ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
With the talk on the Saints board he is up for trade ?

What do we think he is worth ?

I was thinking between 20 to 30 pick

Is actively being shopped to both the WA teams who are obviously interested. Saints keen to trade him, not sure why but they must want to get back into the draft and cycle the list a bit. Billings is also one who could leave if the right offer comes in.

Doubt he goes anywhere. Would take some kind of offer.
Wasn't he dropped twice this year? At least once. I don't think they could ask for the moon and stars, but I understand what you mean. Having him under contract means that unless they get an offer they are happy with, they have no pressure to move him. If he returns something they are interested in, I'm sure they would strongly consider it. Less about 'some kind of offer', more about returning something they like and perceive they need more than Acres.
Their willingness to consider letting him go probably has more to with the fact that they have a lot of his type, inside ball winners. They really need class, outside run, hence chasing Gaff.
Where do you stand on Billings? Open to moving him for the right deal, or completely off limits in your eyes?

Wasn't he dropped twice this year? At least once. I don't think they could ask for the moon and stars, but I understand what you mean. Having him under contract means that unless they get an offer they are happy with, they have no pressure to move him. If he returns something they are interested in, I'm sure they would strongly consider it. Less about 'some kind of offer', more about returning something they like and perceive they need more than Acres.
Their willingness to consider letting him go probably has more to with the fact that they have a lot of his type, inside ball winners. They really need class, outside run, hence chasing Gaff.
Where do you stand on Billings? Open to moving him for the right deal, or completely off limits in your eyes?

Picked up a groin injury which kept him out for a while. Wasn't dropped. The club has shown enormous faith in him over the journey.

Billings is completely off limits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got o.p just before the bye then struggled for fitness.so stkilda shop him around lol?

Sunss could do a lot worst to offer pick 17 for him or sc pick for gaff.

Picked up a groin injury which kept him out for a while. Wasn't dropped. The club has shown enormous faith in him over the journey.

Billings is completely off limits.
If a team were willing to offer value commensurate with his potential rather than his output to date, I would consider moving Billings if I were St Kilda. Just my take

With the talk on the Saints board he is up for trade ?

What do we think he is worth ?

I was thinking between 20 to 30 pick
This would be an odd move, was in good form until he went down around Rd 6 and struggled to get back into it when he got back on the park..... maybe there is something longer term in the injuries that the Saints are worried about

Only way Blake leaves is if he walks. He has another two years left on his contract and prior to his groin injury he was probably the Saints best this year, not that that took much effort.

Freo know what it takes to trade a 'gun' contracted kid considering what they received for Lachie. I doubt they'd give up their first or Cerra for him, so I'll back him in the be a Saint next year.

Would take him at port in a heart beat. Good Polec replacement
Very different player to Polec. Could put pressure on SPP for his spot though. Perhaps putting pressure on him him will be a good thing, he seemed to stagnate this year after his solid year 1

Only way Blake leaves is if he walks. He has another two years left on his contract and prior to his groin injury he was probably the Saints best this year, not that that took much effort.

Freo know what it takes to trade a 'gun' contracted kid considering what they received for Lachie. I doubt they'd give up their first or Cerra for him, so I'll back him in the be a Saint next year.

Amusing

Water gun? His 23 an has just cracked the 20 possie average.mate at his best he is a issac smith type 20 an 1 goal type but that is abit off which at 23 is the concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back