Recommitted Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very different player to Polec. Could put pressure on SPP for his spot though. Perhaps putting pressure on him him will be a good thing, he seemed to stagnate this year after his solid year 1

Every time I’ve seen him play, which isn’t a huge amount in fairness to properly judge his game, but he looks to Be growing into a very good linking player up and down the ground and could develop into a very good wingman.

Agree SPP needs some extra pressure though, seemed to cruise a bit this year but hopefully just a case of the second year blues!

Water gun? His 23 an has just cracked the 20 possie average.mate at his best he is a issac smith type 20 an 1 goal type but that is abit off which at 23 is the concern.
He’s a fair way away from being Isaac Smith. He’s good in traffic but not quick at all. He’s played his best footy for us on the ball as a big body, evasive and tough with good judgement and a big leg. Often injured to date but a classy type. Most estimates of his value about right 20-25.

Saints fans - what do you think your club would accept for him (at a minimum)?
I think we’d take a pick in the range I quoted. It’s hard to be objective but his obvious class is tempered by his injury this year and as a result I doubt we’d be expecting any more.

He is worth more to St Kilda than he is in a trade at the moment.He has limitations - poor short kick and slow to make decisions but his best is very good. Great lateral movement and cuts through packs and an awkward match up in the forward line too.

Doesn't seem to be an Alan Richardson favourite though. Not robotic enough. Should play as a midfielde/wing with short stints resting forward but gets thrown around everywhere.

Another game from Hannebery like his last 20 games and maybe the penny will drop that we don't have to find a pick in the 20's to pay for him and no-one else is even remotely interested.

Has too much natural talent and flair for Richo's liking so Richo has tried to play him as a third forward/ruckman instead of in the midfield where his size, athleticism and natural footy instincts would see him shine. It would be a disaster to have Acres walk but if he did we would need to get a top 15 pick or a very good player in return.

In round one this year he was coming off a great pre season and played on the wing for 30 disposals (12 contested/83% efficiency), 9 marks (1 contested), 4 tackles and a goal. Over the next few weeks he started getting thrown all over the ground including significant periods starting as a tall forward and in the ruck. He was still putting up decent numbers until his body broke down and missed 3 months of footy and then came back into the team underdone and once again being played as a marking forward when it's plain to see that he's a genuine midfielder.

I wouldn't hold it against him wanting to leave a club that has managed him so badly - I'd much rather we boot Richo to make sure we retain these players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints fans - what do you think your club would accept for him (at a minimum)?
Minimum would be pick 30, max I think we could squeeze a club for around 13-15 possibly

I'm in the keep camp though. Unlimited potential and he offers something different to anyone else on our list.

Minimum would be pick 30, max I think we could squeeze a club for around 13-15 possibly

I'm in the keep camp though. Unlimited potential and he offers something different to anyone else on our list.
Would happily give up GWS second plus change if he were to stay in Melbourne.

Obviously if Neale goes Fremantle could be interested. The club would be very wary about his injury history though, and would be looking at absolute minimum trade value and salary.

How has he performed forward? Is that a way forward for him with his injury history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back