Movie Blade Runner....would a sequel ruin the original ? What movies should be left to stand alone....and

Dec 1, 2008
North (ish)
AFL Club
Richmond
I am a big fan of Blade Runner, and whilst I think I would have enjoyed a sequel, I must confess to thinking that it would have ruined everything good about the original.
It got me thinking, what should have stayed as an original movie, without a sequel......Blues Brothers should have stayed as an original, the sequel was crap......I also think everything released after First Blood (Rambo) was rubbish also.......

Forrest Gimp

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2007
Lathlain, Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Re: Blade Runner....would a sequel ruin the original ? What movies should be left to stand alone....

I am a big fan of Blade Runner, and whilst I think I would have enjoyed a sequel, I must confess to thinking that it would have ruined everything good about the original.
It got me thinking, what should have stayed as an original movie, without a sequel......Blues Brothers should have stayed as an original, the sequel was crap......I also think everything released after First Blood (Rambo) was rubbish also.......

They kind of already did. Remember that shithouse 97 or 98 flick "Soldier" with Kurt Russell? That was set in the same universe and had the same screenwriter. It wasn't a direct continuation of the story or anything though.

Also, a series of book sequels were written by KW Jeter (I think that was his name). They were so-so, but if you're desperate...

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
Re: Blade Runner....would a sequel ruin the original ? What movies should be left to stand alone....

Big no for Bladerunner.

Movie is based off a brilliant short story "Do androids dream of electric sheep?", by Phillip K. Dick.

Paramount in most of his writing are the themes explored, so I really just can't see another sequal being justified to re-tread the same stuff because it would just detract from his and Ridley Scotts original work.

Back