Streaming Black Mirror

Streaming Television
Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Sorta enjoyed the novelty of it and had a laugh with my first ending.

Went through a couple more and found one that had some real emotion behind it and what I might consider the 'true' ending, but given that it wasn't my first playthrough the experience of watching it was diluted a bit.

Something I wouldn't mind doing again, but definitely not hanging out for a season of it. Bit of FOMO, but also just that these stories will never be as good as a self-contained one.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
s1e1 done .... meh .... like someone was playing the "what would you do for a million dollars" game with the show's creator, and he extrapolated the idea. think it's a shockingly awful decision to start a tv show on this premise/idea. typical brits :p

still, we power on to s1e2 now....
The first ep. is probably one of the worst in the series, it gets better

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
s1e1 done .... meh .... like someone was playing the "what would you do for a million dollars" game with the show's creator, and he extrapolated the idea. think it's a shockingly awful decision to start a tv show on this premise/idea. typical brits :p

still, we power on to s1e2 now....

What charcoalchicken said. I would rate it the second worst of the overall series. There are plenty of much better episodes in store.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
s1e2 ... still meh ... i'm just not seeing the "twilight zone" in this. when i was growing up on R.Serling's show, it was educational, elucidating, there were actual ironies and life lessons in it, truly mind-*ingg stuff (in its era). Black Mirror is (at this early stage) lacking true substance.

still, we power on to s1e3, and on thru all four seasons. i will give it a good go before making a final judgement.

and don't worry, i won't post a "review" after each episode.

see you all back here after all four seasons are done. :rainbow:

Nothing will ever compare to the original TZ if you've put it on such an untouchable pedestal so if that's what you're hoping or looking for you're going to be consistently disappointed. It's a present day take on the TZ concept - short stories with a twist or a sting in the tail or something. Some episodes are better than others just like the original series which was by no means all killer and no filler.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing will ever compare to the original TZ if you've put it on such an untouchable pedestal so if that's what you're hoping or looking for you're going to be consistently disappointed. It's a present day take on the TZ concept - short stories with a twist or a sting in the tail or something. Some episodes are better than others just like the original series which was by no means all killer and no filler.

I shouldn't make judgements too soon.

S1E3 was sensational TV, among the best in TV history actually. Incredibly high praise given I "meh'd" the previous two episodes.

So, sorry I spoke too soon. I'm guessing as I go thru episode to episode, there'll be hits and misses. Like you said, not hold it to TZ's lofty heights, but treat it on it's own merits. :heart: to you.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Which one was that?
The Entire History of You.

But I just watched Be Right Back......hmmm, I think that may actually be more of a mind-fck, and throw up far more deep thoughts and conundrums. So many different possible conclusions that story couldve gone, that I was imagining as the story unfolded. The Entire History of You was just very emotional, brilliantly done especially the ending, the deletion scenes of the guy. But I think I liked BRB far more.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
White Christmas is still the pinnacle of this show.

San Junipero and Hang the DJ next in line for me.

I almost treat San Junipero as being in a separate TV show, it's just such a beautiful episode but not your typical Black Mirror stuff. Entire History of You hit me especially hard from a personal perspective but I agree that White Christmas is the best. The two dilemmas it leaves you with at the end at the same time are both amazing.

USS Callister is my favourite though.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
finished season 1, 2 and white christmas.

so far i like white bear the most, white christmas was epic, be right back was grest, entire history lessened on me a little since, but still top notch.

hated waldo moment, national anthem, fifteen million merits.

i will add tho the show has a good knack so far of casting stunning women.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I almost treat San Junipero as being in a separate TV show, it's just such a beautiful episode but not your typical Black Mirror stuff. Entire History of You hit me especially hard from a personal perspective but I agree that White Christmas is the best. The two dilemmas it leaves you with at the end at the same time are both amazing.

USS Callister is my favourite though.

USS Callister is such a fun episode. I love it.

Just finished watching all completed four seasons of Black Mirror.

Wondrous stuff.

Sometime over the next couple of days I will try to rank all the episodes from best to worst.

I think season 5 may have also started too, so I will keep an eye out for that.
Did you watch that Bandersnatch thing?

Back