Movie Blade Runner 2049

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a shame it under performed at the BO, it’s a masterpiece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Just more confirmation for the studio suits that this type of movie isn't viable.

Terrible movie. Hardly any explosions, no memorable action shots and no memorable CG shots and this was touted as a $200M sequel to a critically acclaimed sci fi. It was so rushed and poorly put together.

If I wanted to see a $200M blockbuster, I'll stick with the MCU as they have the formula down pat. Wish McG would've directed this one or even Michael Bay, someone with miles more experience with handling of franchises.

Whoever did the cinematography was a right amateur too. Never seen so many mistakes and poor composition in a film ever. The guy definitely does not deserve an academy award...whoever it was.

Pretty sure this post is a p1ss take (and a good one at that!), but I reckon this is literally how studios think these days with regard to this type of movie. Bit depressing.

Yep. Just more confirmation for the studio suits that this type of movie isn't viable.

Which makes me worried for the upcoming Dune, as it may suffer the same fate.

But the strong cast may be used as a strong selling point to general audiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thread inspired me to re-attempt to watch the blu-ray after 6 months, got halfway and then busy.

i enjoyed it, a good way to spend nearly 3 hours but i feel kind of meh. i suppose i should admit here i shrug my shoulders at rutger's tears in the rain monologue in the first one. i enjoy the first blade runner much more, and it left more of a mark on me than 2049 will.
visually amazing. have no issues with the long shots.
could not give a toss about gosling's supposed inner searching. i certainly couldn't connect with him, let alone any of the characters. half of harrison ford's scene's were almost comic relief.
a certain faction that adds nothing.
all this said, i enjoyed it. the atmosphere and visuals, and the protagonist going about his thing was fairly engaging. a kind of replicant character study.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back