Movie Black Panther - From rumour to reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/exclusive-standalone-marvel-movie-cap-takes-place-wakanda/

Earlier today I blew up my own twitter feed in the quest for new followers and boy did twitter nation respond!

Anyway, there has been much speculation as to the upcoming two Marvel films which have yet to be announced. It’s painfully obvious one of them is going to be the sequel to the Avengers.

But what about the other one?

Without further adieu, let’s get right to it…

Hell yes folks…

THE BLACK PANTHER is going to headline his own film!

How do I know? Let’s say I got it from FOUR different trusted sources.

Marvel is going BIG TIME after the urban film audience and I applaud them for that. Last year, it was reported that Marvel hired Mark Bailey to pen the script and I hear the script is fantastic.

The clues were always there. They showed Wakanda on the map in Iron Man 2 and Captain America’s shield is made from Vibranium which also hails from Wakanda. The Black Panther has a long development history which at one point had Wesley Snipes attached to star. Marvel got the rights back to the character in 2005.

The Black Panther has a HUGE urban following. Growing up in NYC, even though I’m more a Luke Cage fan, every Boricua I knew had crazy love for T’challa.

Who do I think got not only the physicality but the acting chops to play the character?

My money says Nate Parker from Red Tails.

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/exclusive-standalone-marvel-movie-cap-takes-place-wakanda/

And

Of course, none of this is official and could be wrong, but many of the pieces fit into place. We had heard separately recently that Black Panther was going to be set up/cameo in the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" and with this bit of news, that seems to make a lot of sense.

I'm probably gonna pass on this film if this is true. Black Panther has been terrible in the comics over the last decade with the whole withholding a cure for cancer from the rest of the world thing being the deal breaker.
I would have much preferred the film be a Heroes for Hire film if they wanted a black superhero. Luke Cage is an awesome character who was pretty much a blaxsplotation character in the beginning of his run but he's pretty much a superhero who happens to be black whereas Black Panther is very explicitly a black superhero. Plus, Cage is a far cooler character and harder to use to push an agenda which is my other criticism of Black Panther who was used to push racial issues over the last decade which is because of Hudlin's run.

Plus, look at the picture below and tell me that anything can be cooler than Luke Cage. He rocks that blouse and tiara look.;)

funnycomic_cagedoommoney.jpg

You obviously never read any early issue Cage. Very embarassing and exploitative for Marvel.

Apart from that I agree.

Also would not be surprised to see a Namor film, for very much the same Easter egg reasons as BP.

Surely Ant Man isn't a new announcement. Edgar Wright has been attached for two years.

Btw, AICN has an article today about a Venom project that could be considered unannounced at time of OP posting.

Venom 2014 into legitimate Venom/Carnage for Amazing Spiderman 2 in 2015. And potentially, if Avi Arad is taken on face value (which he rarely can be), Spiderman appearance in Avengers 2 a month or so later.

Ruffalo will definitely get his own Hulk title in 2014 though. He was sublime in Avengers and Hulk is cool again.

Planet Hulk could be a very cool premise but maybe not until after Avengers 2 sets the intergalactic scene for the series.

Idris Elba would probably have been front runner except I believe he is part of the Thor universe.

Marvel have been casting with some level of prestige for the Avengers universe so I can see this being Jamie Foxx's to refuse.

It was good. Almost restrained for a MCU movie. Less awkward humour and blue lasers than usual. Racists won't like it. Black people getting ****ed over is part of the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad that the movie turned out good. I was dreading the worst at the time because his comic was dreadful during the 2000's although perhaps that can be said about all of Marvel during the period.

I'm also glad that it didn't devolve into a quipfest because that s**t is getting old also.

I'm not saying they brought oppression by whites on themselves, but that they did oppress each other. Black people are human beings, and their history is as chequered as anyone's, as you'd expect.

Yep just look at the horrors in Sudan and the Congo. All ethnicities have carried out atrocities.

Idris Elba would probably have been front runner except I believe he is part of the Thor universe.

Marvel have been casting with some level of prestige for the Avengers universe so I can see this being Jamie Foxx's to refuse.

Wesley Snipes was the name thrown around in the 90's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back