Politics Black Lives Matter

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I guess we will leave it up to BLM whether they are concerned about a 6 million dollar mansion and a 1.4 million dollar home for the co founders using BLM money. Im sure they mean well and will get around to helping their own after they help themselves.
The suckers who donated must be pissed though.
Meh, the suckers who donated to Trump don't seem all that perplexed about it.

Ideology is a hell of a drug I guess.

Gday mate! I'd forgotten you exist. First quote to me in months and you're somehow still running the same material you've been for years.

Low energy :(
I haven't seen his posts in ages :D

1649912240157.png

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Patrick Lyoya was clearly someone who didn't speak the language had no idea what was going on, plus it looked like he was going to get back into his car a microsecond before he was grabbed. Then there's the cop bringing out the gun when in that range of a runner. I assume the gun was fired by accident because they were in a struggle but the gun shouldn't have even been pulled at that distance. Just bad policing all round.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
It may not be illegal, or unethical, fiyoo, that's a relief. Planning to lodge details in May.

" "Even if everything about the house is above board, the general air of secrecy is out of step with the transparency that is expected of charitable or tax-exempt organizations. The size of the acquisition could expose the group to criticism. “That’s a very legitimate critique,” says Jacob Harold, a former CEO of GuideStar and the co-founder of Candid, an information service that reports on nonprofits. “It’s not a critique that says what you’re doing is illegal or even unethical; it might just be unstrategic. Why aren’t you spending it on policy or, you know, other strategies that an organization might take to address the core issues around Black Lives Matter?” "

So Black Lives Matter, but only if they don't buy nice houses?
Dude! They might move to... the wrong suburbs!

But from what I've read there are issues with what a few of them have done. Might have perfectly reasonable answers and the articles I've read might be ignoring certain things to be more sensational.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Dude! They might move to... the wrong suburbs!

But from what I've read there are issues with what a few of them have done. Might have perfectly reasonable answers and the articles I've read might be ignoring certain things to be more sensational.

The people writing these articles, do we know what their houses are worth?

Yeah but are they leading a movement and using donated money.

From what I'm reading there's a house they use for BLM purposes, but people are asking why it needs to be so expensive, and is it achieving it's goals.

Idiots will then use that to question the entire movement.

None of it affects me anyway. Not wedded to any view of it.

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
You can easily look it up.
Nymag is not a paragon of virtue by any stretch. While BLM enjoys 990 and signed up to avoid 1040, they should be under scrutiny as should all charities.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but are they leading a movement and using donated money.

From what I'm reading there's a house they use for BLM purposes, but people are asking why it needs to be so expensive, and is it achieving it's goals.

Idiots will then use that to question the entire movement.

None of it affects me anyway. Not wedded to any view of it.

If some rich people see black people move in next door, then it matters (to them)

I think it's an interesting juxtaposition.

Sorta reminds me of the classic Kevin Bloody Wilson song - Living next door to Alan.

If some rich people see black people move in next door, then it matters (to them)

I think it's an interesting juxtaposition.

Sorta reminds me of the classic Kevin Bloody Wilson song - Living next door to Alan.
Take a white male 20-something YouTuber making millions a month from flooding our kids viewing with videos that are 40% ads for their merch or paying sponsors.

They make themselves heroes by an outward display of neither working nor gaining education in anything but Fortnite and Nerf battles. They move into an obscenely luxurious mansion built for 50 year olds, and nobody has much to say about it. It's cause for amazement and aspiration.

Meanwhile in the UK the Chancellor of the Exchequer's wife is non-domiciled to avoid tax.

Society is backwards.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
BLM was nothing to do with the helping the blacks and other minority groups.
The are just a modern day Antifa but with ethicality brought in to the mix
All you have to do is look at the leaders self confessed marxists who funnel money out of the groups and become multimillionaire property owners. A large chunk of the blm base are white and they riot usually in low socially economic areas

lol another account?

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
BLM was nothing to do with the helping the blacks and other minority groups.
The are just a modern day Antifa but with ethicality brought in to the mix
All you have to do is look at the leaders self confessed marxists who funnel money out of the groups and become multimillionaire property owners. A large chunk of the blm base are white and they riot usually in low socially economic areas

Can-do capitalism.

Back