List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But the club deals with other clubs, not with their Bigfooty posting supporters :-D

Just because he hasn't cemented a place in the 1st's doesn't mean clubs aren't aware of his potential, and valuing him based in that.

P.S. what would you say McBean is worth?

Obviously a different scenario, but if McBean lived interstate, wanted to go home, and was uncontracted, then again, we'd still probably only break even. The saving grace that could actually improve McBeans value is his high placing in the frosty miller medal.

I think people need to realise there's a difference between a players value and rating to a club internally, and the actual book value of a player. McBean is rated pretty highly inside the club I'd imagine, but to another club he's only worth his book value. A pick 33 that's played 0 AFL games.

Jared Polec was a pick 5 who played 16 games in 3 years and was later traded for pick 21. That was including a bidding war from both Adelaide and Port Adelaide.

I stick by my call of delusional for anyone who thinks we will get more then pick 40 if Madonna leaves.

I think Conca and Vlastuin still have upside. Reece has shown that when he has some continuity he can be a good player. I thought at stages this year you could see he had his zip and lateral movement back. A full preseason and season should see him become a genuinely good mid. I wouldn't be letting him go along with a first rounder for anything other than Dangerfield or the like.

Vlastuin also has potential as an inside mid. Failing that he will be a perfectly good half back flank. Already very good in that position. For a 2nd year kid he has been outstanding.

I have no doubt that club is up to its eyeballs in potential trades at the moment looking to bring in guys like Shiel, Mitchell, Sloane, Danger etc.

My ultimate scenario
- Nab Shiel/Mitchell/Hoskin-Elliot for our first rounder and a player superfluous to needs such as Grimes or Vickery and a third rounder.
- Pick up Higgins as a free agent to give us a distributor off of half back along with Houli (haven't thought this through much but maybe)
- Nab Dangerfield as a Free Agent at the end of next year while retaining first rounder

Big If's there but you'd think that the Tigers are on the verge of becoming a destination club/if they aren't already.
- great facilities
- best location in the Football universe
- MCG most weeks
- big crowds often
- stability and well run
- funds!
- played finals two years in a row and should be on the up - given a little bit of luck should really be aiming at top 4 for the next 3 to 4 years minimum

The AFL need to allow trading of future picks if guys like Danger want to move. Otherwise it becomes too hard for teams to get the currency to make these trades work. Should also be allowed to trade right up until you take your pick.

I disagree with this. The rival clubs dictate what a players worth is. It is only hard to get a trade done if the player doesn't necessarily want to get to you. Or that player is on Essendons list :D

That is what happened with those blokes I named for the Swans and Hawks, they weren't widely known about or even tipped to be good players but they got their crack and took their chances to provide the quality support for the stars. That is what we need to happen for us. We need those lesser lights to step up and become solid best 22 players that can be relied on for 22+ weeks a year not just flash in the pan types. That is the difference between us and those top teams. It's not our lack of star quality, but the support cast that surrounds them. Improve that and we'll improve no doubt. Don't and we can go backwards very quickly.

Meanwhile North is recruiting Dal Santo and going straight past us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back