Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Just finished the first episode of Season 4 - USS Callister, was bloody excellent. Jessie Plemons AKA "Meth Damon" was creepy as ****. I love this series, if you haven't seen any episodes before you can watch them in any order as it's a bit like Twilight Zone, each episode is a stand alone episode. (there are a few Easter Eggs in some episodes but nothing important.

Other Episodes I would recommend

S1 E3 - The Entire History of You
S2 E2 - White Bear
S2 E4 - White Christmas
S3 E3 - Shut up and Dance

Wasn't a fan of S1 E1 - The National Anthem, so I would recommend not starting with that one.

We’ve always called him Fat Damon ;):p

“For he’s a jolly good fellow,
For he’s a jolly good fellow,
For he’s a jolly good...oh my f*ck!” :D

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Watched arkangel last night as it was late and a shorter episode. It was very good.

Now watching space fleet ep and it’s even better. Same sort of sinister feel as most episodes have but also quite a few laughs. Stealing my pussy... is a red ******* line!

mandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2001
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
USS Callister - Thought is was great. Loved Aaron Paul in the last scene.
Arkangel - Enjoyed this one too.
Crocodile - It was ok, but I just didn't believe Mia's character behaving like that at all.
Hang the DJ - It was ok.
Metalhead - Thought this one was just dumb and boring. Had to forward through some of the dog chases because I just wanted it over.
Black Museum - Really liked this one too. Liked seeing some pieces from previous episodes in there.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Binged all 4 seasons a few weeks ago. Overall I love it and would say my top five episodes are:

1. White Christmas (S2E4)
2. San Junipero (S3E4)
3. USS Callister (S4E1)
4. Fifteen Million Merits (S1E2)
5. Hang the DJ (S4E4)

Right down the bottom are 'The Waldo Moment' and 'Metalhead'...geez those are total turds compared to the others.

Crocodile is a bizarre one. It's a great concept but it just doesn't quite work for some reason. Just left me with a weird feeling afterwards...and not in a good way like the best episodes do.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Watched Hang The DJ a couple of nights ago. Right up there with my favourite episodes. Haven't stopped thinking about it since. Was by far the most easily relatable Black Mirror episode which may explain why.
Followed that up with the worst in 'Metalhead'. Just a real nothing episode and sat there for 50 minutes waiting for a twist that never came. Probably the only episode I have found anything to dislike about though. I even loved The Waldo Moment.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Best episodes:
USS Callister
White Christmas (10/10)
Black Museum
Fifteen Million Merits
Nosedive
Playtest

Good-really good:
San Junipero
The Entire History of You
Shut Up & Dance

Okay:
The Waldo Moment
The National Anthem
Men Against Fire
Be Right Back

Non-listed eps are ones I haven't seen (Metalhead, Arkangel, Crocodile etc.)

Can't wait for more Black Mirror!

Apr 20, 2008
Sin City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
No One
Just finished the first episode of Season 4 - USS Callister, was bloody excellent. Jessie Plemons AKA "Meth Damon" was creepy as ****. I love this series, if you haven't seen any episodes before you can watch them in any order as it's a bit like Twilight Zone, each episode is a stand alone episode. (there are a few Easter Eggs in some episodes but nothing important.

Other Episodes I would recommend

S1 E3 - The Entire History of You
S2 E2 - White Bear
S2 E4 - White Christmas
S3 E3 - Shut up and Dance

Wasn't a fan of S1 E1 - The National Anthem, so I would recommend not starting with that one.

Great list. Such a great show. I agree with don’t start on s1e1. I watched that a year ago and was disgusted. So disgusted I didn’t watch another episode for a year. Amazing show though.

Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great list. Such a great show. I agree with don’t start on s1e1. I watched that a year ago and was disgusted. So disgusted I didn’t watch another episode for a year. Amazing show though.

I thought it was incredible how they started the show with that episode. I think it was the creators saying 'this is how far we are prepared to go so leave if you want.'

Bit like the Uncle *er song at the start of South Park The Movie.

Lyttelton Ranger

Squadron Leader
Mar 10, 2008
The Lord's Pyjamas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR
Best episodes:
USS Callister
White Christmas (10/10)
Black Museum
Fifteen Million Merits
Nosedive
Playtest

Good-really good:
San Junipero
The Entire History of You
Shut Up & Dance

That episode has haunted me ever since I watched it a week ago. The use of Radiohead's "Exit Music" at the end was sublime.

Okay:
The Waldo Moment
The National Anthem
Men Against Fire
Be Right Back

Non-listed eps are ones I haven't seen (Metalhead, Arkangel, Crocodile etc.)

Can't wait for more Black Mirror!

I agree that this episode was okay but nothing more. I don't get why this one and "San Junipero" are rated by most as the best Black Mirror episodes.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Never been as confronted by a piece of media as I was by Entire History of You.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Just watched Bandersnatch. It was ok. Interesting idea but didn't like how If you made the wrong choice you were taken back until you made the right choice. A bit pointless.

Steaming pile of s**t.

I kept saying to the missus - who was being slowly torn apart by how cringeworthy it was - that it would surely turn. "don't worry its Black Mirror, it will all come together at the end".

Give me my 90 minutes back.

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just watched Bandersnatch. It was ok. Interesting idea but didn't like how If you made the wrong choice you were taken back until you made the right choice. A bit pointless.

The missus and I thought similar. Will probably go back and rewatch.
Apparently season 5 still going ahead

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't know what you guys watched, but Bandersnatch was bloody awesome.

The ending I got was fantastic (I'm assuming the episode has different endings?).

The only thing that bothered me was the show glitched after I made Stefan jump from the building and I missed a chunk of the episode.

Bunkdar

All Australian
Aug 29, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
This was a let down
Maybe they need 2 rick & morty and take some time away before next season

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the end of the day it was worth a watch/play for me. Could have done without the decisions that had basically no effect on the plot

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Don't know what you guys watched, but Bandersnatch was bloody awesome.

The ending I got was fantastic (I'm assuming the episode has different endings?).

The only thing that bothered me was the show glitched after I made Stefan jump from the building and I missed a chunk of the episode.

I loved it too. I watched a 90 minute version where every decision point was shown with the ending that it led to.

The various plot lines reminded me of Sliding Doors, The Truman Show and The Matrix. Then throw in the Many-Worlds theory and Quantum Suicide and it was a winner for me.

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I enjoyed it, I’ve read up on the endings I missed but am tempted to go again just to witness them. The only criticism I have is that it did feel a bit “on the nose” at times which took you out of the experience. I assume they did it deliberately but it seemed jarring compared to the overall tone of the movie.

Back