Traded Blake Acres [traded with #10, #58, future 2nd & 4th to Fremantle for Hill & future 3rd]

Who won this trade?

• St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a tease.

Has looked really good at times but lacks enthusiasm when he's out there IMO.

Probably worth an early third if I'm being realistic.
Thanks for assessment. Looking like Hill for 10, future second and Acres?
I don't think Freo fans can melt over that - Saints have paid slightly overs but they won't regret trading for Brad Hill.

Just stick him alongside Mundy all pre season, has all the attributes. His 2 games post Richo were very good before going off with a shoulder v Melbourne, I'd reserve judgement on his performances under Richo, never seemed to have a defined role.

Bit of a tease.

Has looked really good at times but lacks enthusiasm when he's out there IMO.

Probably worth an early third if I'm being realistic.

Lacks enthusiasm? You think that's a positional thing or just attitude in general?

dont let the fake tears from saints supporters fool ya. acres is slow and useless. rather have their Steven pick 58.
we don't want ur scraps saints!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could replace Blakely as the apparent gun because of size and athleticism who is actually quite limited as a footballer?

Although the talk around Blakely has died down

The only thing that seems limited now is his ability to be consistent. He's actually dropped off his ball winning ability this year

His disposal used to be a bit sloppy but he's cleaned that up and always had plenty of penetration on his kick so he's now one of the guys I don;t mind with ball in hand.

Thanks for assessment. Looking like Hill for 10, future second and Acres?
I don't think Freo fans can melt over that - Saints have paid slightly overs but they won't regret trading for Brad Hill.

If the alternative is 10 and a future first, I think St Kilda do better by trading a 2nd and Acres.

Dockers could probably do without another 18 year old next year too - 7, 10, Henry this year, Brayshaw and Cerra (plus Dixon, Crowden) a couple of years ago gives them plenty of youth spread out. Whereas from the Acres draft they're left with Pearce, and the drafts directly surrounding it they're left with Blakely (potentially out the door) as Smith, Duffy, Weller and Langdon are all gone. So bringing in a role player in that age range is helpful.

Seems like a beneficial list management strategy for both sides.

The only thing that seems limited now is his ability to be consistent. He's actually dropped off his ball winning ability this year

His disposal used to be a bit sloppy but he's cleaned that up and always had plenty of penetration on his kick so he's now one of the guys I don;t mind with ball in hand.

Not a huge ball winner, doesn't kick as much as he should, not a huge goalkicker, not consistent, doesn't get much TOG, is no longer a 'kid' at 24.

Is a role player. Handy but he's tracking to be one of those 27-28 year olds that people still go on about potential over. I recognise it from the likes of Atley.

dont let the fake tears from saints supporters fool ya. acres is slow and useless. rather have their Steven pick 58.
we don't want ur scraps saints!
What does it matter what we think?

We aren't the saints list manager. If we were, Blake would be staying because he's pretty highly rated amongst us fans

If the alternative is 10 and a future first, I think St Kilda do better by trading a 2nd and Acres.

Dockers could probably do without another 18 year old next year too - 7, 10, Henry this year, Brayshaw and Cerra (plus Dixon, Crowden) a couple of years ago gives them plenty of youth spread out. Whereas from the Acres draft they're left with Pearce, and the drafts directly surrounding it they're left with Blakely (potentially out the door) as Smith, Duffy, Weller and Langdon are all gone. So bringing in a role player in that age range is helpful.

Seems like a beneficial list management strategy for both sides.
I'd rather do 10 + future first over 10 + future 2nd + Acres every single day of the week.

Facts of the matter are, he's genuinely best 22, in the right age bracket for our club, and legitimate upside that probably only Billings, Marshall, King, Gresham and Clark can match. He's frustrating at times because we all know he should be better than he has been, but he didn't exactly have the best guidance under Richo.

I really hope he stays.. especially since it's not a deal breaker in the trade.

Not the greatest source and a dick of a human but seems like Acres to Freo as part of the Hill deal 🤦🏻‍♂️

Excuse me while I go throw up for the rest of the night thinking of another slow ball butcher in our side.

Back