Past Blaine Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that he was scared of Mick. :D

Blues seek goals with Johnson
Within hours of Carlton selecting Blaine Johnson with pick No.43 in yesterday's rookie draft, the WA forward received a call from his new coach Mick Malthouse.

"It was a bit of a shock at first. I didn't really believe it was him," Johnson said. "He actually seemed pretty chilled. Probably didn't want to scare me too early."

How did this kid last until pick 43 in the rookie draft

Best on ground and 5 goals in a reserves grand final as a young kid is an amazing achievement, welcome aboard Johnno, great things are in store for you I hope

More than happy to take someone that could be considerd a steal in years to come.
As we speak, I think Rogers & co have nailed this draft.

Indeed. Haven't been this confident since nailing the 2010 draft.

I thought last years draft was pretty solid as well.
Menzel, Temay, Graham and Cachia.

Shane Rogers should really be congratulated for ther results so far in the past two drafts.

Indeed. Haven't been this confident since nailing the 2010 draft.

:(

Still, jury is out on Watto. But Duigan has been useful for pick 70 odd. Andy Mac looks good. Curnow tick.

13 picks in 2010 (8 ND - including rookie promotions & 5 rookie picks). Only 7 remain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought last years draft was pretty solid as well.
Menzel, Temay, Graham and Cachia.

Shane Rogers should really be congratulated for ther results so far in the past two drafts.

For sure...but the 2010 draft has chastened me a little bit. I was so pumped for weeks afterwards...still if Watto and McInnes come on, 2 out of 4 aint bad.

I love what we've done this year in that we look to have taken six genuine footballers. Still on the fence a bit with last years result.

Blaine gets the nod

When one door closes another one opens – and this week the door has opened for Carlton first-year rookie Blaine Johnson.

Blues champion Heath Scotland was this week placed on the long-term injury list for the rest of the season, effectively ending his 16-year AFL career.

The move has made way for a player to be upgraded to Carlton's primary list, and that player is Blaine Johnson.
Johnson has impressed in his six outings with Carlton's VFL affiliate the Northern Blues.

Always a big chance after being upgraded.

Jeffy sure didn't have his best game last week...

Not sure why they would upgrade him if a debut isn't somewhat on the cards, so lets wait and see. Maybe an emergency position this week and then a spot against Brisbane the week after ???

Possibly.
With the extended bench for Sundays game we might just see him there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back