Past Blaine Boekhorst

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't understand the question marks around Bucks. Great flanker option and IMO his decision making and disposal are fine with all due respect to those who aren't sure of it.

Boek looking like a vital mid for us this year. Great vision and awareness with the fitness to match now.
I especially don't understand people who would prefer Tutt over Bucks.

El Topo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 18, 2013
the wilderness
AFL Club
Carlton
The beauty of Bucks IMO is his straightforward, fearless aggression, especially against the turgid misery of 2015... but isn't the issue more about following instructions? 'Straight line' players are great to watch but pre season reports suggest Bolts will demand more

I'm yet to be convinced about Buckley's decision making.
He's O.K. when in clear space but will need to get to a new level when the play tightens up.

Not everyone has the awareness of Cripps but would like to see Buckley play a little more 'Sydney' in the clinches.....but that would go for many, I guess.
Boekhorst's awareness and quick hand-offs though, are pretty neat.

Obviously he'll play on Thursday after his game against the Swans and moments against Hawthorn, but he has a long way to go to be anywhere near Isaac Smith. I like that he looks a bit stronger and heavier as he was way too light last year. Hopeful but the jury is still out. Even Kane Lucas played the odd good game.
Hmm, IMO Kane Lucas never looked as good as BB has at times. That combination of awareness, speed and skill doesn't exactly grow on trees. His thing will be consistency but I like the boy.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I'm yet to be convinced about Buckley's decision making.
He's O.K. when in clear space but will need to get to a new level when the play tightens up.

Not everyone has the awareness of Cripps but would like to see Buckley play a little more 'Sydney' in the clinches.....but that would go for many, I guess.
Boekhorst's awareness and quick hand-offs though, are pretty neat.
Bucks' hands and vision are pretty good, just tries to do a lot when he thinks he has an option 40+ m away.

RedFury

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
What he showed in the NAB Challenge was encouraging and earns him a spot in the current 22 for round 1. For mine though, NAB is just NAB and he needs to show he can reproduce that form in the real stuff, where the intensity usually goes up quite a bit.

setantypants

All Australian
Jun 14, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ms. Setantypants to you
He looked great in the NAB, and as RedFury says, he's just got to go the extra mile in the home and away season.

It's nice having a skilled and mildly silky player on the up. He could be anything.

Blaine started to look more and more comfortable at senior level as his debut season progressed and he looks to have taken another step forward over the preseason.

He certainly as a few tricks up his sleeve and plays the game at a serious pace - he'll make mistakes along the way but shouldn't shy away from playing to his strengths. He'll certainly be out there on Thursday night against the Tigers and should feature prominently in 2016.

Big Sim is Back

Cancelled
Jan 12, 2016
Deep South
AFL Club
Carlton
NO doubt Bolts sees BB as our Hill/Smith type and so do I.

Is Bucks our Puopolo? I like him as a small forward/mid. Think we have better options off half back.

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Looked right at home last night. Expect him to be a permanent fixture this year.
He's got everything you need from a wingman. Pace, Penetration with his kicking. Accurate as well and good evasive skills

rog1995

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Really impressed with Boekhurst. One of our best users of the ball we have. Once his confidence grows he will start using his lateral movement to really break the lines. Really impressed with how well we played we should of won. Credit to Bolton. For me the big positive is we have a great Foundation of youngsters developing. Silvagni played really well in the two's as did Cunners. Throw in Plowman Curnow and McKay and future is looking bright.

Back