Streaming Black Mirror

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, Demon 79 was way better than I expected (I had low expectations), the acting carries it over the issues with the script. Like Loch Henry and particularly Mazey Day its frustrating that it isn't a real BM episode though. It would have been much better for Brooker to launch this as a separate show "from the creators of Black Mirror".

One of my all time favorites was Nosedive as its so relateable and love that improvised scene at the end.

When I saw White bear I hated the protagonist and couldn't stand her. Thought she was the worst actress I've ever seen, but by the end I realized she was much better than I'd thought. Not an overly strong episode

I think the idea was always to have the audience hating the * out of her, and for her to be utterly annoying really added to the feeling at the end, pretty much having little empathy for her

White Christmas is one of my favorites. It did feel a little obvious at certain points. The blocking feature is ******* savage. I feel there's a bit of a logical plot hole with Joe's story. One that I'll watch again for sure.

Crocodile was really good. I rate Andrea and remembered her from Oblivion. Sick episode but dark as *.

Joan is Awful - Interesting concept but felt it was lacking in depth

Bandersnatch was good. I'm not sure about the interactive nature of it. Kinda annoyed me more than anything. I'm not on Netflix to play a game.

Hang the DJ was good

Be Right Back is probably my most hated episode so far. Did not like it at all.

Agree.

Every episode gives you a truly WTF type moment with technology very capable of taking over much like this whole series.

Nosedive is really unsettling and we are half way there now IMO with current social media trends.
IT's scary to think these technologies could easily become a reality.

The Arkangel one was eye opening but you could easily see the message as with Nosedive. Nosedive is actually a reality. Think about being in retail where you rely on tips for an income. You have to put up with s**t. If it goes both ways, consumers put up with inferior products in fear of receiving bad reviews. We saw that in Nosedive with the coffee. Influencers on IG only give a s**t about the # of followers and those on par or above them and everyone else wants to be just like them. So when a 3.5 wants to be a 4.2 they won't give two shits about anyone below them. This is already a reality on Instagram.

Hated in The Nation was concerning. The blocking feature in White Christmas was ******* savage

When I saw White bear I hated the protagonist and couldn't stand her. Thought she was the worst actress I've ever seen, but by the end I realized she was much better than I'd thought. Not an overly strong episode

I think the idea was always to have the audience hating the * out of her, and for her to be utterly annoying really added to the feeling at the end, pretty much having little empathy for her

White Christmas is one of my favorites. It did feel a little obvious at certain points. The blocking feature is ******* savage. I feel there's a bit of a logical plot hole with Joe's story. One that I'll watch again for sure.

It seems to be a theme in Charlie Brooker's writing of characters being punished for their crimes way beyond current societal norms.

White Bear. The woman has to relive being hunted every day for the rest of her days.
White Christmas. One guy is registered as a sex offender and 'blocked' by everybody. The other guy is confined to a virtual prison for thousands of years.
Shut Up and Dance. A married man is forced to help rob a bank because he booked a prostitute. Two guys have to fight to the death because they are being blackmailed.
Hated in the Nation. The drone insects initially target people in society who are hated for being racist, insulting a child fan, or saying bad stuff about the disabled. Then the drone insects target and kill 400,000 people who repeated the #DeathTo hashtag.

Just finished mazey day. Was waiting for some sort of tech to turn it into black mirror, but the twist took it even further from a bm episode. One of the worst episodes I can recall. The only good BM thought was of the pap chick taking that last photo, showing how scummy paps are. But that's hardly earth shattering.

First 3 episodes were all good but not top tier.

Which one did you watch and like? And which one did you find boring?
By mistake i watched an episode from season 6 first lol Joan is Awful, which I liked. Also out of order struggled with Loch Henry. Will start from Episode 1 tonight.

By mistake i watched an episode from season 6 first lol Joan is Awful, which I liked. Also out of order struggled with Loch Henry. Will start from Episode 1 tonight.
Joan is awful is the most black mirror like episode of this season. I liked Loch Henry but it's nothing like a normal black mirror episode. Don't let it turn you off.

Episode 1 is my least favourite of that season but still interesting. I really like 2 and 3 is one of the top handful of episodes across all seasons. If you don't like any of season 1, I'd skip the show. I reckon you will though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joan is awful is the most black mirror like episode of this season. I liked Loch Henry but it's nothing like a normal black mirror episode. Don't let it turn you off.

Episode 1 is my least favourite of that season but still interesting. I really like 2 and 3 is one of the top handful of episodes across all seasons. If you don't like any of season 1, I'd skip the show. I reckon you will though.
6x01 Joan is Awful 7/10 It was good but so many better episodes
6x03 Beyond the Sea 8.5/10
6X06 Demon 79 6/10 Didn't really like this ep

Ashley Episode with Miley Cyrus was really bad
Smithereens is genuinely captivating. No ******* idea what's going on.

Last edited:
6x01 Joan is Awful 7/10 It was good but so many better episodes
6x03 Beyond the Sea 8.5/10
6X06 Demon 79 6/10 Didn't really like this ep

Ashley Episode with Miley Cyrus was really bad
Smithereens is genuinely captivating. No ******* idea what's going on.

Beyond the Sea was so cliched and predictable, surprised you enjoy it more than Joan is Awful which I found delightfully meta.

I find BM to be the opposite of binge-watch TV in that I almost need to recharge after an episode (some of them anyway...) which makes me approach further episodes with a bit of trepidation...

The premise of the early episodes seemed to be set in the near future with technology playing a big part in the stories. They seem to have abandoned this because season 6 barely had any of these elements (the Aaron Paul episode does and I haven't watched the Salma Hayek one). A couple were just straight horror/supernatural horror fare which I don't mind, but it's not what made Black Mirror Black Mirror. They seem to be getting progressively worse since Netflix took over.

Mazey Day is so lucky Smithereens exists. I think thats the only thing stopping it being the worst BM episode ever.
This is a bad opinion, Smithereens was captivating.

Metalhead is the worst BM episode ever. Mazey Day probably second.

Metalhead is certainly in the bottom tier. Miley's episode is below it for sure though.
Not sure if you're getting your eps mixed up but Smithereens wasn't the Miley episode? Maybe that explains your otherwise bad opinion ;)

Mazey Day, Metalhead and The Waldo Moment are the bottom tier for me.

Miley Cyrus episode is probably by itself in the next tier up. It was average but at least somewhat entertaining.

Then it all gets better from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back