Traded Blake Acres [Traded to Carlton for Future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

On paper the Blues needed a winger si they traded for a winger. But he’s not given them a point of difference; he’s not quick and he’s not a skilled user. I don’t think the Blues have found their winger yet and need to keep looking.

They drafted one in Hollands. They will be hoping he'd be the one. Cottrell isn't terrible, just doesn't get the ball enough.

They drafted one in Hollands. They will be hoping he'd be the one. Cottrell isn't terrible, just doesn't get the ball enough.
He’s 3-4 away from consistently impacting at the top level. They picked up Acres as a quick fix but he hasn’t really been. I like Cottrell as a two way runner, but they need another decent winger with speed.

He’s 3-4 away from consistently impacting at the top level. They picked up Acres as a quick fix but he hasn’t really been. I like Cottrell as a two way runner, but they need another decent winger with speed.

quite possibly, who knows whether there is a realistic options. There was a reason Acres was cheap

I think Acres would still be out best wing option but would likely stop games going to Ras and Johnson which is important. Plonking Hughes on there at the start of the year was horrible though and thank God we don’t do that anymore.

He seems to be pretty much the same player at Carlton compared to us with some excellent games, some poor and his his disposal being a bit of an issue. Carlton probably still got a bargain though

I think Acres would still be out best wing option but would likely stop games going to Ras and Johnson which is important. Plonking Hughes on there at the start of the year was horrible though and thank God we don’t do that anymore.

He seems to be pretty much the same player at Carlton compared to us with some excellent games, some poor and his his disposal being a bit of an issue. Carlton probably still got a bargain though
Yeah, I don't know. The game of AFL is essentially all about how you can transition the ball from one side of the ground to the other, and if you have a player who stops that transition (either from turning the ball over, kicking too slowly, kicking too high, making the wrong decisions, not being fast enough, or not moving it quickly enough) then he is not an asset to your team (Regardless of draft capital spent to get him there).

Yeah, I don't know. The game of AFL is essentially all about how you can transition the ball from one side of the ground to the other, and if you have a player who stops that transition (either from turning the ball over, kicking too slowly, kicking too high, making the wrong decisions, not being fast enough, or not moving it quickly enough) then he is not an asset to your team (Regardless of draft capital spent to get him there).
Yeah but that’s the weakest part of his game and he has other positives that make him a useful player. His running is now one of the best in the game where he consistently gets down to defence in time to help and his marking is an asset that can help move the ball.

I think Acres would still be out best wing option

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or pick 9 like his replacement ;)

Meh he was selected after serong and young who are potential superstars

Henry was an ad on that may not work out. He only cost freo a few draft points the following year and Freo picked up Chapman with the pick who looks very talented.

Pretty much a moot point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back