation in the US, you've no actual idea of what really happened.
You've also spent no time trying to educate yourself.
You're just being taken advantage of.

I'm sorry if that sounds offensive. But let ignore offense and get into some depth and discuss the problems.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which of my observations on BLM do you wish to address?
Did you just call another poster a paedophile?

And then pretend that you wanted to engage in good faith?

Screenshot 2021-11-02 150335.jpg

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
So you support what you thought it originally meant, but now you oppose it because you don't think it has any meaning?

To be honest, I don't think you even have more than a basic media understanding of what it stood for.
And your opposition to it is just as influenced by media and your lack of understanding.

If you think the main 'blm' movement in Australia was based on some meaningless organisation in the US, you've no actual idea of what really happened.
You've also spent no time trying to educate yourself.
You're just being taken advantage of.

I'm sorry if that sounds offensive. But let ignore offense and get into some depth and discuss the problems.
Yeah, too much Sky News and Murdoch media for me, basically lobotomised.

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe I know something you don't.
I asked why you called another poster a paedophile, and you doubled down with more vile bullshit...

It was left over from the most offensive thing I've ever typed on this forum, which I decided against posting. As you wish, I'll remove it.
Instinctively '* you'... you're not the victim.
You're the one that should either state they were wrong for their repeated allegations, or provide evidence for the repeated allegation.

Would you like to address any of my observations on BLM?
WHY is any connection to BLM in Australia, bad?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You're the one that should either state they were wrong for their repeated allegations, or provide evidence for the repeated allegation.

I don’t need to provide evidence for anything after said poster asserted that he could read my mind.
WHY is any connection to BLM in Australia, bad?

Whether it’s “bad” is in the eye of the beholder, isn’t it?

“Disrupt the nuclear family”, abolishing police, overt left-wing political demands etc. Some people agree with these views, some don’t. Nobody should be compelled to support them.

My contention was actually that the sport of cricket should avoid such political affiliations at all costs.

Back